Duane Holmes - signed for Huddersfield

Heisenberg

Maybe the reason marriott has been sent out from old vids i've seen, he too looks like he larks about a bit.

Suppose it's ok with most managers but when the manager has the work ethic and winning mentality that Rooney has, your not going to last long and it looks like they are not empty threats.

Probably the reason in the massive difference in Shinnie too.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would have thought a little bit of fun during training would be tolerated by most manager's if you were regularly committed and producing on the pitch on match days.

The problem comes when this is not happening it start to show disrespect for the club, the manager and his teammates (who are trying) something no-one  would tolerate.

12 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

Maybe the reason marriott has been sent out from old vids i've seen, he too looks like he larks about a bit.

Suppose it's ok with most managers but when the manager has the work ethic and winning mentality that Rooney has, your not going to last long and it looks like they are not empty threats.

Probably the reason in the massive difference in Shinnie too.

I don't think Lampard, Cocu or Rooney were impressed with Marriott. Whatever your opinion of their managerial ability, that is 3 legends of the game he couldn't convince. 

Similarly I think Holmes was already losing his way before Rooney. Only started 2 of Cocu's matches.

Holmes wanted out and made it happen. 

2 hours ago, BondJovi said:

I don't think Lampard, Cocu or Rooney were impressed with Marriott. Whatever your opinion of their managerial ability, that is 3 legends of the game he couldn't convince. 

Similarly I think Holmes was already losing his way before Rooney. Only started 2 of Cocu's matches.

Holmes wanted out and made it happen. 

I think most of the time Lampard was here Marriott was injured, in and out the squad. Cocu sent him to Sheff we'd before he got sacked. Tbh I was talking managers in general rather than lamps and cocu. My point is Rooney won't tolerate muckin about and has shown it, although I agree, I think Holmes was looking for a move.

Holmes and Marriott are very close, I’m fairly certain their partners are related.

Its not unthinkable that Holmes wasn’t happy as a result of Marriott being sent out on loan and also wanted out himself.

I’m 99% Marriott will never play again for us either and wouldn’t be shocked if he didn’t follow Holmes to Huddersfield at some point! 

On 26/01/2021 at 16:28, NottsRammy said:

If that's right from what I read we got no upfront fee for holmes then that's criminal . The fee we get is all based on milestones goals scored, appearances,  promotion etc etc . Bad decision we should be getting some fee no matter how small . 

Goals scored ??? 
duck me we’ll never see a Penney 

Archived