New Manager

dantheram

22 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Can someone who is really high on Paul Cook, explain to me why ? 

I get that he's a had a good half season at this level but that seems to be about it.....

I'm just wondering if I'm missing something given he seems so high on people's lists? 

I would like Cook as our next manager but I would like to clarify that I haven’t been snorting coke off his tits.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, r4derby said:

Lampard worked out because of Mount, Wilson and Tomori. Without those 3 loans, we don’t finish in the top 6. I agree with you that we shouldn’t be chasing big names and should go for a manager who is going to get us playing good football

Personally I think Lampard worked out because he had Jodie Morris who has a proven track record with young players. If Morris was Rooney or Terry's number 2 I'd be all in...

Eddie Howe is my choice.

He successfully built teams that took Bournemouth through the divisions and consolidated them in the Premier League until least season. Appointing Howe would be a coupe given our current predicament but whether he fancies it or not is another thing. 

This is the most important appointment since Clough and now is not the time to go down the untested route (sorry Rooney). One thing we can all agree on is that whoever gets it has one hell of job on their hands...

All the best Phillip, Twan and Chris! They remained classy throughout all the cr*p that was thrown their way, and I'm sure that they will be successful elsewhere. 

45 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

He ticks the most boxes out of any realistic candidate.

Experience in the division ✔

Track record of getting teams promoted ✔

Guided teams out of relegation difficulty ✔

Attractive style of football ✔

Has brought through talented young players ✔

Fits the squad we have ✔

He would be the first person I'd be calling to see if it could happen.

Aren’t you supposed to get a clubs permission before tapping up their manager?

Archived