New Manager

dantheram

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reading an article about Forest in The Athletic this morning, and was interested by this line when talking about who was interested in taking the Forest job before Hughton came in:

"It is also clear that, even after two decades out of the Premier League, Forest are still an attractive proposition. The club’s information was that Sam Allardyce, Eddie Howe and Nigel Pearson were interested in the vacancy, as well as the manager of another Championship club."

Wishful thinking, perhaps, but surely Sam and Eddie could also be interested in the Derby job? Or maybe were four games or so ago?

bobs burgers grasping at straws GIF

3 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Reading an article about Forest in The Athletic this morning, and was interested by this line when talking about who was interested in taking the Forest job before Hughton came in:

"It is also clear that, even after two decades out of the Premier League, Forest are still an attractive proposition. The club’s information was that Sam Allardyce, Eddie Howe and Nigel Pearson were interested in the vacancy, as well as the manager of another Championship club."

Wishful thinking, perhaps, but surely Sam and Eddie could also be interested in the Derby job? Or maybe were four games or so ago?

We will be a very attractive proposition if the takeover ever happens, which I am less convinced by the day will actually happen. 

7 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

When we sacked Cocu we could probably have had the pick of the available managers, we were facing winnable games and our position wasnt so bad.

4 games on and look where we are.

Thing is though, with the right manager, we still have enough to at least string a few wins together. CKR is like Shefti Kuqi all over again. Bielik looks like he could be the 8 million signing we made. We still have Ibe to come in and I'm sure any manager (except Rooney) will look to get Jozwiak and Sibley in ASAP.

9 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Is this meant to imply that you believe that I and / or others want he club relegated?

Neither........someone mentioned to me to me lat week that us lot who weren’t happy with Rooney being thrust into hot seat were willing us to fail.

My response to you is an ironic hat tip to that poster!

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

When we sacked Cocu we could probably have had the pick of the available managers, we were facing winnable games and our position wasnt so bad.

4 games on and look where we are.

Thing is though, with the right manager, we still have enough to at least string a few wins together. CKR is like Shefti Kuqi all over again. Bielik looks like he could be the 8 million signing we made. We still have Ibe to come in and I'm sure any manager (except Rooney) will look to get Jozwiak and Sibley in ASAP.

Has it really only been 4 games?! Feels like a ducking eternity, I can physically feel myself ageing every time we play.

I’d take big Sam 

2 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

I’d take both but bet they aren’t interested 

6 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

And Xavi at 33/1 ?

That would make sense. Lampard, Cocu, Xavi... if we just keep on hiring these once great midfielders, one of them eventually has to be as successful as Guardiola or Deschamps, right?

4 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

The deal will be agreed - would Mel be asking for more if we were top of the league, NO. 

Doesn't stop the Sheikh wanting to offer less though, given where we are, depending on what stage the deal is really at.  Agreements in Principle don't mean a damn thing, until the ink is dry on the contracts.  

5 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

The deal will be agreed - would Mel be asking for more if we were top of the league, NO. 

Might not be on Mel’s terms. Don’t know what’s been signed off or not. The proviso to buying the club may be on league status. The thought isn’t to buy a league 1 club. It’s only a thought but if talks started in May the idea is the buyers are buying a club close to achieving Premier League status. 

Noticed this from the Times. Hopefully we will have a manager before this is relevant. Inherit assumption must be at least 3y experience.

The criteria for overseas managers is that they must have worked for three out of the previous five years in what is described as a “top league” — that covers 33 of the world’s main leagues but not Norway, Solskjaer’s native country, where he had managed Molde.

23 hours ago, dlm77 said:

Sign of the times Mostyn, If you go to Starbucks in the US, it's frowned upon to order black coffee. It's coffee without milk (Americano).

I think you can still kill black people though with a gun, or by asphyxiation, as long as you have the necessary badges. Strange old Country is America.

21 hours ago, RedSox said:

It was in danger of becoming a discussion on something rather more sensitive than our next manager though.

Hi mate that’s the point though it never seems it’s a discussion regarding that matter ...even Alan Brazil is being called a racist for calling Lukaku “lazy” on his breakfast show madnes!!!!it’s a sad world at the moment 

Archived