New Manager

dantheram

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm utterly pro cocu, and his recruitment, Bryne, Marshall, Jozwiak even Kazim on a free. Has been some of the best dealings we have had in years(which is saying that much honestly but still), give him more time and I have faith he will continue bringing in some top talent, all excellent players at this level. (Or maybe our scouting team got better, of this I don't know).

But something has to change, we need to win some games!! And unfortunately I just don't see it changing with Cocu in charge, I really hope I am proved wrong. I've been a religious Derby fan since I was 4, (now 26). Went to every game in the last premiership season and now I am beginning to have that feeling of despair again!!!

Maybe this takeover will be a good thing and can help turn us around, the most frustrating thing is we certainly have the players, we are not a poor side on paper but we have to be winning and I'm ready to finally admit it seems to be down to Cocu's tactics!!

25 minutes ago, hughesy 1984 said:

Yea but that was in the prem playing Man City, Liverpool etc not ducking Barnsley. People have short memories his Bournemouth team ripped the championship apart 

I don’t think nice football will work at the moment we are in a mess just like Bournemouth was last season.

30 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Not known for his entertaining, attacking football though ?

Far more entertaining than Cocu or Clement. Indeed, with the exception of about five games, probably more entertaining than Lampard. More like Rowett on a good day - which would do. 

3 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Chris Wilder maybe? Things are looking bleak for him, would take him without a second thought.

Funny how we posted this at the same time, but I think it would be on par with getting Arthur Cox in the 80’s whose was a top flight manager at the time

Just now, CornwallRam said:

Far more entertaining than Cocu or Clement. Indeed, with the exception of about five games, probably more entertaining than Lampard. More like Rowett on a good day - which would do. 

Just making the point that quite a few wanting entertaining, attractive and attacking football would probably be left disappointed. However, if he gets us moving up the league that would do me for now. Remember he saved Everton but was then given the boot as he still didn’t win over a lot of the fans due to his style of play?

8 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

Who is your choice as next manager?

Sir Alex Ferguson, or failing that Sven-Göran Eriksson. Someone who can get the best out of Rooney!

Really though, I don't have one. Unless they're a complete ****** ala Nigel Pearson I'll back whoever.

I just think the suggested names people come up with really just aren't thought out that well, are being viewed in an idealistic manner and really wouldn't have the effect some think they would. 

Trying to save people from disappointment in another year's time when the next much sought after incumbent turns out to be a failure! ?

Whoever takes over, I'm not going to get excited about the appointment until they've been at the club for 6 to 12 months and had some decent success. 

To be honest, I'm fed up with getting big names. Someone under the radar who just comes in and gets on with the job, like when we hired Jim Smith.

The new owners are probably going to have to make the hardest decision they will have to make in their tenure in there first week of owning the club. It’s absolute massive they get the next manager right, presume they will have to go for an experience head in charge with a good reputation as for the position we are in, they’ve GOT to get it right or it would be a disaster for them in their first season to get relegated, they will have to chuck big money on a new manager! Some people might not like it but it’s got to be someone like big Sam. Surely they won’t go for another inexperienced personnel like Rooney, Roseiner etc. What worries me is Mel Morris staying on as a consultant some of his decisions are to why we are in the position we are in! This club needs a total fresh start at board level and that’s including recruiting team!  All this ‘play the Derby way’ needs to end now and focus on getting results and climbing the table.

15 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Like now?

Fair.

But I think there is a chance it'd be even more true. 

Think a true "pragmatist" gives the likes of Buchanan, Bird, Sibley or Whittaker the team of day ? Even Knight might be sacrificed on the altar of "needing experience".

3 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It wont be Eddie Howe, he and Ibe dont get along.

Wilder is a good shout.

Problem is with Eddie Howe all his back room staff have stayed on at Bournemouth, he’s had all his success with them, it’s a risk getting a complete new back room team who he’s not worked with before

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Our next manager is kicking their lips at their upcoming opportunity...

0_Justin-Walker.thumb.jpg.a506a850a709c6153ae24e5653893026.jpg

3416939A00000578-0-image-a-10_1463161846778.thumb.jpg.b7af0b45976bdf0e3cfeea5fc363ff69.jpg

That would be a very relegationy appointment. We need vast experience. We are bottom. We are crap. 

Archived