The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

15 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Amazing how dying in a car crash two weeks after positive test IS related to Covid. 

Now explain the other 127738 deaths.

Boredom having read asinine comments on a messageboard?

Just now, Eddie said:

Now explain the other 127738 deaths.

Boredom having read asinine comments on a messageboard?

Freedom of information responses from 29 councils (that have thus far responded) asked how many burials and cremations performed in their cities over last five years have revealed only 978 extra deaths over the average in 2020. In correlation with increases in population over that period and in those cities, the data doesn’t add up to the narrative. 
I have had both doses btw and I’m not a foil helmet wearer. 

2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Freedom of information responses from 29 councils (that have thus far responded) asked how many burials and cremations performed in their cities over last five years have revealed only 978 extra deaths over the average in 2020. In correlation with increases in population over that period and in those cities, the data doesn’t add up to the narrative. 

Maybe not - but you're citing the work of conspiracy theorists desperately trying to find figures that play into their conviction that there is some sort of hoax going on. In some cases because they're just not very well and have too much time on their hands, and in other cases so that they can perpetuate their grift and make a tidy sum out of the whole thing by exploiting those who just desperately want to believe

So let's be clear - there is no need for FOI requests to councils for this info

1) because councils only carry figures for council-owned crematoriums and not private 

2) the total figure for 2020 is already published by the Crematorium Society.

You won't be surprised to see that there were ~70k more cremations in 2020

And that the bloke on Twitter called "John M:Wrong Think Super Spreader" has piped down a bit

image.thumb.png.7bc374afeea7f28b9dce3569991dda77.png

20 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Why are so many jabs being brought forward? What's changed?

My best guess is because UK are now one of the only few in Europe using it. My mate in France had the 1st AZ they then decided anyone under 55 cannot have it (he is 55 in Sept) so had Pfizer for 2nd dose. From what Ihear not many want it so plenty left.

8 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

Maybe not - but you're citing the work of conspiracy theorists desperately trying to find figures that play into their conviction that there is some sort of hoax going on. In some cases because they're just not very well and have too much time on their hands, and in other cases so that they can perpetuate their grift and make a tidy sum out of the whole thing by exploiting those who just desperately want to believe

So let's be clear - there is no need for FOI requests to councils for this info

1) because councils only carry figures for council-owned crematoriums and not private 

2) the total figure for 2020 is already published by the Crematorium Society.

You won't be surprised to see that there were ~70k more cremations in 2020

And that the bloke on Twitter called "John M:Wrong Think Super Spreader" has piped down a bit

image.thumb.png.7bc374afeea7f28b9dce3569991dda77.png

Maybe some people aren't looking for a conspiracy theory but just find the figures hard to comprehend because of personal experience.

127,000 deaths is 0.2% of the population, 1 in 500 people.

In Derby that would equate to around 5,000 deaths.

I don't know of 1 single person that has died from it so Im left scratching my head a bit.

I don't think figures are being made up but I do think every figure that could have been used by the media to make this thing look worse than it is, has been played on massively.

11 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Or may be it does correlate...take flu. More or less disappeared because of lockdown, self distancing and hygiene measures. So thats probably a few c20000 deaths spared. Deadly car and work accidentsare most likely down as we stayed at home.

19 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Maybe some people aren't looking for a conspiracy theory but just find the figures hard to comprehend because of personal experience.

I don't know of 1 single person that has died from it so Im left scratching my head a bit.

I don't think figures are being made up but I do think every figure that could have been used by the media to make this thing look worse than it is, has been played on massively.

All places weren't impacted the same. If you had been in certain care homes, you'd have known lots of people who had died.

And according to a google search, the population of Derby is 260k, of which 0.2% is 520, not 5000.

I hope this is only a recent mathematical error and it hasn't been driving your opinion on here for months.

27 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

You're lucky. I sadly know three.

I think your figures for Derby are wrong,  btw.

23 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

All places weren't impacted the same. If you had been in certain care homes, you'd have known lots of people who had died.

And according to a google search, the population of Derby is 260k, of which 0.2% is 520, not 5000.

I hope this is only a recent mathematical error and it hasn't been driving your opinion on here for months.

Yes mathematical error, only just did calculation after reading Mostyns post.

Not sure what opinion you mean, not really posted much on here in recent months.

