v Chorley (A) FA Cup Match Thread

David

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Xlor said:

If they were good I wouldnt slag them off. Like I keep saying, some of it made me laugh it was that poor. 

I've been to watch alfreton, same league, for the last 32 years. I know full well how 'fit' they are

I played against Alfreton Blue Bell close to 32 years ago, They were riding high in the top division of the Derby City league, We had the miss fortune to be drawn against them in the league cup, I'll not mention who I played for, We were a bunch of has beens and never will Bs and 3-4 divisions below them, They turned up thinking there's a cricket score on the cards here, To be fare...so did we, At 0-0 our keeper went to take a goal kick and before he kicked the ball his boot lace got caught in the other boots studs and went ar$e over tit, Alfreton to a man burst out laughing, We went on to win the game 3-2, Made the headlines in the Green Un, The goalkeeper played a blinder that day and I have to admit it...I thought I did play well too as I was the Keeper.

Alfreton trained twice a week and were all big lads, We trained in the pub ate a chip cob and sank many beers, Never underestimate football, To pour scorn on Alfreton they complained we had "ringers" in the team, We did have one...our CH an ex pro player that we had to fetch from his home to make the numbers up, But I'm sure he wasn't the reason we won, It was Alfretons attitude...?

Didn't expect to win the game at all, well done to the lads though for putting the shirt on and representing the club. 

It was a poor poor game really though, I did expect better from them to be honest. Not one shot on goal bar a tame header is disappointing.

Not overly bothered I guess, we've got a clean run now of league games to get us out of this mess and a non league club who need the money will get another pay day. All the best. 

26 minutes ago, Lancashire lad said:

Id just like to say to every single of you who have donated to our crowdfunder , virtual ticket and half time draw that youve really helped a small Nonleague club out . Its been really appreciated?

I know it was  your kids on show today but I cannot see Chorley reaching round 4 again in my lifeline.

I thank you on here for the crack and banter all week, I've tried to keep you updated witj news from the club pitch/tent/heaters, although a couple lads  on here thought Chorley did this when they heard Derby had the kids out this is totally not the case .It was ordered aweek ago due to long weather forecast.

Thanks again??

just a question do you think your club have publicised this as much as they should?  Nothing from your manager nothing that was mentioned by the BBC.  Have I missed something?

29 minutes ago, Lancashire lad said:

Id just like to say to every single of you who have donated to our crowdfunder , virtual ticket and half time draw that youve really helped a small Nonleague club out . Its been really appreciated?

I know it was  your kids on show today but I cannot see Chorley reaching round 4 again in my lifeline.

I thank you on here for the crack and banter all week, I've tried to keep you updated witj news from the club pitch/tent/heaters, although a couple lads  on here thought Chorley did this when they heard Derby had the kids out this is totally not the case .It was ordered aweek ago due to long weather forecast.

Thanks again??

Good luck next round...

Well done Chorley FC and @Lancashire lad for supporting your club and maybe showing others, on how to support a club.

I remember a couple of years ago I tried to surprise the misses for Christmas by managing to get hold of tickets for Adele's last sold out tour, I bought the gig tickets at Wembley, the flight tickets, booked a lovely hotel and the surprise brought a lovely smile to the misses face on Christmas Day. A few months past and the tour came around and we set off to see Adele at Wembley on the last Saturday night of the tour.............and Adele lost her voice and cancelled.

Someone Like You............

36 minutes ago, Xlor said:

Credit where credits due. Watch it again with the benny hill theme tune in the back ground. 

I'll be as positive as the next man when I see positive on the pitch, something that's been very sparse for the last year. 

Really hope you think you're being humorous or just an opposition fan on the wind up with your comments today. Would hate to think you think you're a Derby fan. 

23 minutes ago, JaguarRam said:

Other clubs you can support if you are that negative.. 

They are young lads and they are Rams and I thank them for the efforts out there in difficult situation..

75 % of Chorley players were released from Crewe ,Mansfield, port vale and Bolton in the summer .

I reckon afew of your lads will come back in years to be known players.

They would never of played on pitch like that against lads who have...give them a chance

Positives for me:

The lads kept going and didn't let their heads drop, unlike some of our Senior players.

First half was what you might expect from a cobbled together team who probably never played as a team before, had no training to speak of on set piece plays, attack or defence. Second half they were already learning. The improvement was spectacular really, so I think their intelligence is there.

They didn't go for lump it and hope, tried to play football and that's good for their futures.

They weren't bullied at all, maybe a combination of Chorley style, Ref control or our courage.

You gave it your best lads!

Good luck to Chorley next round.

