George "Bobby Moore" Evans

IslandExile

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Evans struggles when teams try to play behind and around him. Bournemouth typically played in front of the defence amd didn't try to take advantage of his weakness. He did very well with what he had to deal with.

Well done for Rooney and the coaching staff for picking him for this exact reason and him for helping us pick up the 3 points.

You know your football mate.

12 minutes ago, KBB said:

Well done for Rooney and the coaching staff for picking him for this exact reason and him for helping us pick up the 3 points.

You know your football mate.

Great point .. we all have our favourite players but opponents change in style, ability and tactics .. picking a player to do a job is good management .

I was all for the change of formation tonight considering the back 3 system worked fairly well when we played them last but my worry was it wouldn't work without Curtis.

Hats off to all the players but  Evans in particular for proving me wrong. Excellent performance!

Just wish we would start turning up when playing our relegation rivals  like we do when we meet the table toppers ? 

15 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I thought he was superb tonight.

Sometimes you have to give credit where it’s due, this reminded me of the Brizzle away game, he never put a foot wrong, noticed Rooney applaud him at one stage.

Its against the ugly thugs I think he comes unstuck, where Big centre forwards with a bit of nous make him look wobbly. Consistency is definitely key, if he could find that he could look classy at the back.

Tonight though, he was great.

I was transported back to the early seventies when I watched David Nish in a Rams shirt for the first time.

A striker was through with a clear shot at our goal when Mr Nish came in for what we all expected to be a crunching tackle, straight red and a penalty.

David had other ideas, took the ball sweetly and cleared the danger.

Déja vu all over again with George's tackle tonight!

(And That save from Roos was also sheer class!)

Was a fantastic challenge, potentially goal saving. Do think his overall performance is being over rated slightly though. He was ok, nothing more, nothing less imo. Don’t remember him dominating either in the air or on the ground, but he was safe and reliable throughout the game - distributed well, and his positioning was good as well considering Wisdom was having a mare at times. Pretty much what I’d expect from him. Average Championship utility man, not someone who deserves some of the flak he gets, but we need better.

Archived