Transfer embargo

Derbados

17 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

This.

Either the people in charge of the sale are incredibly naive or they've been shown sufficient evidence of the funds being sent. You'd imagine, and you'd hope, that it's the latter.

Surely to even get to this stage of a takeover a none refundable deposit would have been requested. The Saudis paid Ashley a massive chunk of money which they lost and the Spanish buyers in for Wigan had to stump up £300k. The whole thing couldn’t have got as far as it as by somebody just saying they will buy the club.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Derbados said:

Confined by both Nicholson and Percy, club is currently under a transfer embargo for failing to pay players wages. 

Wonder how that has affected targets etc we may have already lost out on our top priorities. 

again, absolutely astonishingly poor from the club, wonder what Wayne makes of it all? 

Wont have affected the plans in any way.

Wages have not been paid because the takeover has not gone through, cant see that we are going to buy anyone until it has.

20 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

The whole situation is an absolute farce. I wouldn’t blame Rooney or any of the players for walking away from this circus. 

To be honest, this whole takeover absolutely stinks. The ridiculous number of delays, the constant excuses, and the misinformation given to the media, players and staff about deadlines etc. All make for very worrying signs about how this lot will be going about their business. Even if this takeover goes through, which I’m still certain it won’t, I’d remain extremely concerned about the future of our club.

You wouldn't blame Rooney or any of the players for walking away from 'this circus', Millennium,  but you keep coming back for more.

You must be made of sterner stuff.

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

You wouldn't blame Rooney or any of the players for walking away from 'this circus', Millennium,  but you keep coming back for more.

You must be made of sterner stuff.

Sadly I don’t have any choice in the matter. You can change which football club you play for, you can never change the club you support! 

42 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Who else is on there I wonder 

To clarify, there's no list of embargoed clubs on there.

It's in the rules section, you can't bring players into the club while in arrears on players wages.

Why do fans keep saying we are a mess and skint? This isnt even close. In the 80s we nearly went to the wall. Literally. We had nothing on the pitch to sell and no money whatsoever. I know...in the worse case scenario...we have saleable assets on the pitch. We are also owned by a multi millionaire who is about to close a sale to a group worth billions. Where is the drama? Its not even close to our worst time. 

1 hour ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

These are not worrying times or the lowest point those came in the early 1980’s under Mike Wattersons tenure (although not really of his making ) and the end of Maxwells. It’s pretty clear that the wages will be paid next week either by Mel or the new owners if they takeover finally goes through as announced  per John Percy’s tweet .My opinion as a fan since 1970 others may choose to disagree 

Agreed, 14th March 1984, the club had failed to get an adjournment on the final winding up order at the high court and we felt that the only escape would be an FA Cup final appearance. That evening we lost at home to third division Plymouth with a goal direct from a corner in the quarter final replay, knowing that the winners had the easier semi final draw against Watford. 

That was my lowest ebb, as a Ram.

29 minutes ago, DazzaRam said:

Why do fans keep saying we are a mess and skint? This isnt even close. In the 80s we nearly went to the wall. Literally. We had nothing on the pitch to sell and no money whatsoever. I know...in the worse case scenario...we have saleable assets on the pitch. We are also owned by a multi millionaire who is about to close a sale to a group worth billions. Where is the drama? Its not even close to our worst time. 

Have you looked at BZG website recently? It looks like it was designed by a 12 year for their school IT project. 

The professionalism of the club has been taken into the gutter .iether by Mel for not giving a damm other than trying to claw back as much money as possible and not being diligent with the take over. Or the potential new owners who don't appear to have 1) a lot to miss in. 2)Any business acumen .

38 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Are we actually in a EFL embargo? Or just the standard transfer embargo that clubs put themselves under when there’s a takeover? 

1 hour ago, Rev said:

To clarify, there's no list of embargoed clubs on there.

It's in the rules section, you can't bring players into the club while in arrears on players wages.

1 hour ago, ram59 said:

Agreed, 14th March 1984, the club had failed to get an adjournment on the final winding up order at the high court and we felt that the only escape would be an FA Cup final appearance. That evening we lost at home to third division Plymouth with a goal direct from a corner in the quarter final replay, knowing that the winners had the easier semi final draw against Watford. 

POP!  And in it went!  

tenor.gif?itemid=14048531

5 hours ago, ram59 said:

That was my first season going to watch so shows I must have basic character flaws to not only have loved it but still be here having suffered all the grief in the meantime

Archived