Kaide Gordon

Ghost of Clough

33 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

We want him to do well don’t we ? - surely we would end up getting more money?

Yes. Just equalised for Liverpool. The better he does, the more chance we actually get a decent fee for him, though if we go out of business of course, Liverpool get to keep everything.

It's the EPPP system that's wrong - kids like Gordon are just looking after their own best interests. Much as we'd like all of them to sign a pro contract with us before getting their big move, we've benefited from it too, as with Bogle and Thomas.

6 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Yes. Just equalised for Liverpool. The better he does, the more chance we actually get a decent fee for him, though if we go out of business of course, Liverpool get to keep everything.

It's the EPPP system that's wrong - kids like Gordon are just looking after their own best interests. Much as we'd like all of them to sign a pro contract with us before getting their big move, we've benefited from it too, as with Bogle and Thomas.

You mean like Bellingham?

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

You mean like Bellingham?

No, like 99% of us would do in our working lives. We fantasise about players having some special loyalty to the club that's nurtured them, but when you consider that Gordon's brother got dumped once the club decided he wasn't going to make it after all, you can't entirely blame him for choosing the easy route to a club like Liverpool rather than tie themselves to DCFC and hope that the club does the decent thing by them in the long run. Yes, I'd have a great deal of respect for him if he had signed a pro contract with us, but it wouldn't have protected him from getting slagged off every week on here and in the stadium if he was playing crap in 5 years time, would it?

6 minutes ago, Crewton said:

No, like 99% of us would do in our working lives.

You mean Bellingham didn't get a good deal, he was sold into penury? Get real Gordon was feted by Rooney for Derby. He could have signed for us and been sold on, like Bellingham.

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You mean Bellingham didn't get a good deal, he was sold into penury? Get real Gordon was feted by Rooney for Derby. He could have signed for us and been sold on, like Bellingham.

I'm perfectly real - Bellingham was a self-confessed Bluenose, in his position I'd do the same because I'm a die-hard Ram, but Gordon?

Look, his position has been discussed at length on here previously. I've got every sympathy with the view that he should've signed a contract, but none of us know what his personal view of DCFC is/was and family influence shouldn't be discounted.

The system is the problem, not the kids.

46 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I'm perfectly real - Bellingham was a self-confessed Bluenose, in his position I'd do the same because I'm a die-hard Ram, but Gordon?

Look, his position has been discussed at length on here previously. I've got every sympathy with the view that he should've signed a contract, but none of us know what his personal view of DCFC is/was and family influence shouldn't be discounted.

The system is the problem, not the kids.

No he's the problem .  He had the chance to stay and play and left .  End of story. 

8 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Make sure yours have no sense of moral compass with no appreciation of the support they may have had in life. 

Someone advised me a while ago to stick you on ignore. I'm finally going to take that advice.