The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Personally think it is very irresponsible trying to push the vaccines on to the 12+ category.

We are definitely at a stage where we can get back to living a normal life. The vulnerable have been offered the vaccine and if they do not want it then that is them choosing how to use their personal responsibility. 

Those unable to have it are unlikely  to ever be able to have it and need to find a way to adapt that makes them feel comfortable.

As much as I agree with what you say, anyone claiming to be 100% on Covid facts is not telling the truth at this point.

It’s a 100% fact that vaccines do not contain microchips or have any effect on 5G. 

Many of the teenagers want the vaccine, we aren’t pushing it on them, give them the choice.

Any suggestions on how those unable to receive the vaccine are able to adapt to become comfortable? 

40 minutes ago, jimmyp said:

Because we disagree on many things doesn’t mean there is no balance. 

The problem with covid is that the disruption it causes even when, as you put it, a minuscule amount of people are hospitalised, dying or very ill. That minuscule amount of people actually adds up to a very large and sometimes incomprehensible number of people. Not to mention the effect it has on those around them.

We really need to deal with covid as I don’t believe we are yet at the stage that we can learn to live with it. 

I really don’t have anything massively positive to say about Covid. It’s bad, very very bad. 

I agree that using spin or not being honest can cause lots of damage. Some of the false information on vaccines for example has held us back enormously. 

You mean like once we vaccinate the old and vulnerable we will be able to return to normal?, that kind of false information/ spin / carrot/ stick ? 

Just now, Archied said:

You mean like once we vaccinate the old and vulnerable we will be able to return to normal?, that kind of false information/ spin / carrot/ stick ? 

Yeah that kind of spin, turned out to be a load of baalocks. 

1 minute ago, jimmyp said:

It’s a 100% fact that vaccines do not contain microchips or have any effect on 5G. 

Many of the teenagers want the vaccine, we aren’t pushing it on them, give them the choice.

Any suggestions on how those unable to receive the vaccine are able to adapt to become comfortable? 

Surely those who can’t have the vaccine who have been offered it are an absolute tiny number? What are we supposed to do, carry on like this just in case? 
Those who have said they don’t want it, fair enough that’s their choice and their risk. 

For 12+ I agree if they want it and we can offer it then we should. However since when have the <20 age group (I’m being generous with that as it’s was always the old Vulnerable) even been at risk due to Covid, data shows they clearly are not.

When do we stop and live with it? When 100% of the UK population is vaccinated ? When the whole world is vaccinated? When there is zero Covid cases in the universe? 
July 19th, time to open up and move on. Those who want to carry on with restrictions fair play to you and crack on. Those who don’t, same applies 

Just now, TexasRam said:

Surely those who can’t have the vaccine who have been offered it are an absolute tiny number? What are we supposed to do, carry on like this just in case? 
Those who have said they don’t want it, fair enough that’s their choice and their risk. 

For 12+ I agree if they want it and we can offer it then we should. However since when have the <20 age group (I’m being generous with that as it’s was always the old Vulnerable) even been at risk due to Covid, data shows they clearly are not.

When do we stop and live with it? When 100% of the UK population is vaccinated ? When the whole world is vaccinated? When there is zero Covid cases in the universe? 
July 19th, time to open up and move on. Those who want to carry on with restrictions fair play to you and crack on. Those who don’t, same applies 

Guess it depends on what your idea of living with COVID means. It’s not going to be normal for quite a while. 

I agree with unlocking on the 19th July, I don’t agree with the complete removal of restrictions. 

We are never going to vaccinate 100% of the population. The amount we need to vaccinate for the best outcome gets very mathematical. Check out JamesWard73 on Twitter for the maths side of it. 

Just getting on with life will most likely prolong the pain, best to deal with it.

2 minutes ago, jimmyp said:

Yeah that kind of spin, turned out to be a load of baalocks. 

Yep there’s lots and lots of lies / garbage / spin comming from both sides of the view on covid and vaccines , which is ultimately more damaging ? Personally I find the obvious garbage/ contradiction s comming from government and scientists they employ at times makes me question this whole situation whilst the stuff you say that is damaging to the cause like micro chips ,5g and the like just doesn’t register at all and my guess is that’s the same for the majority of people ??‍♂️,

9 minutes ago, jimmyp said:

It’s not going to be normal for quite a while. 

