v Chorley (A) FA Cup Match Thread

Day

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Lancashire lad said:

I do not ever think I will see Chorley 1st game on Match of the Day..I thought 2020 was bit mad...

Yes old jug ears crisp muncher still despises us. 

If the Beeb thinks that a non league outfit turning over a managerless side playing it's Under 23s is sensationalist then it's fallen further than I thought to whip up a headline.

9 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Yes old jug ears crisp muncher still despises us. 

If the Beeb thinks that a non league outfit turning over a managerless side playing it's Under 23s is sensationalist then it's fallen further than I thought to whip up a headline.

I think it's more to do with a team with 350£ aweek best paid player being in the hat for last 32 and 16 of the FA cup

41 minutes ago, Lancashire lad said:

I think it's more to do with a team with 350£ aweek best paid player being in the hat for last 32 and 16 of the FA cup

It's not mate.  As a Leicester fan, he likes to whip up this imaginary rivalry when neither us or Forest give a hoot like they all do.  I didn't see match of the day, but knew the tit would get a mention on here at some point after todays result.  

On 07/01/2021 at 07:17, Tamworthram said:

You’re really not getting it are you?

Would cancelling the FA Cup allow A-levels to take place? No, of course not so they are is no link whatsoever.

Would cancelling football allow schools to reopen? Of corse not.

Finally, if the FA Cup is to be completed this season then of course it needs to be completed by a certain date. 

Please don’t tell me what I can cut out simply because we disagree.

I was saying that you could "cut out" (i.e. ignore) what I had written about exams you nitwit! ?

I wasn't telling you to "cut it out" (as in, telling you to "stop disagreeing")! The exact opposite!

?

I am still upset about the decision to play the game. Maybe I shouldn't get so pent up!)

Does anyone know if we had to play the game? I seem to remember some mention of "negotiation". (I heard José M yesterday saying something about the integrity of football standards. He said what I had been saying about the FA Cup, but far more effectively than me!) I wonder if we compromised too readily?

My latest conspiracy theory is that the manager and first team may have been relatively willing for the match to go ahead without them considering that they hadn't been paid.

28 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

I am still upset about the decision to play the game. Maybe I shouldn't get so pent up!)

Does anyone know if we had to play the game? I seem to remember some mention of "negotiation". (I heard José M yesterday saying something about the integrity of football standards. He said what I had been saying about the FA Cup, but far more effectively than me!) I wonder if we compromised too readily?

My latest conspiracy theory is that the manager and first team may have been relatively willing for the match to go ahead without them considering that they hadn't been paid.

Villa were "forced" to play their game against Liverpool the day before with virtually the same issues we had if that makes you feel better?

Not sure why you're so upset, if the game had been postponed then it would just have added another fixture that we could do without in a compressed timeframe? Another game that we need like a hole in the head when survival is our first, second and third priority. 

11 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Have we ever lost to non-league opposition before? I can't think of a time.

Oh cmon I think we hold every unwanted record in World football.  1955 Boston at home lost 6-1, which I think still maybe a league team’s worst performance v non league in cup history

7 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Third string wasn't it given a lot of our more senior under 23's were also unable to play?

4th string at most in all seriousness.

1. First XI

2. Subs/reserves

3. 1st choice U23s

5th choice GK (not even including the 3 we have out on loan). 7th choice CF, and our first 8 wingers all unavailable. Our 3rd choice LB tested positive the day before the game forcing us to use a winger at LB. I could go on...

We had so few players available that we weren't even able to name a full subs bench.despite having over 40 players officially make up the U23 and U18 sqauds.

Archived