Rams@Millers 3/2/21 - Matchday thread

Rev

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

In all my years of following Derby I don't recall them travelling to away games twice in 24 hours

The match was re-arranged upon an agreement by both clubs. Rooney has called it season-defining. If having to essentially commute an hour longer would cause such a disadvantage in which we'd lose, I'm sure we'd not have been so willing to play it tomorrow.

One of West Ham's players played an hour for their U23s the other day and then the next day played and scored in the cup. I'm sure our players are prepared enough to deal with an extra journey the following day.

40 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I'd refuse.  Totally unrealistic after tonight. Two lots of travelling in two days and another one Saturday. Definitely disadvantages us.   

Not being funny here, but I’m sure some players probably travel further to training (for both us and them) than from here to Rotherham. If it was a London game or something, maybe, but it takes like 45 mins to get to Rotherham ? 

37 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

In all my years of following Derby I don't recall them travelling to away games twice in 24 hours

Regianna in the Anglo Italian Cup ‘92? Pretty sure the first game was postponed due to fog and we had to book another hotel room for the next evening so we could see the game the next day.

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I'd refuse.  Totally unrealistic after tonight. Two lots of travelling in two days and another one Saturday. Definitely disadvantages us.   

all about momentum and motivation and Rooney seems to be the master. This will have been his call so very happy with it

Archived