Duane Holmes - signed for Huddersfield

Heisenberg

28 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Two out the door, does in principle allow us to bring in 2 loans or free transfers. But honestly, who would want to join us in our current position?

WR said he had deals lined up, if this frees up cash to do that, then yes makes sense from a footballing side. If it doesn't and is just another cost cutting move, then it doesn't.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

Good move and sensible business, Holmes and Dutch Mike must be on £30k per week between them. That’s £1.5 million plus nominal fees received also. In the current climate of drastic loss of income very much the right thing to be doing. Suspect there might be some more out yet, and not a lot in.

I suspect they are or were on substantially less than that maybe about 9- 10,000 £ per week 

4 hours ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

Good move and sensible business, Holmes and Dutch Mike must be on £30k per week between them. That’s £1.5 million plus nominal fees received also. In the current climate of drastic loss of income very much the right thing to be doing. Suspect there might be some more out yet, and not a lot in.

Blimey. If this is anywhere near accurate, it's no surprise the club's broke.

20 hours ago, i-Ram said:

80% financial, 20% developmental. A number of emerging U23s surely can fill a Duane Holmes shaped hole.

I think Holmes is a great player and easily capable of playing in a top championship side - But I suspect this is exactly right

Wouldn't pick him ahead of Knight and that's Holmes' best position (IMO) - Hammering around the midfield using his energy to provide simple link up passes and moving the ball forward with speed through the middle - Unfortunately he's not as good as Knight and doesn't provide as much invention and goal threat as Sibley in the same role

18 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Blimey. If this is anywhere near accurate, it's no surprise the club's broke.

Average Championship salary as of Dec 2020 is 29k a week, and these two would be on below average wage so 15k each (30k combined) as stated by the poster seems about right.

49 minutes ago, chewbacca said:

Average Championship salary as of Dec 2020 is 29k a week, and these two would be on below average wage so 15k each (30k combined) as stated by the poster seems about right.

Bloody hell. Duane Holmes, who we got from Scunthorpe or some such place is out £750 grand a year?

As I said, it's no wonder the club is ducked.

1 hour ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Bloody hell. Duane Holmes, who we got from Scunthorpe or some such place is out £750 grand a year?

As I said, it's no wonder the club is ducked.

Any other profession where wages are quoted in a weekly format ?...

Should be quoted as an annual salary plus bonuses, would reveal the criminal salaries received for kicking a ball about a field.

Archived