Duane Holmes - signed for Huddersfield

Heisenberg

16 minutes ago, nottingram said:

The fact he felt the need to celebrate as such suggests he feels the fans were out of line in giving him abuse for his choice of hobby and I would tend to agree.

Why fans would suggest that Holmes' poor form was down to anything but the fact he's ordinary is beyond me too.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, nottingram said:

Don’t really see what his hobbies in his spare time have to do with anything (just as with Jack Marriott). If his manager feels they are affecting his performances I’d suggest it should be dealt with internally. As he was picked for and scored in the game in question it seems he didn’t feel that so don’t see why fans should concern themselves with it.

The fact he felt the need to celebrate as such suggests he feels the fans were out of line in giving him abuse for his choice of hobby and I would tend to agree.

I feel he was was way out of order with this.  Why bring his altercation with one person on his twitter into the domain of winding up other supporters. Other supporters weren't concerned till he acted the dick. Especially when his overall contribution has been miserable for over a year. Narcissism of the highest order. 

53 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I feel he was was way out of order with this.  Why bring his altercation with one person on his twitter into the domain of winding up other supporters. Other supporters weren't concerned till he acted the dick. Especially when his overall contribution has been miserable for over a year. Narcissism of the highest order. 

Erm... You can spot narcissism from the goal celebration? 

I think you should give a call to NHS, they might need you!

I really like the lad and I'm deffo in the not caring how he spends his free time camp. I've also zero problem with his celebration. If fans are happy to give it, they should be happy to get it back too. The real narcissism for me is fans thinking they have a right to dictate what players can and can't do in their spare time if I'm honest.

As for the move, it's unfortunate in some ways. He'd just started to re-find some form under Wazza but the rise and rise of Jason Knight, allied to the return of Bielik and the good form of Shinnie was always going to restrict his opportunities in central midfield. As it is, he's turned down a renewal / extension so off he goes unfortunately. Were it up to me, I'd have tried to keep him if only because he's very good on his day, he won't be on a massive whack and is pretty versatile which is handy. Seems popular with the other lads too. Another one I'll just wish good luck I suppose! 

2 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Sure they have plenty of people in the NHS with eyes already.  Behaviour speaks volumes.

Are you sure you are not mixing banter and narcissism? It's easy mistake to make as those two have such a similar diagnosis criteria.

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I think it is naive in the extreme to think it’s an altercation with one person on Twitter

10 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

DET saying we paid 500k rising to 700k when we bought him from Scunthorpe

Given that he's six months from being a free agent and, in my opinion, frequently a liability with the ball, I would have thought getting back what we paid for him is the best we can expect.

You can accuse Duane of many things, from being a little bit rubbish to lacking focus in a game. But narcissism isn't something you can realistically lay at his feet - if you take a look at his background you will see he does more than most footballers in the community. He might not be the greatest player we've ever had but pretty much everyone in our squad could be a 'little more Duane' in that aspect.

5 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why fans would suggest that Holmes' poor form was down to anything but the fact he's ordinary is beyond me too.

Before his injury, before the whole teams form dipped and even before Cocu was on the big downwards slide he was one of the few that showed gumption, ability and some consistency. He never bought in to the side backwards and to an extent provided our only energy .. I Think you are being unreasonably harsh towards a solid player with some skills .. who put in a lot of effort and had a palpable desire to win. 

10 minutes ago, jono said:

...he was one of the few that showed gumption, ability and some consistency. He never bought in to the side backwards and to an extent provided our only energy .. I Think you are being unreasonably harsh towards a solid player with some skills .. who put in a lot of effort and had a palpable desire to win. 

Occasionally he did. No consistency during a match or over matches played.

Archived