58 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

But you said the academy is poor. Bird, Sibley, Knight all in the first team. Todays game isn't a reflection of the academy or how well its doing. 

What was so poor today it was funny?‍♂️ what's funny about a load of kids being thrown together & being thrown out against a side (all be it non-league) that play together every week & have already beat two league clubs. A load of kids being given their debuts under difficult circumstances & live on tv.

They've had to step up & too early for a lot of them to represent the club today. They've been beaten by a better team & will learn from it. 

I just dont get why you'd laugh at a load of kids who have stepped up & out of their depth to represent the club. They gave it a go but just weren't good enough. There isn't any shame in it. They haven't shy away from it & fair play to them. 

I honestly hope non of them come on this forum & read your comments

Don’t give the poster the attention they seek

22 minutes ago, JaguarRam said:

Other clubs you can support if you are that negative.. 

They are young lads and they are Rams and I thank them for the efforts out there in difficult situation..

I'll support whomever I like thanks.

Efforts in this difficult situation? I'm sorry but training everyday in state of the art facilities v bus drivers that were on the bag last night isnt gonna get praise from me. It was awful, laughable at times. The amount of jogging back by young fit youth was embarrassing. All of it was. Chorley are that professional, that out of shape centre forward who scored, has just done an interview on bbc with his mobile phone in one hand, a Budweiser in the other, singing adele. Meanwhile, Bobby Duncan, him that was the next messi, and that wonder kid from southend are still trying to phathom out how to undo there bootlaces. Villas 'Kids' tried. Passion, desire, effort and a few of em could play. They even drew level against the champions of the world. We didnt have 1 shot v overweight amateur and the youth drive is supposed to be the Derby thing at the moment.

Dress it up how you like but the facts are we we're absolutely terrible. Fresh air shots? I'd of took my 12 year old daughter off if she'd of done that.

2 minutes ago, Xlor said:

Efforts in this difficult situation? I'm sorry but training everyday in state of the art facilities v bus drivers that were on the bag last night isnt gonna get praise from me. It was awful, laughable at times. The amount of jogging back by young fit youth was embarrassing. All of it was. Chorley are that professional, that out of shape centre forward who scored, has just done an interview on bbc with his mobile phone in one hand, a Budweiser in the other, singing adele. Meanwhile, Bobby Duncan, him that was the next messi, and that wonder kid from southend are still trying to phathom out how to undo there bootlaces. Villas 'Kids' tried. Passion, desire, effort and a few of em could play. They even drew level against the champions of the world. We didnt have 1 shot v overweight amateur and the youth drive is supposed to be the Derby thing at the moment.

Dress it up how you like but the facts are we we're absolutely terrible. Fresh air shots? I'd of took my 12 year old daughter off if she'd of done that.

?

1 hour ago, Xlor said:

If they were good I wouldnt slag them off. Like I keep saying, some of it made me laugh it was that poor. 

I've been to watch alfreton, same league, for the last 32 years. I know full well how 'fit' they are

Alfreton haven't been in the same league for 32 years. They've been promoted and relegated several times during that time. 

4 minutes ago, Xlor said:

You have a Daughter?, Glad you found the onion bag...unlike our seasoned forwards.

26 minutes ago, James Pond said:

I played against Alfreton Blue Bell close to 32 years ago, They were riding high in the top division of the Derby City league, We had the miss fortune to be drawn against them in the league cup, I'll not mention who I played for, We were a bunch of has beens and never will Bs and 3-4 divisions below them, They turned up thinking there's a cricket score on the cards here, To be fare...so did we, At 0-0 our keeper went to take a goal kick and before he kicked the ball his boot lace got caught in the other boots studs and went ar$e over tit, Alfreton to a man burst out laughing, We went on to win the game 3-2, Made the headlines in the Green Un, The goalkeeper played a blinder that day and I have to admit it...I thought I did play well too as I was the Keeper.

Alfreton trained twice a week and were all big lads, We trained in the pub ate a chip cob and sank many beers, Never underestimate football, To pour scorn on Alfreton they complained we had "ringers" in the team, We did have one...our CH an ex pro player that we had to fetch from his home to make the numbers up, But I'm sure he wasn't the reason we won, It was Alfretons attitude...?

I can tell you now, 100% fact, alfreton blue bell have never done two training sessions in there existance?. Unless you can call running from taxis, the rozzers or scorned women ,training. 

2 minutes ago, Bearwood Ram said:

Alfreton haven't been in the same league for 32 years. They've been promoted and relegated several times during that time. 

I know. I go and watch them. I'm not saying they've been in the same league for 32 years. The Hfs loans league doesn't exist. I'm saying they're in the same league as chorley. Clear?

Archived