I disagree slightly with this, what’s the point of us being jabbed with a un-trialled vaccine if we can’t get back to normal ASAP? 

1 minute ago, Archied said:

Yep there’s lots and lots of lies / garbage / spin comming from both sides of the view on covid and vaccines , which is ultimately more damaging ? Personally I find the obvious garbage/ contradiction s comming from government and scientists they employ at times makes me question this whole situation whilst the stuff you say that is damaging to the cause like micro chips ,5g and the like just doesn’t register at all and my guess is that’s the same for the majority of people ??‍♂️,

Yep the government haven’t handled it very well in lots of areas, scientists will get stuff wrong and your average joe will pay the price. 

Unfortunately the false claims made about vaccines does register with millions of people. The claims wouldn’t be made if people weren’t listening and acting upon them. It’s all very sad. It’s rather disheartening the amount grifters that benefit from others  vulnerabilities. 

The solution however is not to just get on with life and ignore COVID. That would be a mistake.

1 minute ago, jimmyp said:

The solution however is not to just get on with life and ignore COVID. That would be a mistake

Why would it? they’ve done it in several states in the US for some one now with no adverse effects. 

2 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

I disagree slightly with this, what’s the point of us being jabbed with a un-trialled vaccine if we can’t get back to normal ASAP? 

Because the vaccine is great at reducing the dangers of COVID, it isn’t a 100% cure. Unfortunately we need a mixture of vaccines and prior infections to get through this, we aren’t yet at the correct mixture, hence rising cases and hospitalisation. 

Maybe compare it to a computer game with 10 levels, perhaps we are at level 7 or 8. 

33 minutes ago, jimmyp said:

Was you involved in the manufacture of the vaccine? If not, dont know how you can state anything 100%. I agree with you but its only my belief not something that I can state as a 100% fact.

I'm sure there are some teenagers that want it and they are free to make their own choice I guess but we certainly should not be pushing it at that age group in my opinion.

The vulnerable group can continue to wear masks and continue to socially distance as they have done for the previous 16 months. 

5 minutes ago, jimmyp said:

Because the vaccine is great at reducing the dangers of COVID, it isn’t a 100% cure. Unfortunately we need a mixture of vaccines and prior infections to get through this, we aren’t yet at the correct mixture, hence rising cases and hospitalisation. 

Maybe compare it to a computer game with 10 levels, perhaps we are at level 7 or 8. 

Does this computer game advertise that it only has 7 levels to complete the game, only for levels 8,9 and 10 to be sprung on you after completing level 7?

32 minutes ago, jimmyp said:

Agreed, but do they 100% have no long term complications?

33 minutes ago, jimmyp said:

I posted a recent link a few pages back showing that only 25 (iirc) under 18s had died from covid and every single one had multiple, serious underlying conditions. 

I would strongly argue that 21 and under should not receive the vaccine unless they are in a vulnerable group.  For many it will be approx 10 years before they even reach 21 by which time we will have enough long term data to understand any long term effects of the vaccine should any arise. 

You can't unvaccinate someone and on the slight chance that something serious does develop you've committed everyone to the same fate whilst protected them against something they were never in danger of. 

38 minutes ago, jimmyp said:

I would guess they have more problems than just covid to contend with.  Given that well in excess of 90% of over 75s have had the jab the number than actually can't have it for some medical reason must be tiny.  It sounds a bit harsh but we can't stop 60+ million people going about their daily lives for a tiny, tiny minority ? 

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Does this computer game advertise that it only has 7 levels to complete the game, only for levels 8,9 and 10 to be sprung on you after completing level 7?

Pretty sure that was the government claiming to understand something they really didn’t have an understanding of at the time. It was always a 10 level game even if it was advertised otherwise.

8 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Agreed, but do they 100% have no long term complications?

I posted a recent link a few pages back showing that only 25 (iirc) under 18s had died from covid and every single one had multiple, serious underlying conditions. 

