Derby County Vs Bournemouth Matchday thread.

Rev

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really pleased with that. Fine margins this season. If their multi-million pound donkey up front had put their early chance away we could have crumbled.

We could have scored 4 in 5 minutes in the second half and let 3 in in the last 10 minutes.

The majority of teams in this league are bang average at best and points can be won in every single game. 

Today we missed chances but rode our luck at the other end when at other times we seem to let a late goal in totally against the run of play. 

Fine margins between football genius and not fit to wear the shirt. The truth is that we are one of the bang average teams and hopefully we are slightly less average than 3 others come the end.

Still, nice feeling to actually win isn’t it! 

10 minutes ago, ck- said:

I know we had a bit of squeaky bum time, but did they really threaten? One good save from Roos (though we’d all have been furious if he didn’t save that) vs our multiple chances. 

I actually meant it I dont think they looked like scoring at all, and we should have had 2 or 3 easily.

4 hours ago, ram1964 said:

David your quite right,players should be able to go out their and get some thing ( probably covid) but we shouldn't have turned into a bad team over night. Let's hope the lads do some thing tonight however I've banged £500 quid in Bournemouth as a dead cert and hopefully elivates my finances due to covid?

Ha ha,now that was a waste,theres no such thing as a dead cert,as you are crying into your milk let this be a lesson to you

1 minute ago, sage said:

Because we were recovering from Covid?

Also we have played better (after the first 3 games) against footballing teams. it suits our pressing game. 

How many were recovering from Covid against Wycombe or Sheffield Wednesday? Coventry? QPR?

How many were actually recovering against Rotherham? Did the others simply sit on their arses stuffing themselves with crisps?

The covid thing is a complete red herring.

Fully deserved credit to Rooney and the lads. 

Still a concern that we don’t take our chances and that our bench is weak. But it’s looking likely this will be our squad til the end of the season so let’s keep our fingers crossed nobody gets injured. 

4th bottom truly is the place to be.

8 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Loved that, no one let them down tonight 

Yeah it’s one game but I think the players at our disposal suit a 3-4-3. We looked better balanced than in recent weeks. Maybe Cocu’s ideas weren’t all bad?

Its nothing if we don’t build on it, but should be a huge boost all round. We can compete in this division 

Roos is very underrated by a lot of fans. He’s maybe not Marshall but he’s more than a back up keeper

Worked on his catching no doubt. Huge improvement. Perhaps Shay has actually earned his money this season

Just now, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Really pleased with that. Fine margins this season. If their multi-million pound donkey up front had put their early chance away we could have crumbled.

We could have scored 4 in 5 minutes in the second half and let 3 in in the last 10 minutes.

The majority of teams in this league are bang average at best and points can be won in every single game. 

Today we missed chances but rode our luck at the other end when at other times we seem to let a late goal in totally against the run of play. 

Fine margins between football genius and not fit to wear the shirt. The truth is that we are one of the bang average teams and hopefully we are slightly less average than 3 others come the end.

Still, nice feeling to actually win isn’t it! 

What's so frustrating is that we only need about three players to make us a top six side. 

Score your chances and you will thrive. 

1 minute ago, MuespachRam said:

I actually meant it I dont think they looked like scoring at all, and we should have had 2 or 3 easily.

I thought you did. I wasn’t disagreeing, i was using your post for context really. ?

Strong, Skillful and determined. But exhausted by 70 minutes and we didn't change it. It terrifies me that we're in the same position with Rowett not playing Hughes, just as Rooney won't play Sibley, so young Louie will end up leaving for a million instead of the 30 million he might bring in if we actually trusted him in the team.

Great performances from many. Bielik got the official gong and was very good, but Shinnie MotM for me and would have been my captain before kickoff. Wisdom is an accident waiting to happen. Very strong from Evans and Roos who have waited for their opportunities and couldn't do any more. 

I had a tenner on us to win 2-0 and kept hoping we'd bag the second. Even at the end, Kazim-Ricjards should have whacked it forward for McDonald's run and you never know.

What is it with Rooney refusing to use his 5 substitutes? We got away with it today. 

Archived