New Manager

dantheram

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, IslandExile said:

I still want Cocu ?

It's difficult regarding McClaren. There's a lot of affection for him - rightly - because of what he did here, firstly with Jim Smith and then the style of play during MAC-1.

But I always think he's a brilliant coach, as opposed to Manager. With TBE, he was a really innovative coach. In MAC-1, the foundations, i.e. the players were mostly there from Nigel Clough's rebuilding.

When he resurrected his career, under Uncle 'arry at QPR, again it was as a coach.

As a number 1 - or as some suggest Director of Football - I am less keen.

Maybe working alongside Rooney?

Who would you want @Curtains?

Well the Rooney connection is the key for now. 

Whoever comes in has to work with Rooney like it or not  as a consequence of MM bringing his high profile to the club  .

The McClaren Rooney relationship I think is good .

So short term I’d say Mac if he would come  

Eric Steele to help out . 

Glad it’s not my decision and several might agree lol   

PS Regarding traitor comment I think people should forget the Newcastle thing even though at the time it was difficult.

Just now, Curtains said:

Well the Rooney connection is the key for now. 

Whoever comes in has to work with Rooney like it or not  as a consequence of MM bringing his high profile to the club  .

The McClaren Rooney relationship I think is good .

So short term I’d say Mac if he would come  

Eric Steele to help out . 

Glad it’s not my decision and several might agree lol   

PS Regarding traitor comment I think people should forget the Newcastle thing even though at the time it was difficult.

I think there's an inevitability about Rooney.

I think Mel was smitten at the signing and the new owners-in-waiting would have been alerted/attracted by him being here.

They will certainly want a "name" in charge.

2 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

I think Mel was smitten at the signing and the new owners-in-waiting would have been alerted/attracted by him being here.

Pochettino ?

Just now, IslandExile said:

Yes the new owners see Rooney as integral I suspect which of course he is  .

Not being clever but I said Rooney will be manager but he needs help as he hasn’t got his coaching badges yet  

Mac is likely as Gregory seems far fetched  .

Anyhow just another week in the life of DCFC .

Hope we beat Barnsley.

Rams4Life  

20 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Not that I agree that Rooney is a problem, but everyone will get along much better if we start, oh you know, winning!

Part of me has an issue with Morris staying on in a consultancy role if that is to be the case. He didn’t exactly make fantastic decisions with his own money so god knows what he’ll do spending someone else’s. 

I’d prefer a clean break, a fresh start and fresh eyes to take us in a different direction. My worry is that Morris as a decision maker sees us continue on the same merry go round

1 minute ago, desirelines said:

If Rooney is made manager, proves himself to be completely out of his depth and loses a slew of matches, does he get fired as a manager but kept on as a player? 

He will have an experienced Manager with him of the likes of Mac 

2 hours ago, ziggyram59 said:

At present our one aim is to stay in this division because keep playing like this we will be in League 1. I for one wouldn't be against big Sam did decent job at Sunderland and West Ham, and like you say as much as I dislike Warnock he as took Boro from relegation candidates to potential play off candidates. 

Exactly i feel he's less of a gamble to get us out of trouble & to safely than some of the more unproven names mentioned 

2 minutes ago, desirelines said:

If Rooney is made manager, proves himself to be completely out of his depth and loses a slew of matches, does he get fired as a manager but kept on as a player? 

Muddying the waters by employing WR as first team coach/ manager is extremely dangerous. Like you say if he fails as coach etc how does he remain on the playing staff and more worryingly is... where would we be in a league standing if he was to fail too??

Its a gamble we cannot afford. 

10 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Part of me has an issue with Morris staying on in a consultancy role if that is to be the case. He didn’t exactly make fantastic decisions with his own money so god knows what he’ll do spending someone else’s. 

I’d prefer a clean break, a fresh start and fresh eyes to take us in a different direction. My worry is that Morris as a decision maker sees us continue on the same merry go round

This is the trouble, Mel is a Ram first and foremost and has probably let his heart rule his head in some decisions and to be fair to him he has put his money where his mouth is. Unfortunately this forum is a prime example of the feeling amongst the masses. How often it is apparent that our fellow Rams want to wield the axe at the first sign of a downturn in form and Mel has resisted. I am certain as a Ram MM hurts every bit as much as us all and probably more because of his financial input to date. 
There are probably benefits to a clean break as much as there are benefits to MM staying close to the new owners too. 
Interesting times ahead. COYR ? 

Jokanovic was my first choice when we brought Cocu in and would fit the profile I would imagine the new owner would want.  I do think, however, that someone like McClaren would be better placed right now.

I do not understand why people think there is such a certainty in some people's eyes.  Yes, we know he did come here, in part, to learn the ropes, but surely he is attractive to an investor as a player, not a manager.

I honestly don't think it makes much difference who's in charge right now. 

The balance of the side is all wrong at the moment because we lack a dominant CH, captain and CF and our midfield does not contain a goalscorer. 

We have a maverick in Lawrence who blows hot and cold, Waghorn who's a worker not a natural CF and Jozwiak who's a good footballer but again not a goalscorer. 

I actually think Joz could be part of a midfield three when Ibe is available. 

So, we have enough possession to win matches but no current personnel to get enough goals. 

We need a good transfer window and time to allow our promising young players to flourish. 

Short term pain for long term gain. 

Rooney hasn’t completed his coaching badges and is still a regular player. He’s a big draw for the owners but he isn’t the right option for a side contending with relegation.

It wouldn’t be best for either us or him, as it’d likely tarnish his reputation before he’s got started. I would be surprised if he wanted the job!

It’s got to be Jokanovic for me.

Archived