Derby County on this day

derby8

On 05/04/2021 at 09:32, Eatonram said:

Easter Monday 1975. Away to Burnley. For those that were there I need say no more about the significance of the result. A second championship in four years was almost in the bag. 

As a 12 year old the Burnley fans were terrifying that day, to be fair they probably still would be now 46 years later. No scarves in Burnley town centre that day 

9 minutes ago, derby8 said:

17 April 2004, Derby 5 Preston 1, Manel 2, Tudgay 2, Junior.

Remember this game well as the score was so unexpected and it was a good first match to take my soon wife to be. Sadly she has had to experience many disappointments since (in a football sense I should add), but such is the life of a Derby fan.

Edited by Wistaston Ram

8 minutes ago, Wistaston Ram said:

Remember this game well as the score was so unexpected and it was a good first match to take my soon wife to be. Sadly she has had to experience many disappointments since (in a football sense I should add), but such is the life of a Derby fan.

Yes I went to that one with my dad. Seem to remember the score flattered us a bit, we were under pressure in the second half and Osman played really well...

7 hours ago, OUTSIDER said:

1992 at the bbg in diversion 2 

Different world to now as we hear of the top 6 greedy bas#@rds want to break away. 

Screenshot_20210420-044906.jpg

I remember that and being really disappointed with the score against 8 men. They had 9 when they scored.

They should have gone for getting one more sent off, wouldn't that have led to an abandonment and the match replayed?

7 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

I remember that and being really disappointed with the score against 8 men. They had 9 when they scored.

They should have gone for getting one more sent off, wouldn't that have led to an abandonment and the match replayed?

They actually dominated the game for about 10 mins with 9 men.

Gavin Peacock was outstanding for them. 
Geordie fans we’re livid with the ref but not sure what else he could do. 

Cheers

Gangway D from the terrace

1 hour ago, GangwayD said:

They actually dominated the game for about 10 mins with 9 men.

Gavin Peacock was outstanding for them. 
Geordie fans we’re livid with the ref but not sure what else he could do. 

Cheers

Gangway D from the terrace

That's right, they did.

It was another frustrating watch for a Derby fan.

Indeed, that word sums up life as a Derby fan: "frustrating".

26th April 1975.

46 years ago today, at the gullible age of 12, I attended my very first pro football game...

It was Derby County v Carlisle Utd, and was a drab 0-0 draw, albeit in glorious sunshine, and albeit being played... and watched... in surprisingly high spirits.

I was all ready for trundling home at the final whistle... then this happened... and being that aforementioned gullible pre-teen, I became instantly hooked on Derby County FC... 

eBbRs46dh3aCW_2Ypd1JmbR21qS18BNPtbVbUVj9

?

EDIT:

Just realised...

Technically, I'll be in that photo, as we were sat in the Normanton wing of The Ley Stand!  Never realised that before, despite seeing the pic numerous times over the years!  How cool is that!   ??

Edited by Mucker1884

27th April 1946.  Wembley Stadium.  That London.

75 years ago today...

With just 5 minutes to go, Bert Turner scored an OG, but a minute later, scored again at the right end, to ensure extra time, whereupon Derby turned on the screws, and absolutely battered Charlton, with a goal from Peter Doherty, and two from Jack Stamps.

Finally... at the fourth time of asking..., Derby County had finally got their hands on this little beauty.

Happy 75th anniversary, everyone!

INSERT%20-%20FA%20Cup%20Win%201.jpg