Rams@Millers 3/2/21 - Matchday thread

Rev

6 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Did they get Wing from 'Boro?

Yep, signed in the evening too so wouldn't have been eligible yesterday.

I don't imagine the EFL will block us playing anyone, but knowing them they may well bring some sort of charge against us if we do.

I know there used to be a cup rule where players signed after the initial game couldn't play in any replay.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, SKRam said:

Deadline meant we could only field one new signing last night, is that correct? 24 hours later can we field them all now? Asking for a friend 

Yes that's correct.anyone that says that's harsh...rotherham can also field there new signing that other wise wouldnt play. personally dont think rooney will change it apart from the bench maybe..but those new players need to earn the place in the team first.

While it would be great to get a win tonight and make it 4 out 4, I think a draw wouldn't be the end of the world.  If we could  have hung on for a (undeserved point) when we played them at home, the table would be looking a little healthier.  Think it will be a bit of a battle tonight, but as we have shown as a team recently, we are up for it. UTR

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Nevada USA the epicentre was about 60 miles away just in California for both I think - an experience I do not recommend especially standing next to the window on the 35 floor of a building swaying from side to side ( even if they build them to do that) 

I once piked my head out of a twentieth floor window and Durban and the win really surprised me. It made me feel like I was dropping through the floors. Quite bizarre. When the earthquake went through Carlisle many thought that the nuclear power station at Windscale had gone bang. In middle of night is unhelpful. But as each digit on the Richter Scale is ten times stronger that is a bad thing.

Lucky snow in the sky today. We managed to lose at WBA with this ref and he sent off Sibley.

I'm sat in a different end for this one in my lucky Sunhouse Crazy On The Weekend T-Shirt.

I can feel all your love for the club amongst the chaos. C'mon Mr Evans I believe in you and the lads.

Keep spinning round the sun.

I'd be surprised if most people are commuting for more than an hour.

Hour each way is pretty much as much as I can cope with. Also depends on how reliable it is, is it an hour or does it frequently become hour and twenty?

I hate commuting, only good thing to come from the pandemic is commuting to the living room from bedroom.

19 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Well it's been absolutely persistently raining all day here - if that's similar to South Yorkshire then I don't see how their paddy field will be any less sodden for this evening ?

'Sbeen cracking up north all day, almost springlike! 

1 hour ago, Rample said:

Yep, signed in the evening too so wouldn't have been eligible yesterday.

I don't imagine the EFL will block us playing anyone, but knowing them they may well bring some sort of charge against us if we do.

I know there used to be a cup rule where players signed after the initial game couldn't play in any replay.

Everything needs to be checked with EFL, they probably have a rule for everything.

1 hour ago, sage said:

Because it was postponed less than an hour before kick off.

I can't see us changing the starting line up and certainly not to make it less physical with Bielik already missing.

When I speak with coaches, one of their biggest frustrations is their team selection being leaked to the opposition before the requisite hour. It does their head in, because they believe the element of surprise is a significant advantage. Which leads me to think it's worth shaking it up so Rotherham don't face what they're expecting. I don't see switching Waghorn and Sibley does anything to make our team less physical. 

2 hours ago, Rampage said:

My next door neighbour got 8 draws in a week of many draws. He was shaking, expecting megabucks but won only 800 quid. Not to be sniffed at because 15 year ago.

My uncle got very close to about 40 k once if memory serves.  Had an accumulator on 3 winning horses and put it on 8 draws at the footy- 7 came off .  Last game was Sunderland- Chelsea.  I watched it with him on the Sunday and all was going well till Phillips took a shot  and Duberry scored an OG with his arse sending the keeper the wrong way.  2-1. He took it fairly well all things considered.

Archived