Rams@Millers 3/2/21 - Matchday thread

Rev

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Pools panel only sat when a certain number of games had been postponed, not just the odd game.

Having said that, what that minimum number of games was, I have absolutely no recollection!  

Genuine question... due to a lousy memory... was there a pools coupon for midweek games, or just Saturdays/Weekends?

Pools were only weekend when there was a full slate of 50+ games all happening more or less simultaneously. 

You're right that originally you only had the panel sitting when a certain number of games had been postponed... I think from recollection it was 15 or 20 so happened rarely. 

However I think this was changed in the 80s or 90s so that any postponement on the coupon was adjudicated rather than being given 2 points. 

56 minutes ago, SKRam said:

No no no

I’m working ?

6 minutes ago, SKRam said:

So the game is tomorrow. Can I reclaim my tenner as I’m working? ?‍♂️

Sorry.  I added a laughing reaction to the first post... not realising there was the potential for you to lose a tenner!

I have absolutely no idea how you'll fare with regards to a refund?  

Good luck!  ?

2 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Pools were only weekend when there was a full slate of 50+ games all happening more or less simultaneously. 

You're right that originally you only had the panel sitting when a certain number of games had been postponed... I think from recollection it was 15 or 20 so happened rarely. 

However I think this was changed in the 80s or 90s so that any postponement on the coupon was adjudicated rather than being given 2 points. 

By jove, I think you may be right!  That sounds awfully familiar, now you mention it!  ??

24 minutes ago, SKRam said:

So the game is tomorrow. Can I reclaim my tenner as I’m working? ?‍♂️

No problem with a refund (I've just checked).

However, due to the current financial situation at PP, DCFC have taken the "Ryanair" approach, therefore;

"refunds will only be given to persons over 85, so long as they are accompanied by both parents".

?

15 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I got a refund for the last Rotherham game. I think I just emailed website@dcfc.co.uk

‘Millers hopeful pitch will be fit’....... Not sure when they can confirm tomorrow it’s ok to play. I should hang fire! Derby hanging on to my tenner may earn some interest to help the cause maybe ??

1 minute ago, SKRam said:

‘Millers hopeful pitch will be fit’....... Not sure when they can confirm tomorrow it’s ok to play. I should hang fire! Derby hanging on to my tenner may earn some interest to help the cause maybe ??

I hope they make the decision earlier enough to avoid another wasted journey

8 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I'd refuse.  Totally unrealistic after tonight. Two lots of travelling in two days and another one Saturday. Definitely disadvantages us.   

It's an hour up the motorway. Less than most people's commute. I am sure they'll cope.

4 minutes ago, angieram said:

It's an hour up the motorway. Less than most people's commute. I am sure they'll cope.

A commute on a luxury, heated coach with padded chairs and multiple sources of entertainment? Poor buggers.

1 minute ago, angieram said:

Oh of course they'll cope, sure they could run a half marathon and still play the game, that's not the point, the opposition will be better prepped and in a league as tight as this every advantage makes a difference. I do the hour commute - an hour and a half some days. I guarantee I'm not as fresh as working from home.

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Oh of course they'll cope, sure they could run a half marathon and still play the game, that's not the point, the opposition will be better prepped and in a league as tight as this every advantage makes a difference. I do the hour commute - an hour and a half some days. I guarantee I'm not as fresh as working from home.

So like any away game then?

2 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Yeah  but we've got Wayne Rooney! 

Archived