Duane Holmes - signed for Huddersfield

Heisenberg

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Topram said:

Like the bloke but hasn’t been great since Frank left

And a good spell when results improved under Cocu. He struggled to get over the injury in March and then couldn't regain his confidence.

We reportedly paid £1m for him from Scunthorpe so should see a modest P&S profit. The cash coming in will mean we can cover December and January wages. Hopefully, the takeover will be complete before Feb wages are due.

To be honest I could see this happening. I was a big fan of Holmes at the start of his Derby career. He's a dynamic player, got a great burst of pace and ability to carry the ball forward, but in the last year or so he's looked completely demotivated/disinterested and had lost the edge that he originally had. 

Shame because he could have been a great player for us.

Could never fault Duane on his attitude. I remember those two tackles in the first leg against Leeds in the play offs. Really was a player who would get into the opposition.

As someone mentioned above he has recently lost a dear friend and he deserves to leave with well wishes from us Derby fans. 

one of those players who after they leave, I’ll have a little smile to myself everytime I see them in the goals on BBC sport.

Whatever the reason he hasn’t been the same recently. If it means another youngster can come in and shine then it’s probably a good move and price. 

He really is a fantastic bloke though, isn’t he? Such a kind warm and humane character. That will be missed. Good luck to him if he goes. 

Victim of his own versatility and even more so the emergence of our young central midfileders.

No wonder his best performances where at the middle, especially when Lawrence was missing and he could be the main ball carrier. I do remember writing about this during his "purple patch" (or he was just played in right role).

I really like him as a player and seems awesome lad as well, but he really ain't wide player we need and he won't get to our central positions. Shame it went like this, but I'll definitely keep my eye on him later. 

I'd like footballing world way more if there were more players like him, so all the best for the future Bulldozer.

Archived