New Manager

dantheram

5 hours ago, cheron85 said:

Because he's not been caught being a racist for ages now?

No

For me if you've been convicted of being a racist and using racist language you need to be proactive in showing you aren't - Where is his effort to try and show he's reforming? Has he been on awareness and diversity courses? Is he actively working with organisations which promote kicking racism out? Has he done ANYTHING to show he's against racism?

No - He's sat around on his paycheck assuming people have forgotten

He was found guilty in a court of law of being a racists scumbag - On that occasion - There apparently have been many others he's gotten away with - So regardless of anyone's personal opinion of the video footage he definitely is a racist as it was proven in court he was

Now I’m not sticking up for him as my impression ( don’t know him so can only be an impression) is he’s not a very nice fella, but he did go on a course re racism after the incident and he is taking the knee for all to see , yep this does not mean he is reformed but it is the kind of stuff your saying he isn’t doing??‍♂️

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, BaaLocks said:

You're right, but try it next time you are in Pret or Costa. Ask for an Americano and see if you get asked if you want milk with it.

It really wasn't (I do repeat, really wasn't) the major point I was trying to make, but glad to see that at least it has moved us away from talking about whether or not John Terry is a racist scumbag. Click 'Cheers' to say thank you!

Yeah, it was meant lightheartedly to highlight my own (and a lot of peoples) pedantry in all honesty. Just having a laugh as quite frankly, the way things are at DCFC right now I need it!

3 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

According to the programme something about JT shagging his team mates wife. It was bang out of order, no debate, but the point is irrelevant. Nothing that he could have said (unless he was himself racist) warranted that response.

Now that’s just stupid , people dishing it out choose the worst thing they can think of in an effort to push people’s buttons and get them to lose it ,, why be surprised and upset when you succeed and prod somebody to throw back the worst thing that they can say to upset you ??‍♂️,,, not good but ffs if you push people’s buttons to get them to lose it don’t complain if they do

56 minutes ago, samtheram83 said:

Eeerrrrrrr..... pedants hat firmly on here but that is not true. An Americano is an espresso shot (sometimes a double shot) poured over hot water to make a black coffee (you can add milk if you wish but this basically makes it not an Americano). Popularised in the 2nd world war by American troops stationed in Italy the local baristas named it the Americano.  They would ask for coffee this way as it was as close to the regular filter coffee they were used to in diners back in the US. It’s certainly never filter coffee. 

Serious question, I’m the customer in Costa that has an Americano with milk not coz I want an Americano with milk but because I prefer a strong coffee but not a b***k coffee. What should I be ordering instead to satisfy my requirements as I seriously don’t know. Old man syndrome me thinks ??

4 minutes ago, Gisby said:

Serious question, I’m the customer in Costa that has an Americano with milk not coz I want an Americano with milk but because I prefer a strong coffee but not a b***k coffee. What should I be ordering instead to satisfy my requirements as I seriously don’t know. Old man syndrome me thinks ??

Large Baileys, no ice

53 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Why don't people just give people a chance Terry might be great bet the people who are moaning are the same people who was say Kaz isn't good enough after 3 5mins games then plays 1 full game and then say how good they are 

The same goes for Rooney doesn’t it - he might actually do very well but everyone seems to not want that to happen if you read plenty on this forum.

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

The same goes for Rooney doesn’t it - he might actually do very well but everyone seems to not want that to happen if you read plenty on this forum.

I'm always happy to proved wrong if I thought something was bad or mistake.

I wasn't head over heels about Rooney deciding he was top dog, but if he proves my wrong, I'll be over the moon.

We did actually score a goal the other day.

9 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'm always happy to proved wrong if I thought something was bad or mistake.

I wasn't head over heels about Rooney deciding he was top dog, but if he proves my wrong, I'll be over the moon.

We did actually score a goal the other day.

The number one advantage to it being Rooney currently is that at least he has watched the players we have and he knows what they can do whereas anyone new simply won’t know and it will cost us more points potential - not that we have many

21 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Not believing that he'll succeed is not the same things as wanting him to fail. Only a moron or someone incredibly jaundiced would want us to be relegated just to prove they're right. There are very few, if any, that I've come across on here that fit that bill.

12 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

The number one advantage to it being Rooney currently is that at least he has watched the players we have and he knows what they can do whereas anyone new simply won’t know and it will cost us more points potential - not that we have many

You've overlooked the number of people on here who don't want him doing the job full stop. So whether he succeeds or fails will be a moot point.

4 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

What like Cocu ?

Wasnt really a class proven manager in my opinion. Winning a division that only has three decent team in it & he managed one of them. 

I think Mac's one league title with Twente is more of an achievement than Cocu's with PSV. We wouldn't give it neil lennon because he's won a few leagues in Scotland. 

4 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Wasnt really a class proven manager in my opinion. Winning a division that only has three decent team in it & he managed one of them. 

I think Mac's one league title with Twente is more of an achievement than Cocu's with PSV. We wouldn't give it neil lennon because he's won a few leagues in Scotland. 

So very true...rather have the best Beatle in charge than him.....

Archived