v Chorley (A) FA Cup Match Thread

Day

8 minutes ago, Xlor said:

I'll support whomever I like thanks.

Efforts in this difficult situation? I'm sorry but training everyday in state of the art facilities v bus drivers that were on the bag last night isnt gonna get praise from me. It was awful, laughable at times. The amount of jogging back by young fit youth was embarrassing. All of it was. Chorley are that professional, that out of shape centre forward who scored, has just done an interview on bbc with his mobile phone in one hand, a Budweiser in the other, singing adele. Meanwhile, Bobby Duncan, him that was the next messi, and that wonder kid from southend are still trying to phathom out how to undo there bootlaces. Villas 'Kids' tried. Passion, desire, effort and a few of em could play. They even drew level against the champions of the world. We didnt have 1 shot v overweight amateur and the youth drive is supposed to be the Derby thing at the moment.

Dress it up how you like but the facts are we we're absolutely terrible. Fresh air shots? I'd of took my 12 year old daughter off if she'd of done that.

Buddy you have been on here for the last couple of hours talking absolute nonsense (I chose a nice word there) just give it a rest. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Rambalin said:

Buddy you have been on here for the last couple of hours talking absolute nonsense (I chose a nice word there) just give it a rest. 

Who are you to tell anyone to give it a rest? 

Agree, disagree, ignore, whatever. 

How is it nonsense? Spanked by chorley. Chorley, not liverpool, chorley. 

We had a lad up top that's bagged shed loads for liverpool, man city, Fiorentina who never had a kick. There overweight forward scored and sang adele to a bbc reporter with a bud in hand. We're a laughing stock

4 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

I lived in Alfreton for 20 years and there's a sizeable Red Dog fanbase there. He's probably a Forest fan having a 'laugh' 

1 hour ago, Lancashire lad said:

Id just like to say to every single of you who have donated to our crowdfunder , virtual ticket and half time draw that youve really helped a small Nonleague club out . Its been really appreciated?

I know it was  your kids on show today but I cannot see Chorley reaching round 4 again in my lifeline.

I thank you on here for the crack and banter all week, I've tried to keep you updated witj news from the club pitch/tent/heaters, although a couple lads  on here thought Chorley did this when they heard Derby had the kids out this is totally not the case .It was ordered aweek ago due to long weather forecast.

Thanks again??

Good luck in the next round draw mate. Hope you get a Liverpool or Man City and bucketloads of telly money.

id imagine a couple of league 1/2 clubs might be on the phone too about Newby. Looks useful. 

1 hour ago, Xlor said:

Credit where credits due. Watch it again with the benny hill theme tune in the back ground. 

I'll be as positive as the next man when I see positive on the pitch, something that's been very sparse for the last year. 

I actually want to know what you actually expected? This was a bunch of undeveloped BOYS against reasonably experienced MEN. Eleven debutants, and nine of them making their first pro appearance. They played as well as most of the first team has for most of the season, and only couldn’t match Chorley on the vital physical element of the game! 

as a side note, I certainly hope you’re not the parent of an aspiring athlete/footballer. You’re very harsh, almost disgustingly so! I’ve seen players with 100s of league appearances and dozens of international caps play as well/badly as our kids today. Get a grip ffs. 

1 minute ago, Ramarena said:

Great thing about the ignore list is you’re not censoring them so everyone can see how daft they are and if you do fancy a laugh you can read the comment!

I've just put him on ignore after replying. He makes me embarrassed for coming from there. 

14 minutes ago, Xlor said:

Efforts in this difficult situation? I'm sorry but training everyday in state of the art facilities v bus drivers that were on the bag last night isnt gonna get praise from me. It was awful, laughable at times. The amount of jogging back by young fit youth was embarrassing. All of it was. Chorley are that professional, that out of shape centre forward who scored, has just done an interview on bbc with his mobile phone in one hand, a Budweiser in the other, singing adele. Meanwhile, Bobby Duncan, him that was the next messi, and that wonder kid from southend are still trying to phathom out how to undo there bootlaces. Villas 'Kids' tried. Passion, desire, effort and a few of em could play. They even drew level against the champions of the world. We didnt have 1 shot v overweight amateur and the youth drive is supposed to be the Derby thing at the moment.

