George Evans - signed for Millwall

Heisenberg

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is another - like Duane - who I had no complaints about but who I won’t particularly be losing sleep over either. Some good games, some not so good games. If it helps us bolster the squad in other areas (or shore up our dubious financial state... if that is needed) then jobs a good’un. 

18 minutes ago, JarodyDCFC said:

His game against Bournemouth really changed my opinion on him, but if Rooney couldn’t guarantee him game time then fair enough. Hope he does well. Millwall slowly becoming the team of Derby rejects. 

I suspect that Wayne felt that he was happy with him but did not necessarily feel that he could be developed enough for the next level of his plans. We have sold teams of players. At present we have only Waghorn and Shinnie from Frank, Wisdom and Lawrence from Rowett was it. Forsyth from Clough. Those from Cocu and whoever Wayne brings in. Unbelievable turnover. Since the end of last season, how many players have left, including apparently four from U16s. On the bright side, how many of all of those could get in the present team besides Cocu players.

All the Best George, always did a job, when called on

Think due to our financial state, if a good offer comes in, then players will be sold, think in the summer, unless Mel has sold the club, could see some top young talent departing, Don't think Mel will be bank rolling us again, that ship has sailed. 

Evans often went missing for (very) long periods due to unspecified injuries. We're now (happily) playing a very high intensity game based on incredible workrate and I don't think he's physically cut out for this. Liked him as a centre half, felt he was very poor as a midfielder. Seemed a nice enough lad. Hope he does well in London town. 

Archived