Patrick Roberts - Gone to Troyes on loan

inter politics

35 minutes ago, Rampage said:

He has SIX winners medals. Most medalled player in DCFC history perhaps. Correct me please.

Off the top of my head - Dave Mackay, Archie Gemmill, John McGovern & John O'Hare

If you are too young to remember them, have a look on Wiki.

The 4 Players mentioned also had the distinction of winning some of their Honours with Derby County.

26 minutes ago, nogbad van 50 said:

Rooney with 12 but Ashley Cole 13

Not bad nogbad, nogbad at all. Well done. Cracked that one before but short of material so hey ho. Quite a haul of medals between them. We need a manager of the month award for Feb for Wayne if we are going to start zipping up this league. No easy game tonight. How many players have left us since final whistle of last season. Mass exodus.

2 hours ago, Srg said:

Boro fans rated him. Just couldn’t get a look in with dinosaur Warnock’s football. 

I read some after you posted. I'd say the majority rate him but Warnock kept implying his defensive work not good enough.  Some differences of opinion about whether he'd be better as a 10 or RW and was rated as their brightest player in last match.  Some saying their lump it long footie didn't suit him, no poo!

Yuk. Won't go on their forums again. Felt so wrong.

9 minutes ago, Andrew3000 said:

I read some after you posted. I'd say the majority rate him but Warnock kept implying his defensive work not good enough.  Some differences of opinion about whether he'd be better as a 10 or RW and was rated as their brightest player in last match.  Some saying their lump it long footie didn't suit him, no poo!

Your name will be on Gibson’s list .

19 minutes ago, Andrew3000 said:

Almost like you were describing our Tom for a moment. 

I've not seen much of Roberts since his stint at celtic 4 years ago. He was a bright young talent now seems his star has dimmed somewhat so maybe this is a chance to get him back on track. Not sure another winger is precisely what we need necessarily but if Ibe can't get out on the pitch then he could be a useful option. 

On 02/02/2021 at 16:28, mice_elf said:

Off the top of my head - Dave Mackay, Archie Gemmill, John McGovern & John O'Hare

If you are too young to remember them, have a look on Wiki.

The 4 Players mentioned also had the distinction of winning some of their Honours with Derby County.

Thought it may be a really old boy like John Goodall but appears not.

Did find this about him though

He died in Watford in May 1942 and was buried at Vicarage Road Cemetery in an unmarked grave until, in May 2018, Watford FC provided a headstone adorned with the club crest and text recording Goodall's many sporting achievements.

Seems he was manager there, but shame the Derby County crest isn't on there as well as he was there first big signing, spent 11 years here and Bloomer always believed learning from him made him the player he was.