I would strongly argue that 21 and under should not receive the vaccine unless they are in a vulnerable group.  For many it will be approx 10 years before they even reach 21 by which time we will have enough long term data to understand any long term effects of the vaccine should any arise. 

You can't unvaccinate someone and on the slight chance that something serious does develop you've committed everyone to the same fate whilst protected them against something they were never in danger of. 

I would guess they have more problems than just covid to contend with.  Given that well in excess of 90% of over 75s have had the jab the number than actually can't have it for some medical reason must be tiny.  It sounds a bit harsh but we can't stop 60+ million people going about their daily lives for a tiny, tiny minority ? 

I have faith in the medical regulators. 

Not trying to change your mind on the subject maxjam.

If others have a different opinion to you and they want the vaccine and the regulator has passed the vaccine as safe then offer them the vaccine. It is their choice. 

Im not trying to stop millions of people going about their lives, I want everyone to have their daily lives back. COVID isn’t currently conforming though.

19 minutes ago, jimmyp said:

Yep the government haven’t handled it very well in lots of areas, scientists will get stuff wrong and your average joe will pay the price. 

Unfortunately the false claims made about vaccines does register with millions of people. The claims wouldn’t be made if people weren’t listening and acting upon them. It’s all very sad. It’s rather disheartening the amount grifters that benefit from others  vulnerabilities. 

The solution however is not to just get on with life and ignore COVID. That would be a mistake.

Again I say there’s far far more higher level grifter s making far far more from the other side , it’s far too easy to say it’s the micro chip , 5g stuff that’s doing the damage , again anecdotal but I do not personally know anyone that is in the slightest influenced by the 5g / micro chip stuff ,

I do know some people who don’t want the jabs plus boosters that are coming down the line ( wife included ) and they tend to have various concerns and reasons 

now you can poo hoo those concerns all you like and claim vaccines are safe and there will be no long term issues further down the line all you want but the truth is you or anybody else can not garuantee there will definitely be no issues / problems long term ,

the vaccine companies have demanded and got indemnity for these vaccines ,, that alone tells you they can’t and won’t back their assertions that they are vaccines that definitely won’t have any long term problems 

people are right to demand the freedom to choose

5 minutes ago, jimmyp said:

I have faith in the medical regulators. 

If others have a different opinion to you and they want the vaccine and the regulator has passed the vaccine as safe then offer them the vaccine. It is their choice. 

I hope you are right, otherwise we are putting a generation at risk that need not be.

For what its worth, whilst 'experts' have said the vaccines are safe, we simply don't know what, if any, long term effects might crop up;

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/01410768211013437

10 minutes ago, jimmyp said:

Not trying to change your mind on the subject maxjam.

Likewise, everyone has pretty much chosen their argument by now.

11 minutes ago, jimmyp said:

Im not trying to stop millions of people going about their lives, I want everyone to have their daily lives back. COVID isn’t currently conforming though.

There needs to be a point (July 19th) when we open up.  Pretty much everyone that wants a jab will have had at least one by then (and will be double jabbed by the end of summer). If we can't open up then, when?

30 minutes ago, jimmyp said:

Pretty sure that was the government claiming to understand something they really didn’t have an understanding of at the time. It was always a 10 level game even if it was advertised otherwise.

Not really that much to understand was there?

Once the top 10 levels of people, set out by the JVCI had been vaccinated then we could start to get back to normal.

1 minute ago, maxjam said:

I hope you are right, otherwise we are putting a generation at risk that need not be.

For what its worth, whilst 'experts' have said the vaccines are safe, we simply don't know what, if any, long term effects might crop up;

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/01410768211013437

Likewise, everyone has pretty much chosen their argument by now.

There needs to be a point (July 19th) when we open up.  Pretty much everyone that wants a jab will have had at least one by then (and will be double jabbed by the end of summer). If we can't open up then, when?

I’m pro opening up on the 19th. 
Think relaxing everything all in one go though is a mistake. 
I wouldn’t want to be making the decisions right now, brown pants time for Boris.