New Manager

dantheram

30 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Wassall or Walker for me. The academy is the way forward and both of these guys now how to get the most out of them. Wassall has the experience of managing the first team and has proven to play an attacking style of football. However, he's been somewhat 'removed' from the managing side of the U23s. Walker has been the most successful Derby youth manager for quite some time. He knows these young lads coming through better than most. He also is known for his attractive style of play. He's been involved with the development of the young lads this season and has got to know the first team squad. 

Walker's my pick, at least as an interim manager 

Not for me. He took up a totally meaningless position of coach in charge of transitioning academy players into the first team. 
we’ve only got two starters and neither need any help.
why take that in preference to a proper role with the u23s?

cheerio.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely crucial we get this right and get it done fast.

Bristol City and Boro next...we are in real danger of getting cut adrift at the bottom if we're not careful.

First time I've genuinely worried about relegation since Nigel Pearson's time in charge. 

3 minutes ago, Topram said:

Big sam and Liam Roseinier

I have no love for Liam Rosenior in all honesty, aside from talking well almost every other remit he’s been given as fell below expectation. 

Its hard to say from the outside looking in, but the comment on watching 1000 players and him supposedly helping Cocu adapt to life in the Championship, yet that still looks like Cocu’s biggest problem, makes me think he’s nothing more than another Gary Neville. 

Think big Sam would want to much money even for a year. I don’t mind seeing poohouse football and us win than see us play like we are now. Although he likes a certain type of player and if we invest in January I think it would be very short sighted to sign players to his preference. 

A source of mine says it’ll be Rooney and Mac as assistant but he’s not reliable as a source. 

Such a depressing time to be a Derby fan.

Should have done something weeks ago. This season is possible already over in terms of a top six finish. If they don't do something soon and just let us keep losing more and more games I think they should get Big Sam or Pulis just to avoid relegation. This takeover is happening at just the wrong time. Can't Mel just agree with the new owners that they'll pay him back the Pay-Off if he sacks him now?  

Can't remember the last time I've been here but this week has finally got me to the point where I think we need to replace our manager. I was all for giving Cocu time to get players fit and recent games have seen an improvement but we just couldn't get that win to build confidence and seem to have regressed again over the last 2 matches and I just don't see how we turn it round withou getting someone new in. With a rare 2 week break for the new manager to get his ideas across before going back to 2 matches a week and time to assess the squad before January now needs to be the time we make change.

As for who comes in I've no idea. Of those available Paul Cook would probably be my shout for getting Wigan into a decent position last year before there deduction. Wouldn't be massively against Rooney getting it as long as it wasn't as player manager, if only just to get him out of the team as I think we have better balance as a team without him. Wouldn't mind mac3 either, I think we're in a similar position squad wise to when he came in 1st time wise, he hasn't been massively successful in turning teams round once a slide has set in though so would maybe need someone to steady the ship first.

5 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

Should have done something weeks ago. This season is possible already over in terms of a top six finish. If they don't do something soon and just let us keep losing more and more games I think they should get Big Sam or Pulis just to avoid relegation. This takeover is happening at just the wrong time. Can't Mel just agree with the new owners that they'll pay him back the Pay-Off if he sacks him now?  

This.

I don’t understand the calls for Wassall. Don’t get me wrong he does a cracking job with the academy and that is his strength. I think we have short memories he was out of his depth when he has taken charge previously. I remember Shackell quite openly questioning his decisions on the pitch, and McClaren having to intervene at half time.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/24360853

17 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Think big Sam would want to much money even for a year. I don’t mind seeing poohouse football and us win than see us play like we are now. Although he likes a certain type of player and if we invest in January I think it would be very short sighted to sign players to his preference. 

A source of mine says it’ll be Rooney and Mac as assistant but he’s not reliable as a source. 

Such a depressing time to be a Derby fan.

How many sources have you got ?

Archived