New Manager

dantheram

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don’t think I’m too fussed about a new manager right now. We have a really good squad and, hopefully, with new ownership there’ll be a solid platform to succeed.

Terry and Rooney are the only names I’m not sure about. Lampard worked out great for us but I’m concerned about us chasing big names. Are we more bothered about promotion or how often we’re on Sky?

Cook, Jokanovic, Howe, Adkins etc all sound like good options to me. 

Anyone, but not Rooney!!! He's still not got his coaching badges and what type of man-management has he got.

A manager or coach today cannot just say to the players, 'show me your medals or caps' to impress them. Motivation of players who earn millions of pounds per season or career are now on a different level.

It's more about respect, pride and being seen to be who they are. If they are dropped or criticised then their heads drop and the next thing their agents demand a transfer.

21 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Right, I'm putting my chips down and saying this is the man I want in...

Slavisa Jokanovic.jpg

Great shout, nice attacking football, proven manager, it's a yes from me

8 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Don’t think I’m too fussed about a new manager right now. We have a really good squad and, hopefully, with new ownership there’ll be a solid platform to succeed.

Terry and Rooney are the only names I’m not sure about. Lampard worked out great for us but I’m concerned about us chasing big names. Are we more bothered about promotion or how often we’re on Sky?

Cook, Jokanovic, Howe, Adkins etc all sound like good options to me. 

Lampard worked out because of Mount, Wilson and Tomori. Without those 3 loans, we don’t finish in the top 6. I agree with you that we shouldn’t be chasing big names and should go for a manager who is going to get us playing good football

18 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Right, I'm putting my chips down and saying this is the man I want in...

Slavisa Jokanovic.jpg

He ticks the most boxes out of any realistic candidate.

Experience in the division ✔

Track record of getting teams promoted ✔

Guided teams out of relegation difficulty ✔

Attractive style of football ✔

Has brought through talented young players ✔

Fits the squad we have ✔

He would be the first person I'd be calling to see if it could happen.

If Rooney has been taught by the person that has failed and we're expecting instant impact if he takes over, then I'll be lost for words if that actually happens. We need someone with as much proven history of having impact when taking over the managerial reins in the shortest amount of time, I don't care who that is at this point.

4 minutes ago, goldstar said:

Great shout, nice attacking football, proven manager, it's a yes from me

Didn’t he have parachute payments and a squad and budget to envy any others in the league 

basically they were meh ... beat everyone else to mitrovic in the January window and he fired them up 

I’d be sceptical about this guy 

I want a seasoned hand .. someone with a real grounding in the English leagues, not a one season wonder

7 minutes ago, Anon said:

I'd go with Souness and Keane. Not because I think they'd be particularly good, but because I'm so pissed off with this group of players that I'd like to make their lives as miserable as they've made mine.

Are they available to play on Saturday ?

Archived