New Manager

dantheram

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

So not Cocu’s fault then. He wanted to keep Martin allegedly, and he wanted Dursun when Martin declined. Morris, our recruitment team, and our finances at fault. 

It’s irrelevant as to blame; but as Cocu is the manager the sword lands on his neck. We “couldn’t afford” CM ...but the “risk” of not having him or replacing him is a relegation dog-fight, potentially the loss of Championship status on top. What cost is that? 

5 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

It’s irrelevant as to blame; but as Cocu is the manager the sword lands on his neck. We “couldn’t afford” CM ...but the “risk” of not having him or replacing him is a relegation dog-fight, potentially the loss of Championship status on top. What cost is that? 

This is one of the things that really concerned me about Cocu at the start of the season...where was his backbone and fight to retain a crucial link link to his game?...he just seems to see events happening and accept them rather than fighting tooth and nail as we would expect a manager to do.

If he was out in total charge of this club's development and structure then how could he let this happen?

The signs that this Cocu and his project were going to be a failure have been there for us all to see for a long time but many of us chose to ignore them

I still find it quite disrespectful to talk about our next manager when there is no current vacancy. However, I understand there would be no point to this forum if we didn’t allow keyboard warriors to vent.

Those looking for blood, I am sure you are all going to have to wait a while.  Until the deal is complete - if it completes - I really can’t see Morris making any changes. Not only because of short term financial implications, but also in terms of the deal on the table. Not sure how Morris is going to sell sacking Cocu now to BZG and The Sheikh when he has probably spent the last few months bigging him up in terms of the team and structure he has helped developed. Given his current need to isolate, I really can’t see Mel getting on the blower to the Sheikh and informing him he is going to sack Cocu as he is concerned the team are now in a relegation battle. Not a good look.

Lets see where we are on this deal shall we. For what worth, I would get rid of Rooney before Cocu. 

6 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

It’s relevant if you are posting it on a ‘Next Manager’ thread. The manager always takes the blame. All I am saying is your devotion to Christ Martin is affecting your ability to see that the problem wasn’t of Cocu’s making. He knew the problem, and in the end was having to beg for some money to be spent to at least have CKR as an option. 

2 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I still find it quite disrespectful to talk about our next manager when there is no current vacancy. However, I understand there would be no point to this forum if we didn’t allow keyboard warriors to vent.

Those looking for blood, I am sure you are all going to have to wait a while.  Until the deal is complete - if it completes - I really can’t see Morris making any changes. Not only because of short term financial implications, but also in terms of the deal on the table. Not sure how Morris is going to sell sacking Cocu now to BZG and The Sheikh when he has probably spent the last few months bigging him up in terms of the team and structure he has helped developed. Given his current need to isolate, I really can’t see Mel getting on the blower to the Sheikh and informing him he is going to sack Cocu as he is concerned the team are now in a relegation battle. Not a good look.

Lets see where we are on this deal shall we. For what worth, I would get rid of Rooney before Cocu. 

I think the new owners might have worked out things weren’t going to plan by looking at the league table. Can’t really hide that. Agree about Rooney. I would imagine common sense will prevail and a compromise will be reached in terms of a pay off for Cocu, maybe a years salary. A real shame it hasn’t worked out.

2 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

..he just seems to see events happening and accept them rather than

Absolutely. A simple risk analysis should have set alarm bells ringing. Many of us foresaw this but we were dismissed on here as “anti-Cocu shroud wavers”. It gives me no pleasure in seeing Derby County now rooted at the bottom of the second tier but that was the trap we were sleep-walking towards and that risk could have been averted. I don’t see the takeover being jeopardised as a result, but if it does, what cost then? £60 million to Mel arguably. 

29 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

We havent sacked him, Mel has.

Mel sacked him that 2nd time before giving him a transfer window and you just know damn well he sacked him because he knew he couldnt afford to back him with the players he wanted.

Mac2 had a transfer window. You may recall he spent most of it getting Mel to give Martin an enhanced contract whilst he was at Fulham. That window worked out well.

It’s relevant if you are posting it on a ‘Next Manager’ thread. The manager always takes the blame. All I am saying is your devotion to Christ Martin is affecting your ability to see that the problem wasn’t of Cocu’s making. He knew the problem, and in the end was having to beg for some money to be spent to at least have CKR as an option. 

It’s irrelevant  full stop. It happened. I’m not devoted to CM like some demented hero worshipper as you imply @i-Ram -I foresaw this problem and said it was a mistake to allow the risk to happen. No amount of shifting the locus of the point under discussion will cloud it. Simple as that. 

Mac2 had a transfer window. You may recall he spent most of it getting Mel to give Martin an enhanced contract whilst he was at Fulham. That window worked out well.

Trying to correct another of Mel's managerial nightmares in recruiting the fruit loop that was Pearson who shipped out our striker...at least he recognised that we had a issue with our striker situation and attempted to resolve it.

6 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

He signed David Nugent. 

1 minute ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Trying to correct another of Mel's managerial nightmares in recruiting the fruit loop that was Pearson who shipped out our striker...at least he recognised that we had a issue with our striker situation and attempted to resolve it.

Do you remember when Mac was backed and got Stephan Warnock, Ryan Shotton, and Albentosa in? 

We were also linked with Lansbury, these signings don’t exactly inspire you at all! 

3 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Do you remember when Mac was backed and got Stephan Warnock, Ryan Shotton, and Albentosa in? 

We were also linked with Lansbury, these signings don’t exactly inspire you at all! 

At that time Chris Evans was signing players whether we wanted them or not.

i don’t think schteve was too impressed with albentosa.

I seem to remember Eric Steele in mcfarland’s bar saying why have we signed a defender, when we needed an attacker. 

Archived