The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

45 minutes ago, Miggins said:

The government tells us to be sensible, considerate and responsible in the wearing of masks. There was the 'fan' with the flare up his nether regions, the reckless who invaded the stadium, those who injured 19 police, and the scum who posted vile messages to our brave boys not including those who booed the oppositions national anthem. I really believe that the vast majority of people are good but I wonder just how many people there are out there who lack kindness, responsibility, sense, consideration and compassion and will put the well being of others at risk because they just don't care.

Perhaps without realising you have put anybody not wearing a mask in the catagory of real scumbags ??‍♂️, wrong and the very essence of the problems ahead

26 minutes ago, Archied said:

Perhaps without realising you have put anybody not wearing a mask in the catagory of real scumbags ??‍♂️, wrong and the very essence of the problems ahead

Good point, Archied. I don't know whether they were wearing masks or not and maybe I wrongly associated the issues of not wearing a mask with the anti social behaviour we saw. They may well all have been wearing masks! But they were still little buggers. ?

8 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Pity it's tennis elbow that I've got. True story, btw. It's doing my head in & can't get an appointment for about a month - presumably because all the doctors are too confused.

My sympathies with that. I've had it too and it was painful! ?. My partner has a blocked tear duct that has been sore and weeping for the last 3 months and has been told it could be up to a year before he gets a hospital appointment to unblock it. In fairness, it's bad some days and not quite so bad on others. At the moment we get by with Optrex! Such a simple and quick procedure and yet we have to wait so long. We understand why but it is still frustrating.

8 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Pity it's tennis elbow that I've got. True story, btw. It's doing my head in & can't get an appointment for about a month - presumably because all the doctors are too confused.

Suffered tennis elbow decades ago. The options given by the doc are limited, was not doing steroids! So I had a couple of sessions of ultra-sound to 'break up scar tissue' (I think they said), but mostly just followed the exercises I was given. There's lots on the internet if you google 'tennis elbow exercises'. 

24 minutes ago, ketteringram said:

Does that mean the other members of the household get tested?

Only if you develop symptoms, I think. We have both been double jabbed, and Jr has had one. One of his mates has also tested positive, and he'd had two.

21 minutes ago, Miggins said:

My sympathies with that. I've had it too and it was painful! ?. My partner has a blocked tear duct that has been sore and weeping for the last 3 months and has been told it could be up to a year before he gets a hospital appointment to unblock it. In fairness, it's bad some days and not quite so bad on others. At the moment we get by with Optrex! Such a simple and quick procedure and yet we have to wait so long. We understand why but it is still frustrating.

I’ve been waiting since last April (first lockdown) for a large & dodgy mole to be removed. 

What the doctor doesn’t know, however, is that a couple of weeks after he told me it'd have to come off, I caught my ring on it in the shower and pulled it off. Nothing left. Loads of blood but it’s never come back?

21 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

I’ve been waiting since last April (first lockdown) for a large & dodgy mole to be removed. 

What the doctor doesn’t know, however, is that a couple of weeks after he told me it'd have to come off, I caught my ring on it in the shower and pulled it off. Nothing left. Loads of blood but it’s never come back?

Wolfie! You beast! This made me wince, big time.  Glad to hear you have not been troubled since by the dodgy mole! Still trying to get the image you describe out of my head. If I wake up screaming tonight it will be all your fault.

1 hour ago, Miggins said:

Good point, Archied. I don't know whether they were wearing masks or not and maybe I wrongly associated the issues of not wearing a mask with the anti social behaviour we saw. They may well all have been wearing masks! But they were still little buggers. ?

Proper scumbags in my book ,, there will be lots of very decent people who won’t be wearing masks after the 19th in most ordinary circumstances for lots of different reasons , I certainly won’t be wearing one going into a shop and lots of other mundane situations but will keep my distance from anyone wearing one , if I have a cough or cold at any point I will wear one to make others feel more comfortable though I do not believe for one second that a piece of paper or cloth over our faces has the slightest effect on a virus ( a bit like our gov and scientists said at the start??‍♂️) in the same way I have had both jabs but would not have had them from personal choice as I also believe the whole point and effectiveness of vaccinations has been twisted for this virus , vaccines have always been to stop people getting ill from catching a disease , the guff that’s being spouted and regularly changed regards getting this vaccine into ALL ( including children) makes no sense but I’ve done my bit though not a chance in hell am I getting boosters now we’ve seen the goalposts moved since vaccinating the vulnerable 

14 minutes ago, jimmyp said:

MPs have just voted in favour for mandatory vaccinations for all care home workers. 

