Duane Holmes - signed for Huddersfield

Heisenberg

Just now, Millenniumram said:

Possibly, but I doubt it if he’s definitely on his way.

"Duane is fantastic football player," Rooney said. "He has got six months left on his contract. So now having taken on the (manager's) job full time that is something I can sit down with Duane and speak to him about, what the plans are for the future."

Who knows?

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always been a fan because he has flashes where he'll look like he's a Premier League player and I really thought after his first season he'd fill Mount/Wilson's shoes at least a bit. Outside a few purple patches, he's never really pushed on and become the player I hoped he would.

His dribbling can be outstanding, has the ability to glide past people and can make championship players look like donkeys but everyone knows it's his end product that's the problem. He hasn't scored enough goals, hasn't put in a killer pass often enough and hasn't put in enough quality crosses in his time here.

I do think Huddersfield are getting a bit of a steal because, as with most players at this level, if you get him in the right system and right position he'll be decent. At some point he'll put it together and have a couple of productive seasons before he gets too old. We probably need the money though.

10 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

I've always been a fan because he has flashes where he'll look like he's a Premier League player and I really thought after his first season he'd fill Mount/Wilson's shoes at least a bit. Outside a few purple patches, he's never really pushed on and become the player I hoped he would.

His dribbling can be outstanding, has the ability to glide past people and can make championship players look like donkeys but everyone knows it's his end product that's the problem. He hasn't scored enough goals, hasn't put in a killer pass often enough and hasn't put in enough quality crosses in his time here.

I do think Huddersfield are getting a bit of a steal because, as with most players at this level, if you get him in the right system and right position he'll be decent. At some point he'll put it together and have a couple of productive seasons before he gets too old. We probably need the money though.

If needs must and all that...

Always tried his best, but whenever he hit a good spell of form he was unlucky with injuries. Ultimately now he's out of favour, so if we can get a decent fee, it's not bad business to let him go, but he's a decent solid player at this level. 

2 hours ago, Rev said:

According to the Athletic, we were interested in a swap deal for Pritchard, but Alex has doubts over our takeover and stability.

WOW, now there’s a player who’s disappeared into the footballing abyss. If this is indeed true and WR can get him back to the type of form he was showing in his Norwich days, then id be more than happy with this exchange. Could be our Barry Bannan type of signing. ??

We just need cash right now.

Toffolo would be another good swap. 

andre green would have been a decent replacement on a free but we have missed that one 

1 hour ago, abertawe_ram said:

Pritchard is one of those that had massive potential but has never quite seemed to hit the heights expected. Strikes me as a bit Lawrence-esque but could be worth a go as long as the wages weren't huge

Wages probably are high currently at Huddersfield as they signed for the premiership - he was very good at Brentford ( as many are) but fairly invisible at Norwich and Huddersfield from a neutral point of view

If we're so desperate for numbers Holmes has got to be in the picture. We don't have a wealth of options and even though Holmes is inconsistent he is versatile and can play well on his day similar to Waghorn. Why we're thinking of letting him go at this moment is a bit beyond me unless we're guaranteed to get someone in or need the money. 

15 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

If we're so desperate for numbers Holmes has got to be in the picture. We don't have a wealth of options and even though Holmes is inconsistent he is versatile and can play well on his day similar to Waghorn. Why we're thinking of letting him go at this moment is a bit beyond me unless we're guaranteed to get someone in or need the money. 

Why bother keeping a player when he can’t even be arsed to train well and too busy staying up all night on his bloody games console. Regardless if he’s ok on his day, this is why we are in this position with players like that. Get rid!

21 minutes ago, JayRam1 said:

Why bother keeping a player when he can’t even be arsed to train well and too busy staying up all night on his bloody games console. Regardless if he’s ok on his day, this is why we are in this position with players like that. Get rid!

Probably practicing his sweaty goal technique on FIFA 

44 minutes ago, JayRam1 said:

do we know he's not training well because of his console playing? Maybe it's a reaction to the extraordinary circumstances we find ourselves under?  I thought we were in the position we're in because we've got no options and are over reliant on the kids?  Here is a non-kid who can play when utilised correctly in a squad desperately short of options, experience, firepower or creativity. 

Archived