New Manager

dantheram

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dyche is a bizzare link, I fail to see any reason why he’d want to come here, especially considering Burnley are being taken over as well. Almost certainly a ploy by his agent to get more money for him, it’s entirely unrealistic that he would leave to join a team threatened with relegation to League One. 

That said, football snobbery aside, he would be an outstanding appointment in our position. Football would be grim, but he gets the absolute maximum out of every player at his disposal. He’d keep us up this season, and get us up to the Prem pretty quickly afterwards, especially if we give him some decent transfer budget.

48 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

I wouldn’t rule Dyche leaving out if they are being bought.

That’s not to say he’d come here, but there will be a lot of jockeying for position and Dyche will want to know if he’s going to be pushed out by the new owners or given reassurances.

I think Dyche has probably achieved all he can at Burnley.

I’d have thought he’d be looking at the next level up (Everton, Leicester, West Ham etc.) of clubs to manage after Burnley rather than going back to the bottom half of the Championship.

20 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Dyche is a bizzare link, I fail to see any reason why he’d want to come here, especially considering Burnley are being taken over as well. Almost certainly a ploy by his agent to get more money for him, it’s entirely unrealistic that he would leave to join a team threatened with relegation to League One. 

He lives round here, and he's probably taken Burnley as far as he can, realistically. He might just want a new challenge. It could also be as mentioned above that with Burnley being taken over he could be getting pushed out. I can see a few reasons as to why he might leave Burnley, it's not just as simple as they're Premier League and we aren't.

Dyche would be a bizarre appointment. Not from our viewpoint as I believe it would be a coup but surely his stance in the game is better than having to save us and then have the task of getting us out of the jungle that is the Championship. 

Can't see it happening personally even with the supposed bad blood between Dyche and the boardroom. I guess it keeps this topic alive for a few more days though.

11 minutes ago, Andicis said:

He lives round here, and he's probably taken Burnley as far as he can, realistically. He might just want a new challenge. It could also be as mentioned above that with Burnley being taken over he could be getting pushed out. I can see a few reasons as to why he might leave Burnley, it's not just as simple as they're Premier League and we aren't.

Yeah fair points. To be honest I was a little surprised he didn’t resign from Burnley in the summer, when they gave him absolutely no budget to work with. I thought the takeover might persuade him to stay, but maybe he’s just had enough of being up there. Spending that long in Burnley would take its toll on anyone! 

Still would have thought he’d receive better offers than us if he were to leave however. Unless these new owners really are going to come in with massive ambitions and the money to back them up. That might convince him.

2 minutes ago, Topram said:

Would love Dyche but with new owners there he now won’t really have a reason to leave 

Only if you assume it is his choice to leave. How do you know the owners won't give him his p45 at the earliest opportunity?

13 minutes ago, Andicis said:

He lives in Northampton so not that close although Derby is definitely closer than Burnley. Can't see it happening but would be delighted, solid and effective football, promotes youth and motivates his teams. With proper backing he could establish a solid prem club.

Make no mistake Derby is an attractive proposition for managers.

26 minutes ago, Kingpin said:

Why

Look into the reason why he left the England job for one.

Secondly, the football his teams play is dull as dishwater. Effective maybe but boring to watch.

So, I'm not a fan of Allardyce.

Nor am I fan of Dyche. He just whinges too much for me, about everything.

Partly by default, because no one else appeals to me, but mostly because I think he'll try to play attacking football and will continue to use the kids, Rooney is becoming my pick.

3 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Secondly, the football his teams play is dull as dishwater. Effective maybe but boring to watch.

Partly by default, because no one else appeals to me, but mostly because I think he'll try to play attacking football and will continue to use the kids, Rooney is becoming my pick.

Becoming a Rooney convert is bad enough but dishwater not ditchwater?? Disappointing. 

9 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2017/oct/04/sam-allardyce-preparing-to-sue-fa-england-exit

The actual reasons the FA gave for sacking big Sam were later found to untrue. Entrapment is not a fair way to catch people out in my view anyway. Organise a meeting with somebody under a different pre tense, dangle a big fat juicy carrot in front of them and then crucify them if they show any signs of temptation. 

Chris Hughton was touted heavily on this forum. In fact just about every time the job came up he was being mentioned.

Anyone think that now?

Given the choice would you stick with Rooney or take Hughton. He may well be out of a job soon the way things are going over there.

Maybe the Forest job is just poisonous.

Archived