He also went on to tweet;

Based on preliminary intentions I am aware of in @DHSCgovuk, this will also mandate vaccination for those eg carrying out deliveries/servicing the boilers at such care homes…

Now, I’m sympathetic to ensuring frontline care workers protect their vulnerable patients, but dramatically widening the scope of this to cover more than frontline care staff is troubling. I’m pro-vaccine, but where does this end? Especially when these Regulations, raising hugely important questions, are trying to be snuck through the Commons with only 90 minutes debate.

Ministers should rapidly start assuaging reasonable concerns about whether this is a back door to domestic vaccine passports.

Very worrying on 2 counts...

Firstly, you either get vaccinated (with a vaccine that may or may not have long term negative effects) or you slowly become a second class citizen with potentially limited job opportunites, access to public transport/supermarkets (see the law Macron just passed).

Secondly, they risk further limiting the number of staff that want to work in an already understaffed sector. 

And thats without mentioning any tin foil hat Bill Gates is tracking me conspiracy theories ? 

1 hour ago, maxjam said:

Based on preliminary intentions I am aware of in @DHSCgovuk, this will also mandate vaccination for those eg carrying out deliveries/servicing the boilers at such care homes…

Now, I’m sympathetic to ensuring frontline care workers protect their vulnerable patients, but dramatically widening the scope of this to cover more than frontline care staff is troubling. I’m pro-vaccine, but where does this end? Especially when these Regulations, raising hugely important questions, are trying to be snuck through the Commons with only 90 minutes debate.

Ministers should rapidly start assuaging reasonable concerns about whether this is a back door to domestic vaccine passports.

Firstly, you either get vaccinated (with a vaccine that may or may not have long term negative effects) or you slowly become a second class citizen with potentially limited job opportunites, access to public transport/supermarkets (see the law Macron just passed).

Secondly, they risk further limiting the number of staff that want to work in an already understaffed sector. 

And thats without mentioning any tin foil hat Bill Gates is tracking me conspiracy theories ? 

That is quite a list of negatives. Are there any positives to balance it out? 

11 hours ago, maxjam said:

If the vaccine had more than emergency use authorisation would you agree with it being a necessary condition of employment?

1 hour ago, alexxxxx said:

If the vaccine had more than emergency use authorisation would you agree with it being a necessary condition of employment?

If you ignore the obvious creep that is happening and just limit mandatory vaccines to frontline healthcare staff, as an absolute minimum the vaccine would have to have been shown to be safe in both the short and long term.  

52 minutes ago, jimmyp said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11694/12355542/neil-etheridge-birmingham-goalkeeper-being-treated-in-hospital-for-covid-19

“Birmingham City goalkeeper Neil Etheridge is being treated in hospital for coronavirus, the Championship club have confirmed.

The 31-year-old”

Just out of interest do you have any figures on the number of people tested positive for COVID are not being treated in hospital age?

7 minutes ago, Archied said:

Just out of interest do you have any figures on the number of people tested positive for COVID are not being treated in hospital age?

No. Try google perhaps. 

Sad though isn’t it when 31 year old professional athletes are being hospitalised by Covid. I hope he gets better soon. 

1 hour ago, maxjam said:

If you ignore the obvious creep that is happening and just limit mandatory vaccines to frontline healthcare staff, as an absolute minimum the vaccine would have to have been shown to be safe in both the short and long term.  

Well it would appear that not being vaccinated comes with a risk. Quite a big one too. 

46 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Well it would appear that not being vaccinated comes with a risk. Quite a big one too. 

Thats simply not true though, especially for the vast numbers of healthcare workers whose average age is 44.

According to this data from March 2020 the healthcare sector had over 112000 job vacancies

https://www.skillsforcare.org.uk/adult-social-care-workforce-data/Workforce-intelligence/publications/national-information/The-state-of-the-adult-social-care-sector-and-workforce-in-England.aspx

which will inevitably increase putting lives at danger if healthcare workers still refuse to be vaccinated;

https://www.lshtm.ac.uk/newsevents/news/2021/covid-19-vaccine-refusal-higher-among-health-and-social-care-workers-who-feel

I picked this graph from May 2020 - long before we had any vaccines which shows the breakdown in covid related deaths by age - if you're under 50, like most healthcare staff, especially female staff, the risk to you is negligible.

https://www.ageuk.org.uk/discover/2020/06/coronavirus-risk-for-older-people-updated/

ons_data_200609.png