New Manager

dantheram

No need for a new manager. Let Cocu manage and McClaren coach. Best of both men.

Lets face it McClaren is a coach and not a manager. He's proved that. Cocu has been a leader all through his football days. McClaren would embrace Cocu's philosophy too.

Would be much cheaper than getting rid of Cocu. And if it still doesn't work then McClaren is a better plan B than Rooney or Rosenior.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, MikeS said:

It was bizarre and a completely banal decision, especially after the Leeds performance. I still can't forgive him for throwing the game away, as well as waiting too long to make a change. A case of overthinking the tactics?

Lampard knew Lawrence, Bennett, Waghorn and Marriott were only fit enough for a maximum of 60 minutes. I'm certain he saw it as a 120 minutes game and wanted to finish the game stronger. Let Bennett tire their defense out for an hour only to be replaced by our best two forwards. He wasn't far off being proven right - with only a defensive blunder proving otherwise.

1 minute ago, Rammy03 said:

Would he though? Mcclaren wanted to score endless amounts of goals, Cocu goes 1 up and puts 11 men behind the ball

Ok. I don't think that's Cocu's philosophy. I think its a reflection of where we are in terms of personnel. For whatever reason, if you don't trust players you're more cautious with your approach - and he's overly cautious at the min. And I appreciate that he needs to motivate the players better. That's where I think McClaren would work well alongside him.

11 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

This may be totally irrelevant but just watched the "Combined training" video and there are no members of the first team coaching staff present except Liam Rosenior. Just an observation!!!

Could be Twan in the background at 0:55, not sure.

18 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

This may be totally irrelevant but just watched the "Combined training" video and there are no members of the first team coaching staff present except Liam Rosenior. Just an observation!!!

Just watched it and you are right, not 1 single shot of any of them, yet 3 of Liam Rosenior first pumping players.

If Cocu really is self isolating then his assistants would clearly be there, but nope, not there.

2 hours ago, CocuCrazyCocuMad said:

No need for a new manager. Let Cocu manage and McClaren coach. Best of both men.

Lets face it McClaren is a coach and not a manager. He's proved that. Cocu has been a leader all through his football days. McClaren would embrace Cocu's philosophy too.

Would be much cheaper than getting rid of Cocu. And if it still doesn't work then McClaren is a better plan B than Rooney or Rosenior.

Perfect, they speak the same language too

2 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

From when? In the 2 minute silence video yesterday, Twan and Chris VdW were there.

4 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Lampard knew Lawrence, Bennett, Waghorn and Marriott were only fit enough for a maximum of 60 minutes. I'm certain he saw it as a 120 minutes game and wanted to finish the game stronger. Let Bennett tire their defense out for an hour only to be replaced by our best two forwards. He wasn't far off being proven right - with only a defensive blunder proving otherwise.

I was surprised that he didn't make the change at half time though given we were a goal down.  Did anybody else get an initial line up on their phone with Marriott playing only for the stadium screen to show the real line up?  Poo day, out played and out sung awful really

1 hour ago, Spanish said:

I was surprised that he didn't make the change at half time though given we were a goal down.  Did anybody else get an initial line up on their phone with Marriott playing only for the stadium screen to show the real line up?  Poo day, out played and out sung awful really

I don't remember that. I do remember the feeling at 14.02 that day of just "knowing" we weren't going to win and I don't think i was the only one.

6 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

He got it completely wrong for me,if he was concerned they could only last 60 minutes start them and let us lead 2-0 not the other way round

Look at past finals you can see the team that scores first wins the game,you can count on one hand the other way round

Archived