New Manager

dantheram

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

I agree but then again he failed in Turkey as well. Had Fenerbahce in the relegation zone after 16 games, fans obviously wanted him gone. I fear the same is happening here. Maybe he just doesn't have the authority like he did in his native country, Holland.

Iv said this before

He managed one of the two bigger clubs over there 

no only are they the most wealthiest and biggest Club along with Ajax they have unparalleled access to the countries top talents 

he’s done nothing away from that very comfy set up 

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

Not sure I understand why so many people think they'd give it to Rosenior. 

Isn't he part of the set-up that is currently not working?

Because he talks well. 

Not saying he'd do a bad job but plenty talk well. 

If we are looking in-house, Wassall would be the best option for me.

Rooney and Rosenior are too involved in the current failings. If they had solutions, they would have presented them by now. If they haven’t, they risk looking unprofessional and compromised.

Bowyer, no chance. There is a reason why he has ended up working with our Academy and not in another job in League 1 or 2. It’s a comfy job with nowhere near the same stress or pressure.

For me, the only option is Wassall, but even with him I am starting to think the task at hand is becoming too great. It’s quite the hole we are in.

Cocu should have gone weeks ago to give us a fair chance of appointing someone credible.

With each passing game, the job looks more and more unappealing.

If we keep Cocu and go down,  you could put up a good argument for Mel being one of the most inept and unsuccessful  owners we have ever had. He took over when we were in a good state, makes consistently piss poor decisions and now barring a new manager coming in soon and turning it around we are heading for an embarrassing relegation. He has good intentions but that is irrelevant when your decisions ultimately are so unsuccessful. 

10 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I said on another thread, we literally have no idea who the new guy will want. In all honesty, I'm not sure I could care less. 

We literally hired a guy with multiple titles to his name and a history of progressing young players. He made £100m profit and won 3 titles. We aren't going to get anyone even close to that CV so let's just take a shot in the dark. Pull names out of a hat - logic clearly shouldn't come into account when selecting a manager. 

What's David Hockaday up to nowadays? 

Oh so you mean a manager with proven experience in British football rather than someone operating in a substantially different environment. I think you are mistaken!

19 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

If we keep Cocu and go down,  you could put up a good argument for Mel being one of the most inept and unsuccessful  owners we have ever had. He took over when we were in a good state, makes consistently piss poor decisions and now barring a new manager coming in soon and turning it around we are heading for an embarrassing relegation. He has good intentions but that is irrelevant when your decisions ultimately are so unsuccessful. 

I'd say that pretty much every decision Morris has made, including management appointments, has been backed by the majority of fans and definitely those on this forum.

I don't think he could have done any more in my opinion. The fact that we've not had success is nothing to do with lack of effort or investment on his part.

Sadly I think that Cocu's time is about up. I was definitely in the "keep him" camp thinking they're were signs of progress, but unfortunately even I can see it's really not working.

10 minutes ago, paintingstandsatderby said:

I'd say that pretty much every decision Morris has made, including management appointments, has been backed by the majority of fans and definitely those on this forum.

I don't think he could have done any more in my opinion. The fact that we've not had success is nothing to do with lack of effort or investment on his part.

Sadly I think that Cocu's time is about up. I was definitely in the "keep him" camp thinking they're were signs of progress, but unfortunately even I can see it's really not working.

Managerial appointment wise the only decent appointment has been Mac 1 other than that all are questionable. Backed the wrong managers with loads of money, we spunked it on crap players like Anya and Butterfield and to an extent Lawrence and even Waghorn for the wages and value for money, had shocking recruitment and that has cost us. He has overseen all of this so is largely to blame.  Last summer case In point Martin who was by far our best attacker goes and then theres no proper replacement. People saying we had a good summer of business are looking more deluded as each game passes by. Only signing who has been good so far is Marshall. 

23 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Absolutely agree with this. I have never got the whole Mel Morris love in - he has consistently made poor decisions and has taken us from a strong top six side to one on its arse financially now looking down the barrel of relegation. Regardless of his love for the club he has made a complete mess of ownership and the sooner he’s gone the better. 

37 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

With each passing game, the job looks more and more unappealing.

I'm not sure about that. Any out of work manager should look at our squad plus the young talent coming through and expect to quickly move up the league.

Archived