New Manager

dantheram

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’d definitely take Big Sam. I think he keeps this team up if nothing else.

Seriously, relegation in this climate needs to be seriously considered as a threat that could potentially kill this football club. Turning your nose up at a manager of his ability because of his style of football really should be the least of our worries. 

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

We need to instill a belief in the squad that they can turn up on any given day an beta whoever they play. The likes of Walker and Wassall know the players, know the fans, and most importantly know how to instill belief in the players.

Wassall took a Derby side into the 2nd leg of a playoff final believing they could do what nonother Championship side has done before - over turn a 1st leg home tie defeat... after losing 3-0 at home!!

Walker lead English second division minnows, Derby, to a fantastic 3-1 win over Dortmund in the UEFA Youth League. A number of our best U19s were missing in our defeat to Salzburg, who in turn lost to eventual winners Real Madrid.

That's the critical bit.

Colour me optimistic but this squad is better than where it's at they just lack belief and we've messed around trying to pull into different directions tactically. And I think you can see that in (most) recent games an extra 5% more out of the performances and we probably have an extra 8-11 points.

The right man, instilling the right kind of belief and I think we quickly bounce out of this spiral. 

Alongside the names you'd mentioned I'd probably throw in Jokanovic and McClaren in there. Jokanovic pulled Fulham away from relegation when he first took over and McClaren has improved results/performances quickly with us previously, guiding us out of a similar situation the second time he took over.

I think it would be a mistake if we brought in a relegation dogfighter because I think they will play with that expectation in mind and we will end up hovering in and around the drop for the rest of the season. 

We have the bones of a passing football side, get a manager who is comfortable with that but can get a bit more out of individuals and instill more positive intent.

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Seriously, relegation in this climate needs to be seriously considered as a threat that could potentially kill this football club. Turning your nose up at a manager of his ability because of his style of football really should be the least of our worries. 

How you have changed in the last weeks, finally accepted the need for pragmatism. 

1 minute ago, MuespachRam said:

Took Dawes 3 minutes of the game before he was talking about Cocus successor. 
he is a terrible commentator anyway but his behavior during the last few games has been really unprofessional. 
he will be the first one complaining if Cocu doesn’t speak to them..

He watches every game, do you blame him ?

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I agree if it was my money I would go for as much a guarantee as is possible in football and that's Allardyce. I would be confident he would keep us in the Championship but the decision needs making immediately we can't let any more games go by 

I think Big Sam gets an unfair label. He knows how to make a team survive and his football isnt as bad as many believe. His Bolton team that people think was poor had Okocha, Campo, Djorkaeff n Gudjonsson in it - they were not hoofball merchants all the time. Think he was in charge when Anelka went there too?

What he does is goes into a club/team and strips it back to basics and makes a team hard to beat. Then he builds on their strengths, if thats playing long ball he will do it, if its playing a different way he will do that too. He himself has said this.

3 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Took Dawes 3 minutes of the game before he was talking about Cocus successor. 
he is a terrible commentator anyway but his behavior during the last few games has been really unprofessional. 
he will be the first one complaining if Cocu doesn’t speak to them..

No bad thing I've heard enough 

5 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

No way.

We've got enough young players struggling to find their way with rudderless management and can't be arsed experience without adding another load and their PE teacher to the mix. 

We need the usual experienced championship manager and a couple of bruisers to bully our prima donnas into putting a shift in to at least give us a respectable points total and hopefully salvage a place outside the relegation zone.

Who said Clement would return? An 'experienced manager' is fine if the next 6 months or so is your only concern. Wassall and Walker have both proven themselves and know the current squad well enough to get the most out if them.

2 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I think Big Sam gets an unfair label. He knows how to make a team survive and his football isnt as bad as many believe. His Bolton team that people think was poor had Okocha, Campo, Djorkaeff n Gudjonsson in it - they were not hoofball merchants all the time. Think he was in charge when Anelka went there too?

What he does is goes into a club/team and strips it back to basics and makes a team hard to beat. Then he builds on their strengths, if thats playing long ball he will do it, if its playing a different way he will do that too. He himself has said this.

Ive said this for years every time we need a new manager since mac 1 he's been my first choice. 

Archived