Duane Holmes - signed for Huddersfield

Heisenberg

Interesting that we tried to sign Alex Pritchard as part of the deal, was a very good player not so long ago but no idea how good he is now. 

Dissapointing but not surprising that he apparently doesn’t fancy coming to us though, the thought of staying at Huddersfield rather than coming to Derby shows how far we’ve fallen.  

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Derbados said:

Interesting that we tried to sign Alex Pritchard as part of the deal, was a very good player not so long ago but no idea how good he is now. 

Dissapointing but not surprising that he apparently doesn’t fancy coming to us though, the thought of staying at Huddersfield rather than coming to Derby shows how far we’ve fallen.  

Looking at the Huddersfield forum it seems that they consider Pritchard a failure there - one of those players who pass sideways and backwards - well we have seen those haven’t we - anyway he is apparently out of contract in the summer but clearly doesn’t want to take a step down from his premiership contract currently 

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Looking at the Huddersfield forum it seems that they consider Pritchard a failure there - one of those players who pass sideways and backwards - well we have seen those haven’t we - anyway he is apparently out of contract in the summer but clearly doesn’t want to take a step down from his premiership contract currently 

Would the transfer umbongo for not paying the squad also prevent us doing any sort of swap deal?

12 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Would the transfer umbongo for not paying the squad also prevent us doing any sort of swap deal?

Think you can do 'one out, one in' under an embargo.....but if he's not keen, then he can 'go forth and multiply' as far as I'm concerned....

On 15/01/2021 at 15:12, RoyMac5 said:

Occasionally he did. No consistency during a match or over matches played.

Off the top of my head, he was absolutely outstanding against Southampton at home in the FA Cup under Lampard, and against Charlton at home under Cocu.

That's two full games for you.

I think it is still the right time for him to move on though.

23 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Off the top of my head, he was absolutely outstanding against Southampton at home in the FA Cup under Lampard, and against Charlton at home under Cocu.

That's two full games for you.

I think it is still the right time for him to move on though.

Not much is it - I can’t remember anyone playing well in that game vs Southampton, Marriott popped 2 in nicely and missed an open goal in the last 10 mins if I remember correctly whilst against charlton he did play well. The most ridiculous contribution he gave us was coming of injured at Leeds in the play off game getting Marriott onto the pitch and the rest is history 

nice chap but get some money back while we can - same goes for a few we have currently who are out of contract in the summer 

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Not much is it - I can’t remember anyone playing well in that game vs Southampton, Marriott popped 2 in nicely and missed an open goal in the last 10 mins if I remember correctly whilst against charlton he did play well. The most ridiculous contribution he gave us was coming of injured at Leeds in the play off game getting Marriott onto the pitch and the rest is history 

nice chap but get some money back while we can - same goes for a few we have currently who are out of contract in the summer 

He was brilliant against Saints. Playing on the right as well.

I'm sure there were more, but those were the two that stood out and got me thinking "We could have a player here."

I agree that it's time to get some money for him though. I don't think he'll ever be consistent enough to live up to the promise he showed at various points.

I love Holmes at CM, the issue for him is that's our strongest position now with Sibley, Knight, Shinnie, Bielik and Bird (yes the last two are holding mids).

Correct me if I'm wrong but his downturn this season has coincided with him playing mostly out wide? He's had half his game time from the bench as well.

If Huddersfield play him down the centre I think they're getting a bargain at £1mil. 

3 minutes ago, mike93rh said:

I love Holmes at CM, the issue for him is that's our strongest position now with Sibley, Knight, Shinnie, Bielik and Bird (yes the last two are holding mids).

Correct me if I'm wrong but his downturn this season has coincided with him playing mostly out wide? He's had half his game time from the bench as well.

If Huddersfield play him down the centre I think they're getting a bargain at £1mil. 

Playing in central midfield you have to be able of doing many functions well but Holmes doesn’t - he is good at running with the ball from the half way line which worries opponents which is big positive but his tackling and positional awareness are very poor whilst his passing is generally mis timed and inaccurate - thanks but time to move on 

Archived