Kaide Gordon

Ghost of Clough

5 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Is it possible that Liverpool are doing us a favour here? Could there be a payment due when he plays for the first team?

Yes, £100,000. 

Half of what they pay Mo Salah a week and slightly more than Stokies made for us when 3,000 turned up last Saturday.

It's bloody robbery by these Prem clubs. 

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Yes, £100,000. 

Half of what they pay Mo Salah a week and slightly more than Stokies made for us when 3,000 turned up last Saturday.

It's bloody robbery by these Prem clubs. 

Couldn't agree more.  Rudiger is currently delaying on signing a new contract, asking for circa £200,000 a week (over £10m a year).  Christensen has just agreed a new £120,000 a week contract, jumping from £78,000.  It's honestly obscene.  Yeah they're good footballers but really? It's no wonder the game's broken. 

3 hours ago, BucksRam said:

Couldn't agree more.  Rudiger is currently delaying on signing a new contract, asking for circa £200,000 a week (over £10m a year).  Christensen has just agreed a new £120,000 a week contract, jumping from £78,000.  It's honestly obscene.  Yeah they're good footballers but really? It's no wonder the game's broken. 

And the PFA blocked attempts to have a wage cap imposed on the Championship while that fat slug Taylor enjoys a champagne lifestyle in retirement.........

16 minutes ago, angieram said:

I don't blame the young players, they are just looking out for their careers. It's the system that's wrong.

I have so much respect for what the Bellingham’s did for Birmingham, apparently all through the process of the move they made sure to do what was best for Birmingham too.

Imagine if any of ours had done that for us, we wouldn’t be in this mess.

It’s sickening it really is.

23 minutes ago, RandomAccessMemory said:

I have so much respect for what the Bellingham’s did for Birmingham, apparently all through the process of the move they made sure to do what was best for Birmingham too.

I guess we can see now why Birmingham 'retired' his shirt.

On 22/09/2021 at 09:46, RandomAccessMemory said:

Not only is it a weird angle to take to insinuate they had some resposnibility for the mess we found ourselves in, I honestly don't think it would have mattered and we'd have ended up in this mess anyway pretty much.

What's more in line with actions of how the club has been run:

1. Take the profit made of selling the likes of Gordon for a big fee and use it to ease off the debt and make sure we are financially healthy.
  2. Take those funds and just pour them into a big transfer fee for just that one player on big wages who will "get us over the line". Which inevitably doesn't quite work out.

We are in this mess entirely down to poor decision making over a long period of time and MM deciding he wasn't going to put any more money in to support us.

54 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Not only is it a weird angle to take to insinuate they had some resposnibility for the mess we found ourselves in, I honestly don't think it would have mattered and we'd have ended up in this mess anyway pretty much.

What's more in line with actions of how the club has been run:

1. Take the profit made of selling the likes of Gordon for a big fee and use it to ease off the debt and make sure we are financially healthy.
  2. Take those funds and just pour them into a big transfer fee for just that one player on big wages who will "get us over the line". Which inevitably doesn't quite work out.

We are in this mess entirely down to poor decision making over a long period of time and MM deciding he wasn't going to put any more money in to support us.

Er.. the club has bene run out of funding an academy out of Mel Morris pocket. Don't blame Gordon or Delap for taking the silver dollar.. but it does seem ironic that people are blaming us  for financial mismanagement when our best players have been poached for next to nothing. 

15 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Er.. the club has bene run out of funding an academy out of Mel Morris pocket. Don't blame Gordon or Delap for taking the silver dollar.. but it does seem ironic that people are blaming us  for financial mismanagement when our best players have been poached for next to nothing. 

The funding and the building up of the academy is one of the few positives we have coming out of MM's tenure but event that is at risk currently because of adminstration. It's also besides the point.

My point is that extra one time theoretical cash injection from selling the likes of Gordon or Delap would highly likely not have prevented the current situation because we'd have spent it on another promotion gamble. Yes there have been events that are out of our control that have made things more difficult for us but if you ride a motorbike without a helmet.......

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, angieram said:

Hope there's another payment clause in place for this. 

Read this week that we got 1.1M and would raise to 3.4M (I think) depending on number of clauses to be met. It would be nice if Liverpool, could follow Arsenal in trying to help us and bring some of those clauses/money due a bit earlier. We need it, they don't

1 hour ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Read this week that we got 1.1M and would raise to 3.4M (I think) depending on number of clauses to be met. It would be nice if Liverpool, could follow Arsenal in trying to help us and bring some of those clauses/money due a bit earlier. We need it, they don't

Yeah, if they need money they could always sell Gordon for more than they paid for him.

• 2 months later...