The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

12 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Never had flu in my life, try to avoid medication at all costs, prefer to let a robust immune system fight off any infections, maybe a nation that relies on medication has paid a high price...

Yeah cos everyone is as healthy as you. Really that's your take on it? I'd hope that you'd be grateful - 'there but for the Grace of God go I'.

17 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'm not comfortable wearing a mask, is it too much to ask for people who are worried about catching Covid to stay 2 metres away from me?

My step dad falls into the vulnerable category but be says he does not want me to wear a mask in their house anymore, its called managing your own risk. 

I don't wear a mask when I'm at home with my mum and she's 90. But I then I lead a Godly and sober life. Well, Godly at least!! Hic!!

4 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yeah cos everyone is as healthy as you. Really that's your take on it? I'd hope that you'd be grateful - 'there but for the Grace of God go I'.

Well I assume that you've been wearing a mask all of your life then to protect people not as healthy as you?

5 hours ago, Miggins said:

Winter is always a tough time for the NHS because its the season for flu and all kinds of respiratory problems for the elderly and with the added problems of covid it will no doubt be much tougher than usual. But as long as people are careful, take care of vulnerable friends and relatives, wear masks where required and take extra care... or is that too much to ask?

I am not wearing one if I dont have too.

2 hours ago, Boycie said:

The flu has never gone away B4. That killed millions in 1919 like this has.  I bet your mum and dad get flu jabs every year like mine do.

You will get one this winter old chap. 

9 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Well I assume that you've been wearing a mask all of your life then to protect people not as healthy as you?

No.

No, and I always thought they looked odd when you saw Asian people wearing them. But I thought flares were odd and Oxford bags, so some of us live and learn.

15 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'm not comfortable wearing a mask, is it too much to ask for people who are worried about catching Covid to stay 2 metres away from me?

My step dad falls into the vulnerable category but be says he does not want me to wear a mask in their house anymore, its called managing your own risk. 

The problem we WILL have going forward is nothing much to do with people like gb news creating divides as some on here would have us believe as it suits their political views , it s a very simple set of instincts that most people with the slightest understanding of human psychology understand ,

massive fear has been instilled in the public no matter whether you think rightly or wrongly it’s been done ??‍♂️,

fear creates fight or flight response in humans and most species , so make no mistake removing mandatory masks but replacing that with the Grave ??‍♂️guidance will produce real problems , it’s not culture war s it’s well understood basic psychology and yet the government are being advised by behavioural scientists????

divide and rule ???

Edited by Archied

Covid update this morning:

Boss of my place has Covid. Not feeling good but still working. Double jabbed and healthy so will hopefully be ok.

Guy in my team seems to have Covid symptoms, getting a test. Sounded pretty rough.

Most staff at the hospitality venue my brother just finished managing have it or have been told to isolate. My brother supposed to be going back there so it can remain open.

However, boss at his new place has just tested positive too after her daughter did. He had hour conversation outside with her last week over 2 metres apart. He's had negative lateral flow but just done PCR one. Waiting for the inevitable contact to isolate for 10 days.

If he does test positive, then his teacher wife will have to then isolate for 10 days too. If the she does, then I guess that means a school bubble is off as well.

Could be a tough summer of cancelled plans.

10 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Covid update this morning:

Boss of my place has Covid. Not feeling good but still working. Double jabbed and healthy so will hopefully be ok.

Guy in my team seems to have Covid symptoms, getting a test. Sounded pretty rough.

Most staff at the hospitality venue my brother just finished managing have it or have been told to isolate. My brother supposed to be going back there so it can remain open.

However, boss at his new place has just tested positive too after her daughter did. He had hour conversation outside with her last week over 2 metres apart. He's had negative lateral flow but just done PCR one. Waiting for the inevitable contact to isolate for 10 days.

If he does test positive, then his teacher wife will have to then isolate for 10 days too. If the she does, then I guess that means a school bubble is off as well.

Could be a tough summer of cancelled plans.

Fingers crossed it comes out negative tell them to try and drink plenty and ice in the drink to help bring down tempure but also paracetamol and ibuprofen as well to help battle it and if they feel upto it try eat a little something when we had I barely ate anything at all.

But try have a film fest if they have to spend 10 days at home.

Had the opportunity to grab a second vaccine dose a few weeks early.. I know a few people doing the same. 

Feels like the best thing to do right now with cases still rising. 

Will be interesting to see what the impact was on the semi and final to cases... Data seemed to show that case growth was slowing. 

Its really interesting looking at what Australia are doing right now.. Due to terrible vaccine supply and banning of AZ vaccine for under 60s they've barely got anyone protected. NSW looking like they're going to go in to full lockdown again..

No end in site for them if they carry on down this road.

To manage the first half of the pandemic so well and to be failing hard on the second half...

Let's be honest, the latest 'relaxation' is all just going to create more divisions and fraught interactions between the masked and the mask-less and put more people at risk - Government are essentially saying they're fine with paying for the economy getting going with 200 deaths per day. Don't think I'd be happy dying for the economy to be honest.

All done by design by a shambles of a Government to deflect attention away from their own failings by setting the public against one another.

Judging by this thread it will work as well. 

Edited by JoetheRam