v Chorley (A) FA Cup Match Thread

Day

4 minutes ago, RamNut said:

What about the time spent in the changing rooms too?

I've heard they go into the changing rooms in their bubbles (don't think they actually go into the changing rooms at the minute, at pride park I believe we use the Pedigree suite and away teams use McFalrand's Bar (more space so can socially distance, may even be wearing masks inside) 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

Furthermore Angieram, we had positive cases in the squad training for yesterdays tie yet the rest of the squad didn't have to isolate. We could have isolated the team and asked to postbone, like Shrewsbury, as we couldn't fulfil the tie.

It's hard to fathom

It seems so inconsistent. Perhaps if you have a couple of negative tests you can be released earlier - who knows! As Angie says we have played it and its out if the way which is good this season

Wouldn’t our players have travelled together for Sheffield Weds by coach? Hence all have to isolate?

I also think getting the game done and dusted was strategically important for us. We’ve already had one game postponed. Any more could cause us all sorts of problems with fixture congestion and points  per game if the season is ended early.

1 hour ago, 24Charlie said:

Furthermore Angieram, we had positive cases in the squad training for yesterdays tie yet the rest of the squad didn't have to isolate. We could have isolated the team and asked to postbone, like Shrewsbury, as we couldn't fulfil the tie.

It's hard to fathom

The fair thing for us to do would postpone but still put a U23 side out. A full strength U23 side, not those part of the first team like Whittaker and Sibley.

52 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Agreed? I don’t understand it at all. How can a club be missing so many players and yet be made to play?

Out of all first team, U23, U18 (and some U16 players) we went into that game with only 19 players. 76 players named in matchday squads this season reduced to just 19!

17 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Wouldn’t our players have travelled together for Sheffield Weds by coach? Hence all have to isolate?

I also think getting the game done and dusted was strategically important for us. We’ve already had one game postponed. Any more could cause us all sorts of problems with fixture congestion and points  per game if the season is ended early.

They all stayed in a hotel on New Year's Eve if one thread on here is to be believed. That might allow for more speculation as to why they all had to isolate...

46 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

It seems so inconsistent. Perhaps if you have a couple of negative tests you can be released earlier - who knows! As Angie says we have played it and its out if the way which is good this season

I think you still need to complete 10 days isolation because the tests are not 100% and /or you can still have time to develop symptoms

24 minutes ago, Spanish said:

I think you still need to complete 10 days isolation because the tests are not 100% and /or you can still have time to develop symptoms

Yes 10 day for close contact ... had to do it over Christmas due to being close contact with a lad from work who was positive covid on 22nd . even after my test was negative 

6 hours ago, Ken Tram said:

I am still upset about the decision to play the game. Maybe I shouldn't get so pent up!)

Does anyone know if we had to play the game? I seem to remember some mention of "negotiation". (I heard José M yesterday saying something about the integrity of football standards. He said what I had been saying about the FA Cup, but far more effectively than me!) I wonder if we compromised too readily?

My latest conspiracy theory is that the manager and first team may have been relatively willing for the match to go ahead without them considering that they hadn't been paid.

The one and only reason It was played was because the TV company demanded It and the FA are spineless and dare not say no.... If we had been playing Millwall and It was a nothing game then It would have just been postponed and no one would have even noticed. 

5 hours ago, angieram said:

I must admit even I am getting a bit fed up of the cash-strapped plucky underdogs story. If they are paying their part-time ex-pro footballers up to £350  per week they are hardly Alfreton Town! 

And how many of out kids are on less than that.??

2 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

And how many of out kids are on less than that.??

I don't know and I don't care. We aren't being billed as plucky underdogs. Quite the opposite, actually. 

One of our players yesterday was a first year scholar - don't think they are paid, are they?

40 minutes ago, Wistaston Ram said:

Anyway it's yesterday's news now, Crawley are the story now!

Yeah agree and Leeds had some senior pros in the team

Archived