Kaide Gordon

Ghost of Clough

Does Jurgen remember signing Kaide from the Rams academy??

"All credit to our academy that they produce these boys but we had no other line-up available to us," said Klopp. "We had five young players out there. They all did well.

"We knew we could play better football and we did in the second half.

"It was a brilliant goal from Gordon - he was really calm and composed

38 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

You know we do it too? 

Don’t think I’ve heard Rooney claiming the academy have done a great job on bringing through talents that have been here less than a year.

Plange is the closest example to us signing from another academy recently and them breaking through. We didn’t pay for him though, he left Arsenal and then signed for us.

4 hours ago, roboto said:

Don’t think I’ve heard Rooney claiming the academy have done a great job on bringing through talents that have been here less than a year.

Plange is the closest example to us signing from another academy recently and them breaking through. We didn’t pay for him though, he left Arsenal and then signed for us.

They let him go so he was free to sign for us. Bit different to Kaide's situation, which is more like us signing Bogle. 

I have no problem with the young man making the most of his opportunity but I wish Liverpool would at least acknowledge our role. 

Just hope we have lots of add-ons in there.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

They let him go so he was free to sign for us. Bit different to Kaide's situation, which is more like us signing Bogle. 

I have no problem with the young man making the most of his opportunity but I wish Liverpool would at least acknowledge our role. 

Just hope we have lots of add-ons in there.

I have heard it could be up to £3m. Well he could be worth 10 times that very soon.  

On 11/01/2022 at 19:29, PistoldPete said:

I have heard it could be up to £3m. Well he could be worth 10 times that very soon.  

That's the part that really bugs me - the EPPP system should properly reward Academies (at any level, but particularly clubs below PL who invest what is usually their owners money into developing and educating young players for the benefit of society, not just themselves) for what those players ultimately become, not just the cost to the Academy up to the point that a bigger fish signs them before they're 17.

It rankles with me that EVERY club in the EFL benefits equally from increased "solidarity (sic)" payments when it's not every club that invests £5-6M a season in running an Academy.

5 hours ago, Crewton said:

That's the part that really bugs me - the EPPP system should properly reward Academies (at any level, but particularly clubs below PL who invest what is usually their owners money into developing and educating young players for the benefit of society, not just themselves) for what those players ultimately become, not just the cost to the Academy up to the point that a bigger fish signs them before they're 17.

It rankles with me that EVERY club in the EFL benefits equally from increased "solidarity (sic)" payments when it's not every club that invests £5-6M a season in running an Academy.

If there is a sell on fee, it will only be when he moves from Liverpool. Over here in Spain clubs get money from any move the player makes in the future. FC Alzira, the home town club of Raul Albentosa, received a payment when he joined us for his formative years at the club. I believe that we were his third or fourth club after leaving Alzira.

• 3 months later...