Rams@Millers 3/2/21 - Matchday thread

Rev

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Grumpy Git said:

I've actually done it, don't ask!

It is this the correct poker terminology ... "I see your two-times, and raise you ..."

Just walk along a mountain ridge path on the border of two countries, and you'll be zipping back and forth between the two, all day.

7 hours ago, Kernow said:

The match was re-arranged upon an agreement by both clubs. Rooney has called it season-defining. If having to essentially commute an hour longer would cause such a disadvantage in which we'd lose, I'm sure we'd not have been so willing to play it tomorrow.

One of West Ham's players played an hour for their U23s the other day and then the next day played and scored in the cup. I'm sure our players are prepared enough to deal with an extra journey the following day.

This made me think about the European Working Time directive, where we were all speed to get a 13 hour break between consecutive workdays (or was it 11 hours?). I remember having to sign a voluntary waiver at work to say that I didn't mind not following the directive.

Maybe the directive had a clause to protect valuable and sensitive footballers, giving them a 16 hour break between workdays (or even 24 hours!).

I guess the European Working Time directive is no more? Maybe we can all work 24 hours per day going forwards?

37 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

This made me think about the European Working Time directive, where we were all speed to get a 13 hour break between consecutive workdays (or was it 11 hours?). I remember having to sign a voluntary waiver at work to say that I didn't mind not following the directive.

Maybe the directive had a clause to protect valuable and sensitive footballers, giving them a 16 hour break between workdays (or even 24 hours!).

I guess the European Working Time directive is no more? Maybe we can all work 24 hours per day going forwards?

It was 11 hours I believe. And the waiver you signed was to say that you were happy to work more than 48 hours in a week averaged out over 17 weeks not to say you waive your right for the 11 hour break.

28 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

It was 11 hours I believe. And the waiver you signed was to say that you were happy to work more than 48 hours in a week averaged out over 17 weeks not to say you waive your right for the 11 hour break.

Thanks for the memory jog! 

So, did I have the right to insist on an 11 hour break, and do I still have that right?

2 hours ago, Ken Tram said:

Not been revoked yet but once all this virus schizzle is over it will be replaced. 

16 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

A bit of boredom resulted in a quick browse of the Rotherham forum.

Their matchday thread started with a rant over our cashflow issues.
image.png.d91ddd10adbbf418440b39c7dd9b2aaf.png

One fan at 17:56 last night. Oops!
image.png.94deb2ab0b8c580a6aa8f936e9e0e7be.png

And another that seems a bit upset  ?
image.png.10f33441e5c802281ca15c46d35b0599.png

Interesting isn't it. By way of comparison I have no thoughts about Rotherham Utd whatsoever! 

11 hours ago, Rev said:

Where have you seen that?

Actually I thought I saw it on here. If any televised championship match on sky then others on red button but televised Bournemouth game is at 7.30pm so with our game at 7pm it will presumably not be on as a special case. So assume that I am wrong there. My apologies.

Archived