v Chorley (A) FA Cup Match Thread

David

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I would like to know why that game just happened. Why was that game allowed to go ahead despite two separate outbreaks of COVID in our club. What is the reason?

If the club had the option to postpone but chose to go forward with the fixture, I’d like to know what motivated that decision. I could guess.

If the EFL forced us to play, then I’d like to know why, too. It sets a gross precedent for the rest of the season, be it in a cup competition or the league. 

Yes, well done to the young lads who have been given something of an education today by a non-league team of men. I hope that experience ends up being a positive one for them, and not a negative. But they shouldn’t have been put through that today and I’d like to know why they were. 

As much as some would like to, we can'r pin any of this on the EFL.

15 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I would like to know why that game just happened. Why was that game allowed to go ahead despite two separate outbreaks of COVID in our club. What is the reason?

If the club had the option to postpone but chose to go forward with the fixture, I’d like to know what motivated that decision. I could guess.

If the EFL forced us to play, then I’d like to know why, too. It sets a gross precedent for the rest of the season, be it in a cup competition or the league. 

Yes, well done to the young lads who have been given something of an education today by a non-league team of men. I hope that experience ends up being a positive one for them, and not a negative. But they shouldn’t have been put through that today and I’d like to know why they were. 

The FA Cup rules state that if a club has a squad of 14 fit players from their u18s side upwards then a game has to be played. The same would have been the case had Chorley had covid amongst the first team squad and backroom staff

30 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Can I just add to this that I won’t and will not criticise any of those players today. It’s not fair at all, and those doing so need to have a re-think, for me.

They shouldn’t of been playing that game and were brave to do so. They represented our club at a difficult time. Fair play to every single one of them. 

It’s the people responsible for this game taking place that deserve our ire today!

31 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

Maybe they saw a different game to me, but I wouldn't have singled him out for any additional criticism. Ball didn't come to him that often and he was isolated a lot. Not sure where the running but has come from...as for being a superstar, maybe that's why he is being harshly, IMO, criticised, it's irrelevant what he has done in the past, if the ball is nowhere near you, then there is not a lot you can do.

Probably true. He’s being judged to a higher standard because of what has come before.

Well, it appears our young Rams weren't quite up to it?  I won't lose any sleep for being out of t'cup, under these circumstances (From both the team availability pov, and also from our battle against relegation, which is far more important.

The lads did their best, and that's good enough for me.

I feel a bit for Chorley, if truth be told, as whilst the record books may well show a giant killing, each and every one of us in the know, will know different... and will no doubt pass that on down the generations to come (We have to do that, at least!)

The couple of Chorley fans that have posted on here have shown nothing but manners, respect, and all round good-eggness, so for them... and for the history books... I'll be cheering them on, when hopefully they get another shot at a proper giant killing in... get this... ROUND 4 OF THE FA CUP!  That's right!  Chorley!  There's the magic of the cup, right there!

Congratulations to each and every one at the club, and the very best of luck in the next round.  ENJOY!  

Not the result we wanted but well done to the young lads , personally I dont feel let down at all by them.  While some won't go on to having a full professional career in football today will be a day some will never forget ! Others will progress into our or other teams first teams in the leagues . The game i feel shouldn't have even been played, first team all out , several u18s and u23s either involved with first team so can't play or injured . So ill say well done lads and here's to the future ? 

23 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Is that even possible?  The governors of our league forcing us to play in a cup competition governed by a completely separate governing body?

The FA Cup is magic for any team under the championship. Any team in the championship or above it’s a waste of time unless you manage to stumble your way through to the quarters then all of a sudden it becomes very important. With the off field issues affecting team selection and with us in a relegation battle today’s result is irrelevant.

Id just like to say to every single of you who have donated to our crowdfunder , virtual ticket and half time draw that youve really helped a small Nonleague club out . Its been really appreciated?

I know it was  your kids on show today but I cannot see Chorley reaching round 4 again in my lifeline.

I thank you on here for the crack and banter all week, I've tried to keep you updated witj news from the club pitch/tent/heaters, although a couple lads  on here thought Chorley did this when they heard Derby had the kids out this is totally not the case .It was ordered aweek ago due to long weather forecast.

Thanks again??

12 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Duck me!!!!!!

Is it that hard for some of our fans to give our kids even a little bit of credit and support?

Credit where credits due. Watch it again with the benny hill theme tune in the back ground. 

I'll be as positive as the next man when I see positive on the pitch, something that's been very sparse for the last year. 

My pecking order for players at the club (including those out on loan) based on their primary position. Those in bold are those to have started today.

GK: Marshall, Roos, Ravas, Carson, Foster, Mitchell, Idem, Sykes-Kenworthy, Yates, Halwax, Roberts, Randle

RB: Byrne, Ebosele, McDonald, Bardell, Brailsford

CB: Clarke, Wisdom, Davies, Evans, te Wierik, Minkley, Wassall, Cashin, Solomon, Bateman, Rutt, Jinkinson, Christie

LB: Buchanan, Forsyth, Malone, Archie, Grewal-Pollard 

CM: Bielik, Knight, Shinnie, Bird, Sibley, Holmes, JBrown, Hutchinson, Watson, Dixon, LThompson, Aghatise, Ibrahim, Matthews, Rogers, Perez de Gracia

W: Jozwiak, Lawrence, Whittaker, Gordon, Ibe, Shonibare, JML, Wilson, Jozefzoon, Williams, Borkovic, Kelly Caprani

CF: Kazim, Waghorn, Stretton, Marriott, Trialist, Rooney, Duncan, Cresswell, Cybulski

To put it another way, we have used 30 other players this season before this game. A further 5 are currently out on loan

I feel sorry for everyone involved. The authorities and the clubs should have seen sense and postponed the game until a later date.

The way that game played out could be very demoralising and damaging for some of those young players, and the ghosts of this game could have ended careers before they even begin.

Especially with the media revelling in it posting videos of the Chorley players’ celebrations and treating it as though Chorley have pulled off the impossible.

As a fanbase, we just have to pull together and support the boys, because no one else is going to be in their corner and give them any credit.

9 minutes ago, Xlor said:

Credit where credits due. Watch it again with the benny hill theme tune in the back ground. 

I'll be as positive as the next man when I see positive on the pitch, something that's been very sparse for the last year. 

Other clubs you can support if you are that negative.. 

They are young lads and they are Rams and I thank them for the efforts out there in difficult situation..

35 minutes ago, Xlor said:

If they were good I wouldnt slag them off. Like I keep saying, some of it made me laugh it was that poor. 

I've been to watch alfreton, same league, for the last 32 years. I know full well how 'fit' they are

And!

Its not really the point about poor or not, it’s about young players doing the best they can in these very strange and surreal times in order to fulfil a commitment placed on DCFC.

Surely you can bring yourself to say well done and move on to other matters that are consuming our club at the moment!

Astonishing that there's some people criticising the kids today. 

They are our fringe youth players. Very few if any of those who played today may develop into first teamers. Some will become non-league players, some will even not make it as footballers. Thats how the percentages of youth football work.

If we had a few of the better u23s in it may have been a match, but to expect anything more than what happened today given the squad is a complete delusion. 

Well done to them all for stepping up. 

Archived