New Manager

dantheram

4 minutes ago, RedSox said:

From the DET:  “Training

Rooney says he hasn’t been training with the team, doing individual work at home. Concentrating on preparing the team”

Wtaf?? Surely this can’t be true. Surely he was at Moor Farm watching the players train?!?

Perhaps it's badly worded and it means he's still doing some physical training on his own at home after he's done his work with the team during the day?

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, RedSox said:

Rooney says he hasn’t been training with the team, doing individual work at home. Concentrating on preparing the team”

Wtaf?? Surely this can’t be true. Surely he was at Moor Farm watching the players train?!?

Badly worded. He’s been taking training but not playing in training. Ryan Conway confirmed the same on Twitter earlier

28 minutes ago, RedSox said:

Judging by how “fit” he was after lockdown, he’ll be ambling around the pitch for a while longer if he doesn’t get the job...

5 hours ago, Premier ram said:

My first choice after Cocu left was Sean Dyche , things going a bit stale for him at Burnley , clashes with owner etc , now theres talk about a takeover being nearly complete at Turf Moor and that Dyche might be shown the door , if this indeed happens we should be first in the queue for him , he has been known to take an interest in our players occasionally after all , if available i think he would be the ideal man to rebuild us

Not a bad shout. Maybe start crowd funding for a 4yr supply of throat lozenges for the bloke....

11 hours ago, TimRam said:

Maybe the investors will insist it's Rooney to promote 'Wayne Rooneys Derby County plc' to get a load of shirt ,mugs, towels etc sold east. Anything is possible with this club.

Don't forget the bog rolls? one of this year's best sellers

Wayne Rooney will pull Derby County around within a few games. He has vast experience of the gane. England and Manchester United. Trained under a lot of top class managers. He has the confidence if decades of success. He can bring loan players in as well as anyone that I could name. He has a steadying hand in Steve Maclaren if he needs it. He will eventually have money to spend. He certainly knows a good player when he sees one.  He will learn very quickly and can consult other managers if he needs to do so. It has come a little earlier than he hoped but was always going to be our next manager in my opinion. He has a good stadium, good academy and a squad if players lacking in confidence but this can be turned round. I am sure Wayne, The Board and Steve Mac have already got a plan so let us see how it unfolds 

4 hours ago, Rampage said:

Wayne Rooney will pull Derby County around within a few games. He has vast experience of the gane. England and Manchester United. Trained under a lot of top class managers. He has the confidence if decades of success. He can bring loan players in as well as anyone that I could name. He has a steadying hand in Steve Maclaren if he needs it. He will eventually have money to spend. He certainly knows a good player when he sees one.  He will learn very quickly and can consult other managers if he needs to do so. It has come a little earlier than he hoped but was always going to be our next manager in my opinion. He has a good stadium, good academy and a squad if players lacking in confidence but this can be turned round. I am sure Wayne, The Board and Steve Mac have already got a plan so let us see how it unfolds 

I kept waiting for punchline. 

15 hours ago, RedSox said:

'work at home' = netflix, sleep, eat, game, facebook, amazon, youtube...repeat.

Don't shoot me down but Patrick Viera has just been let go by OGC Nice in France... 

He's a big name manager for the owners to announce with plenty of coaching experience at Man City and New York, I would absolutely not be against him coming in as opposed to Terry or Rooney.

https://www.ogcnice.com/fr/actualite/41359/logc-nice-se-separe-de-patrick-vieira

16 minutes ago, DeMontfortRam said:

Don't shoot me down but Patrick Viera has just been let go by OGC Nice in France... 

He's a big name manager for the owners to announce with plenty of coaching experience at Man City and New York, I would absolutely not be against him coming in as opposed to Terry or Rooney.

https://www.ogcnice.com/fr/actualite/41359/logc-nice-se-separe-de-patrick-vieira

"Horror run of form", " struggling domestically" according to the sun online.

Plenty of relevant experience then ? but would he be able to turn it around?

A no from me I think. 

Just now, Tamworthram said:

"Horror run of form", " struggling domestically" according to the sun online.

Plenty of relevant experience then ? but would he be able to turn it around?

A no from me I think. 

I absolutely see where you're coming from! However, if the board are absolutely certain they want to appoint another celebrity manager I still think I'd take Vieira over the other two options based on experience alone. 

Archived