New Manager

dantheram

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

Getting us to the playoff final was an achievement, and if Roos hadn’t dropped the ball and we found a way to win it wouldn’t matter who had started. He brought Marriott on to score so in that respect his tactic worked ! 

If you want to win a football match, isn’t it best to try and score during the whole game, and not just the last 20 minutes?? I guarantee you, every Derby fan who read/saw the starting XI that afterwoon at Wembley felt a mixture of confusion, disappointment, and/or anger. It was a crappy decision then, and it’s a still a crappy decision now. Even without the Roos clanger we were never really in the game... I’ve got my own opinion on why he made the choices he did, but I don’t want to have another post deleted, so I’ll keep it to myself

Why doesn't Mel try something truly innovative?

Crowd sourced management. There's an app that aggregates up the inputs of all the users to the ultimate decision which the manager would make - e.g. team selection, tactics, substitutions. 

After all, the wisdom of the entire fanbase must amount to something. Could even plumb voice audio feeds into the stadium PA to verbally give the team direction. 

It would be the sort of tech development Mel loves and has the potential to eliminate the poor decisions made my any one individual. 

Premium features could include inputs to activities outside of match day, such as training sessions, fitness data, decisions on team building activities. 

GO on Mel, give it a go. 

16 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

If you want to win a football match, isn’t it best to try and score during the whole game, and not just the last 20 minutes?? I guarantee you, every Derby fan who read/saw the starting XI that afterwoon at Wembley felt a mixture of confusion, disappointment, and/or anger. It was a crappy decision then, and it’s a still a crappy decision now. Even without the Roos clanger we were never really in the game... I’ve got my own opinion on why he made the choices he did, but I don’t want to have another post deleted, so I’ll keep it to myself

I didn't go to the game, We gave out ticket numbers to family so they could go, Watched it in the Town Centre, When the starting 11 went up of the screen, The vast majority who knows the game(not the ones who watched just because)were apoplectic, Pointing at the screen and verbalising Lampard.

Once Both Marriott and Waghorn came on I noticed a difference in play and attitude, Marriott scored around the 80th and I thought we could go on to get a result...unfortunately not.

10 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Crowd sourced management. There's an app that aggregates up the inputs of all the users to the ultimate decision which the manager would make - e.g. team selection, tactics, substitutions. 

After all, the wisdom of the entire fanbase must amount to something. Could even plumb voice audio feeds into the stadium PA to verbally give the team direction. 

It would be the sort of tech development Mel loves and has the potential to eliminate the poor decisions made my any one individual. 

Premium features could include inputs to activities outside of match day, such as training sessions, fitness data, decisions on team building activities. 

GO on Mel, give it a go. 

I think Hashtag United have beaten us to the punch on that one...

10 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

GO on Mel, give it a go. 

Blimey have you read some of the stuff we put on here?

15 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

GO on Mel, give it a go. 

What’s the salary? 

Archived