New Manager

dantheram

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Looks like Sunderland are going to manage to fire a manager and hire a manager in the space of time that it has taken us to...come up with a list of candidates. 

Just to add insult to injury, they owe millions to MSD and are in the middle of a takeover as well.

2 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

It takes some doing to be a more chaotic club than Sunderland, but somehow we are managing it!

james corden smh GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

It is getting a little silly now.

Rumours of a takeover that was supposed to have been completed weeks ago, was allegedly being held up due to negotiations with DELL, now its allegedly because we are awaiting for the EFL charge.

If it is the EFL appeal, that isnt going to be heard this time of Christmas, so if the takeover doesnt happen before January I'm guessing Mel wont spend on a striker or any other players we clearly need?

I'm guessing we are also stuck with Rooney regardless of the results until the EFL appeal is heard.

No wonder we havent started the interviewing process.

Absolute shambles if true.

31 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Rumours of a takeover that was supposed to have been completed weeks ago, was allegedly being held up due to negotiations with DELL, now its allegedly because we are awaiting for the EFL charge.

If it is the EFL appeal, that isnt going to be heard this time of Christmas, so if the takeover doesnt happen before January I'm guessing Mel wont spend on a striker or any other players we clearly need?

I'm guessing we are also stuck with Rooney regardless of the results until the EFL appeal is heard.

We're an absolute shambles even if it isn't true.

I started this thread in September, prematurely I now accept, but to me it was inevitable at that point that we would need to act. If you had told me we’d be in December before even a list had been compiled I’d have laughed, this club is at its lowest point I have ever known, a period which includes the 3 amigos. 

What’s so wretched about this period is the complete lack of action, even under the crooks we were spared death by attrition. It just feels like a club that no one, that can influence things, cares about. I don’t think the root cause is too hard to work out, an increasingly disinterested owner wants come capital back and is dealing with the only party willing to enable that. Sadly, that party appear to be far from transparent and are quite likely thinking twice about their next move; the fans, as always, will suffer most. 

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

A lot of the goodwill fans were feeling toward Mr Morris is draining away. This takeover (if it's still happening) needn't have been announced until the ink was dry. 

On 02/12/2020 at 12:45, S8TY said:

Anyway back to what we love ...please put Big Brian in as manager ...he speaks very well on tv ...was very impressive 

23C093B8-B799-443C-A5D9-4072221077B0.thumb.jpeg.fea028136509fc100dcc2a536ea3c462.jpeg

1 hour ago, europia said:

A lot of the goodwill fans were feeling toward Mr Morris is draining away. This takeover (if it's still happening) needn't have been announced until the ink was dry. 

well, we don't know what the delay is, so why are the fans blaming MM? And if there is chiselling going on, he now so needs the deal that he's going to be feeling that chisel where the sun don't shine.

"Needn't have been announced until the ink was dry?" Well before the ink is dry, Dell are in the know, the EFL has approved the potential controller, Rooney's agent has probably told most of the football world, 32red know and there is a mass of uncontrolled noise and speculation surrounding the club.  And fans would be saying "your comms policy is poo why don't you have the decency to tell us what is going on'.

Give them some credit. They made a clear and timely announcement and told us all that there would be no further statements until the deal was done.  

So if the Sheikh turns out to ACTUALLY get on quite well with the guy who runs Man City, does that mean we could expect to see somewhat of a link blossom between the two clubs?

And would that link stretch to, say...the City group as a whole? And the other connecting clubs? Such as New York City FC?

And perhaps...the coaches of those teams? Or ex coaches? Such as Patrick Viera?

Always Sunny Fx GIF

6 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

So if the Sheikh turns out to ACTUALLY get on quite well with the guy who runs Man City, does that mean we could expect to see somewhat of a link blossom between the two clubs?

And would that link stretch to, say...the City group as a whole? And the other connecting clubs? Such as New York City FC?

Yes. They'll be willing to take our most talented youngsters. In fact that's started already.

3 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

And perhaps...the coaches of those teams? Or ex coaches? Such as Patrick Viera?

Always Sunny Fx GIF

If this isn't sorted in the next few days the conversation may go along these lines.

You've got a few reasonable kids in your academy . We bought one of you for a million quid last year.  Now you've got relegated you can have a million for four or 750k for cash plus family discount.  We'll throw in a few of Franny Lees bog rolls to wipe your tears and an old nag that used to race for Mike Summerbee to stick up front as well.

Archived