New Manager

dantheram

3 minutes ago, Dava75 said:

If the new owners come in then I can honestly see them appointing Rooney as manager, maybe with Rosenior staying and then Rooney bringing in an older head as his assistant ....someone like Mike Phelan for example. 

I comprehend where your coming from Reference : Rooney

But I hope IF the new owners come in , they have more ambition than to apoint Rooney as manager ?

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Potential billionaire ownership and appointing some of these names would be bizarre to say the least.

it’s like sticking a 1.6L engine in a Lamborghini. 
I wouldn’t be surprised to see Rafa mentioned in the coming weeks. They’ll find a FFP loophole some way or another 

Rafael Benitez anyone ? Just to pee the newcastle fans off a bit of payback for days gone by . If you think that's a long shot,  personally think if these come in with the money that's being reported we could get fairly anyone we want .

There isnt a chance we are going to have a billionaire owner and we put in cook,McCarthy,  simpson etc etc would be laughable some big foreign name is coming like  Benitez or Wenger trust me .

2 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

Rafael Benitez anyone ? Just to pee the newcastle fans off a bit of payback for days gone by . If you think that's a long shot,  personally think if these come in with the money that's being reported we could get fairly anyone we want .

Many of the folks suggesting Benitez (maybe not you @NottsRammy) are the ones who said Cocu's style of play was too defensive.... Oh the irony ?

2 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Many of the folks suggesting Benitez (maybe not you @NottsRammy) are the ones who said Cocu's style of play was too defensive.... Oh the irony ?

Would you want McClaren back now mate. 

PS would it be MM decision though .

Strange times at DCFC although things can hopefully only get better 

Just now, ThePrisoner said:

More of a copy paste of a Daily Fail article than one he actually wrote with any thought himself. 

Yes I do agree but I think it has some merit though. 

Personally I still like Cocu but unfortunately it’s a results game and having spoken to people I now conclude a change is needed. 

I feel dreadful for the man but he will get a big payoff so I can’t feel too sorry 

If this takeover happens - and let's hope it it either goes through or fails very quickly, then it will be interesting to know who the new owners will be taking advice from. The  DT still reckon that Mel is going to be around as a consultant. Maybe this will be Mel's choice anyway. If that's the case then I would expect someone like Wagner or Jokanovic. Having just Googled the latter I see that he is managing in Qatar - he's now at the top of my most likely list.

If they are just after a big name then I think Rooney will get it.

McClaren is a one season wonder manager. He comes in. makes the players feel good and lets them express themselves. He will get a significant bounce. IMO he's the most likely manager to get us into the play-offs this season. He's tactically pretty limited and fairly poor at recruitment, so long term he's a bad bet. I might be tempted just to give the club a lift though. I suspect that Schteeve might not be keen if Mel is still around.

Allardyce or Warnock are the most likely to get us promoted.  The problem is that I think we are too far down at present for that to happen this season. I suspect that new owners would put up with a season of pragmatism if it bought promotion, but wouldn't want two seasons. 

My prediction is Jokanovic

3 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

If this takeover happens - and let's hope it it either goes through or fails very quickly, then it will be interesting to know who the new owners will be taking advice from. The  DT still reckon that Mel is going to be around as a consultant. Maybe this will be Mel's choice anyway. If that's the case then I would expect someone like Wagner or Jokanovic. Having just Googled the latter I see that he is managing in Qatar - he's now at the top of my most likely list.

If they are just after a big name then I think Rooney will get it.

McClaren is a one season wonder manager. He comes in. makes the players feel good and lets them express themselves. He will get a significant bounce. IMO he's the most likely manager to get us into the play-offs this season. He's tactically pretty limited and fairly poor at recruitment, so long term he's a bad bet. I might be tempted just to give the club a lift though. I suspect that Schteeve might not be keen if Mel is still around.

Allardyce or Warnock are the most likely to get us promoted.  The problem is that I think we are too far down at present for that to happen this season. I suspect that new owners would put up with a season of pragmatism if it bought promotion, but wouldn't want two seasons. 

My prediction is Jokanovic

What's long term with Derby?

A season is long term over the past 6 years or so,so why not let Mac take us the the play offs and we take it from there?

What worries me is basically Cockup is a dead man walking he know it the players know it everyone now knows it .

But its not only the mangers is it its the whole of the staff its also staff in backroom offices its also most of the players albeit that will take time due to ffp and getting to the months when we can go buying players again . 

The whole club now know their on borrowed time , the atmosphere there must now be toxic , the sooner the new lot come in the better it needs to happen FAST . Because all were going to be served up until it does is insipid performances by staff and players that might say they are trying but they know there only there for the short term .Who are the ones that suffer us and the club .

Im getting ready and im being serious for a season in the league below with a sheik in charge if we need to do a sheff utd then that is what we will have to do , who knows it might be fun in a small league with some top players on fat salaries if thats the way we have to do it ................who bloody cares if in 3 years we are competeing attop of prem league .WHERE WE SHOULD BE AS ONE OF THE BEST SUPPORTED TEAMS IN THE BLOODY COUNTRY . 

Most of you lot want a damn shake  its as if you dont know who you support when you tell me bournemouth are a bigger club and plz plz dont start that they have had 3 years in the prem i need to give my head a wobble . 

If this sheik takes over and does have the clout thats being reported its up the football league we go even if we have to take a step back first .Stick ya chest out lads , chin up , its a time to be proud when the ink is dry on that paper and mel walks thru that door and exits . P.s Thanks Mel for doing and trying to do a fab job just needed that bit of luck , you have been a fab chairman . 

And here is my answer to Mac 3  NO NO NO ............did i say NO well its the biggest NO i can do , i dont want any damn traitors returning thanks . 

Just now, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

What's long term with Derby?

A season is long term over the past 6 years or so,so why not let Mac take us the the play offs and we take it from there?

Listening to McClaren recently has convinced me he could be the answer short term .

Hey who knows what will happen ! 

44 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Would you want McClaren back now mate.

I still want Cocu ?

It's difficult regarding McClaren. There's a lot of affection for him - rightly - because of what he did here, firstly with Jim Smith and then the style of play during MAC-1.

But I always think he's a brilliant coach, as opposed to Manager. With TBE, he was a really innovative coach. In MAC-1, the foundations, i.e. the players were mostly there from Nigel Clough's rebuilding.

When he resurrected his career, under Uncle 'arry at QPR, again it was as a coach.

As a number 1 - or as some suggest Director of Football - I am less keen.

Maybe working alongside Rooney?

Who would you want @Curtains?

3 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

I still want Cocu ?

It's difficult regarding McClaren. There's a lot of affection for him - rightly - because of what he did here, firstly with Jim Smith and then the style of play during MAC-1.

But I always think he's a brilliant coach, as opposed to Manager. With TBE, he was a really innovative coach. In MAC-1, the foundations, i.e. the players were mostly there from Nigel Clough's rebuilding.

When he resurrected his career, under Uncle 'arry at QPR, again it was as a coach.

As a number 1 - or as some suggest Director of Football - I am less keen.

Maybe working alongside Rooney?

Who would you want @Curtains?

This is more or less where i sit he is an excellent coach trouble is he wants to be number 1 . Sometimes people dont realise their best fit and place in life till its to late . 

Personally will never ever forgive him for waving his brollies at newcastle , burnt all bridges there .

Archived