Dress it up how you like but the facts are we we're absolutely terrible. Fresh air shots? I'd of took my 12 year old daughter off if she'd of done that.

And one day you will be judged by others for 90 minutes of your life and hopefully you receive the comeuppance you deserve for your kindness.

Up The Rams.

1 hour ago, Lancashire lad said:

Id just like to say to every single of you who have donated to our crowdfunder , virtual ticket and half time draw that youve really helped a small Nonleague club out . Its been really appreciated?

I know it was  your kids on show today but I cannot see Chorley reaching round 4 again in my lifeline.

I thank you on here for the crack and banter all week, I've tried to keep you updated witj news from the club pitch/tent/heaters, although a couple lads  on here thought Chorley did this when they heard Derby had the kids out this is totally not the case .It was ordered aweek ago due to long weather forecast.

Thanks again??

Was gutted to see us exit the FA Cup ,  Covid  did us , but Chorley played what was in front of them , and deserved to go through,  you,ve promoted Chorley brilliantly on here mate , wish you and your club all the best for the future  

Tried hard but unfortunately we were never going to win this, men v boys. 

Seen it played in it. 

Most of the lads who played may never play a first team game again but they will always be able to say they represented Dcfc in the fa Cup. 

For all those asking for Duncan to play in the 1st team you can see why he isn't ready for championship football, Hutchinson may have a chance. 

A more greater concern is that having so many players within our system/ academy etc we may be forced to play these lads again in championship football if covid hits the squad again, the EFL have seen us play today I don't think they would allow us to do a Rotherham. 

1 minute ago, Xlor said:

We had a lad up top that's bagged shed loads for liverpool, man city, Fiorentina who never had a kick. There overweight forward scored and sang adele to a bbc reporter with a bud in hand. We're a laughing stock

Well you certainly have a lot of people thinking you are a laughing stock..

Constructive criticism I get.. Absolute negativity is pointless and damaging to those who played today.

4 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I actually want to know what you actually expected? This was a bunch of undeveloped BOYS against reasonably experienced MEN. Eleven debutants, and nine of them making their first pro appearance. They played as well as most of the first team has for most of the season, and only couldn’t match Chorley on the vital physical element of the game! 

as a side note, I certainly hope you’re not the parent of an aspiring athlete/footballer. You’re very harsh, almost disgustingly so! I’ve seen players with 100s of league appearances and dozens of international caps play as well/badly as our kids today. Get a grip ffs. 

Questioning my parental skills on a dcfc forum? ????. You keep burying you're head in the sand, I'll keep saying what I see. Average age of 19 isnt classed as BOYS. It was pathetic.

11 minutes ago, Xlor said:

No pal you're the laughing stock

6 minutes ago, JaguarRam said:

Well you certainly have a lot of people thinking you are a laughing stock..

Constructive criticism I get.. Absolute negativity is pointless and damaging to those who played today.

It's probably only really damaging for the person spewing the criticism.

Imagine how small-minded and hate-filled he must be to come out with that stuff.

23 minutes ago, Xlor said:

Think you underestimate the football ability of non leaguers. Some have had league experience. Some non league players could play in leagues 1 and 2 easily. Unsure if any Chorley players could today but I bet some wouldn’t look out of place. Some of their team have had a lot of clubs on their cv. Some of our team would have been playing under 15 football a couple of years back. Maybe our team are disappointed with not causing them more problems but they’ve been thrown in there and it’s no shame losing that match. It’s a shame it’s gone ahead due to the situation, at least it’s given a non league club extra revenue and a chance for some people to fulfil some dreams. Disappointed to be out the cup. Well done Chorley and well done to our team for representing.

Archived