New Manager

dantheram

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

I think Jody Morris could be a good option, whether he would leave Frank is another question. Not the most glamorous of names but I think he would get us playing some decent attacking football based on his Chelsea academy days.

Would need an experienced head alongside him I think.

Maybe even Jody Morris as manager, Stevie Mc assistant? Not sure there are any links between them though.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

No way Morris would leave Chelsea/Lampard, although Morris is, imo, the brains behind the 2.

To become a manager in his own right he might? Surely thats what he wants to do.

And for his first job in management he would be coming to a club he already knows well rather than a complete unknown

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

I think he would fit straight into what we have already built and what we want to continue in terms of the academy and also the attacking football. Knows the club & city well as well as some of the players. He would be my 1st choice.

Jokanovic isnt a bad shout but would be expensive. Also wouldnt be against Stevie Mc back again if he can emulate his first time around.

Wassall has more or less same pedigree as Jody Morris, and we already have him on our books. One of our own

I have always been convinced that Wayne Rooney was brought to the club by Mel in order to raise the profile and attract a new owner - the juicy worm on the hook so to speak.

It looks like we now have a very wealthy Arab who has taken that lure.

Surely the next logical step then is for Rooney to be named as manager

I do think Cocu has had the most difficult situations trust upon him whilst being our manager but you have to win games and you have to provide decent entertainment and he isn’t doing that nor does it look likely currently. If we do change manager I think Paul Cook might be just what we need to galvanise our lot 

Archived