Derby County Vs Bournemouth Matchday thread.

Rev

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stuck it out,good overall performance just needed some one up front to put chances away and this could have been a comfortable win. Well done lads and Rooney n staff. Let's build on this and clear ourselves from the dregs of the table. Didn't expect this result tonight ?

Damn you Derby County. On the back of the recent performances I had settled resignedly into a trough of pessimism and was prepared to spend the remainder of the season there. 
Then tonight’s performance has given me another glimmer of optimism with all the inevitable heartache that will accompany it. 
I know one good result isn’t a revival but at least we’ve got some fight in us. 

1 minute ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Colonel Buzzkill asks: Why is that spirit missing against relegation rivals?

Played extremely well and were unlucky against Wednesday? Battered Birmingham. As of recently, the only complete no show was the Rotherham game which judging on tonight was due to time off for COVID.

For the 50+ years i've been watching football it still bemuses me, We put in a Lethergic performance against Rotherham and a sterling performance against Bournmouth, The excuse for the Rotherham defeat...lack of training and tactics, Today it shows what can be done if all players are switched on, My MOTM was Shinnie, Everywhere and blocking everything, A messy 1st 10 mins but incharge in the main for the rest of the game, Getting a 2nd goal would have capped a good day...but it's still a good day...well done all.

1 minute ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Come to give Shinniesta some love. Not the most technical but absolutely grafts for his team mates. Got a lot of time for that. He's getting better on the ball too IMO. Hope he keeps it up. 

Very good win. ?

I've been critical of him. Played well tonight. The game suited his style. Massive performances from Bielik and Shinnie tonight. 

We just need another option for games like Rotherham where we need more creativity. 

Just now, ck- said:

Not sure we’re quite top 6 - definitely top 10 - but we’re certainly well better than bottom 3. 

It's laughable hearing this and then looking back to the people on here Saturday saying that there is 'absolutely no chance' we can stay up this season.

Couple of nervy moments ... to be expected 

Roos save crucial always been a good shot stopper it’s his command of the area and high balls where he struggles

Bielik is someone we can build this team round Clarke also a warrior Wisdom well he is ok but man does he make mistakes he’s someone we need to replace Byrne looks solid Buchanan improving more confidence left back is his to lose now Shinnie solid Knight same energy as always Jozwiak creating opportunities needs a little more composure I think Evans had his best game for us in ages maybe ever .... Kazim does a job but that’s another area we need more anonymous for long periods of time 

Now let’s not go to the next match and perform like we did against Rotherham 

1 minute ago, rammieib said:

He’s forgotten the bit about scoring goals.

Anyway scrappy but much needed win today. 

A very important win , desperately need more attacking quality though , and were were very lucky in the last 10 minutes but its about time we got lucky for once COYR ? 

Archived