Kaide Gordon

Ghost of Clough

Unfortunately I don't think the likes of Gordon and Delap jumped ship because of our circumstances so much as they received offers they couldn't / wouldn't refuse. Our finances are pretty much irrelevant. We need these lads are on pro contracts but that's not straighfoward either. Had one or two shown the same loyalty as Bellingham and his parents then we'd not be in the squeeze we are now, but that said, it's hard to blame them leaving Derby for the likes of Man City and Liverpool. Most would and do ?

So we have raised 500k with the cancellation of the sell on fee. Surely we could have raised this through a concerted fundraising effort from Marketing Derby involving some of our celebrity fans. It seems so short sighted by Quantuma to agree this deal with Liverpool and give up what could potentially have been a far greater future windfall. I am really surprised we haven’t started crowdfunding and whilst I accept Quantuma would rather we bought march tickets surely crowdfunding and buying tickets are not mutually exclusive?

12 hours ago, Poynton ram said:

So we have raised 500k with the cancellation of the sell on fee. Surely we could have raised this through a concerted fundraising effort from Marketing Derby involving some of our celebrity fans. It seems so short sighted by Quantuma to agree this deal with Liverpool and give up what could potentially have been a far greater future windfall. I am really surprised we haven’t started crowdfunding and whilst I accept Quantuma would rather we bought march tickets surely crowdfunding and buying tickets are not mutually exclusive?

They are dead set against it, every time it is suggested. 

I get the impression they only do things a certain way, full of their own importance,  not interested in anything innovative.

• 1 year later...

I noticed that Kaide started for a young Liverpool team against Union St.Gilloise in their last Europa League group match in Belgium, which they lost 2-1. He was substituted after 75 minutes.

Goal.com report said of him :

Kaide Gordon (4/10):

Gave the ball away too much and struggled against a strong defence

At least he's playing again.

2 hours ago, Crewton said:

I noticed that Kaide started for a young Liverpool team against Union St.Gilloise in their last Europa League group match in Belgium, which they lost 2-1. He was substituted after 75 minutes.

Kaide Gordon (4/10):

Consensus up here is that he will get a transfer to a lower league club for more than they paid but won't ever be a first team regular at Liverpool. 

4 hours ago, Crewton said:

Kaide Gordon (4/10):

Less than 180 minutes of football at any level since Jan 2022 may have been a factor. It'll take take for him to catch back up to where he would have been without a series of injuries.

41 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Less than 180 minutes of football at any level since Jan 2022 may have been a factor. It'll take take for him to catch back up to where he would have been without a series of injuries.

My impression of that game solely from reading the reports was that it was a little reminiscent of our FA cup tie against Chorley - men v boys and the Belgians treated the result like they'd beaten the Liverpool first team.

As you say, how anyone can judge Gordon from his early games after such a long layoff is baffling.

• 2 months later...