22 minutes ago, angieram said:

You're lucky. I sadly know three.

I think your figures for Derby are wrong,  btw.

Yes my figures were wrong!

I guess I dont know too many people of the ages most affected as my grandparents are long dead, although my parents both fit into that category.

I only even know 1 person that was hospitalised.

I just seem completely distanced from the whole thing.

I still don't know anyone thats had covid let alone died from it.  

My lads school was shut a couple of times due to outbreaks and some of his friends track and trace apps went off so they had to isolate (nice excuse to miss school lol ?) but do I personally know of anyone that has actually been tested to have covid or been ill in any way, shape or form? No.

I'm not saying the pandemic hasn't happened and I'm not saying that a lot of people haven't died - but rightly or wrongly I am still firmly of the opinion that 99% of the population could have carried on working/living etc and a more targetted approach could have been used. 

99% of the pandemic has imo has been fear induced by the media - my Mum and Dad still haven't been out despite being double vaccinated. 

Interestingly and despite still being in the tail end of the pandemic in April the ONS recorded the lowest number of monthly deaths on record (records began in 2001);

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/05/20/death-rate-england-lowest-since-records-began/

Edited by maxjam

56 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

don't get what you are saying here.  So the figs are not made up but are not as bad as the press are making out?

I have had 2 close people who have died.

Like all historical matters some have a need to deny it existed or wish to bend the truth to somehow tell a conspiracy story.  It is a virus, it has killed many people (mostly those that were at risk and were taken from us earlier than would have been normal) and it continues to burn in other areas of the world.

2 minutes ago, maxjam said:

I still don't know anyone thats had covid let alone died from it.  

My lads school was shut a couple of times due to outbreaks and some of his friends track and trace apps went off so they had to isolate (nice excuse to miss school lol ?) but do I know of anyone thats actually been tested to have covid or been ill in any way, shape or form? No.

Not saying the pandemic hasn't happened, not saying that a lot of people haven't died - but rightly or wrongly I am still firmly of the opinion that 99% of the population could have carried on working/living etc and a more targetted approach could have been used. 

99% of the pandemic imo has been fear induced by the media - my Mum and Dad still haven't been out despite being double vaccinated. 

Interestingly and despite still being in the tail end of the pandemic in April the ONS recorded the lowest number of monthly deaths on record (records started in 2001);

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/05/20/death-rate-england-lowest-since-records-began/

Max, it was the press do, sell copy by printing stories that feed the need of the public to read something shocking.  COVID is not a new approach by any means.

Given the virus has taken the more at risk from us I imagine we will see a drop in death figs maybe over a period up to 5 years or so (just guessing).  Not sure what you can draw from that.

6 minutes ago, Spanish said:

don't get what you are saying here.  So the figs are not made up but are not as bad as the press are making out?

I have had 2 close people who have died.

Like all historical matters some have a need to deny it existed or wish to bend the truth to somehow tell a conspiracy story.  It is a virus, it has killed many people (mostly those that were at risk and were taken from us earlier than would have been normal) and it continues to burn in other areas of the world.

I've said I believe the existence of the virus.

I dont believe the figures from anywhere are correct, just estimates, there are just way too many incosistences in the figures released across the board for any reliance to be placed on any of them. 

And yes I think the media have plucked figures to continue their scare stories, its happened throughout with them concentrating on the worst stat at any given point in time.

Currently its total number of deaths in India. 300,000 sounds a big number when you keep repeating it but totally disregard that it is in a population of 1.2billion.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

I've said I believe the existence of the virus.

I dont believe the figures from anywhere are correct, just estimates, there are just way too many incosistences in the figures released across the board for any reliance to be placed on any of them. 

And yes I think the media have plucked figures to continue their scare stories, its happened throughout with them concentrating on the worst stat at any given point in time.

Currently its total number of deaths in India. 300,000 sounds a big number when you keep repeating it but totally disregard that it is in a population of 1.2billion.

the press do this with every scare story, the public lap it up and buy copy.  If you expect the press not to feed a frenzy........

2 minutes ago, Spanish said:

the press do this with every scare story, the public lap it up and buy copy.  If you expect the press not to feed a frenzy........

I buy a newspaper once in a blue moon.

I read the BBC website every day.

Its hard to avoid articles on social media.