New Manager

dantheram

4 minutes ago, Mr. Mick L White said:

There are a lot of assistants that work with successful mangers - doesn't mean that they will be any good (hello Paul Clement!) Shearer was hired due to his profile as an ex-player rather than a track record of success - I would argue if Terry gets the job the same is true. 

Agree with you, but Aston Villa did improve a lot when he joined, especially defensively. 

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know quite of villa fans, who didn’t want Terry anywhere near there club, but pretty much everyone hasn’t got a bad word to say about him, apparently he is a big influence around the club and will be disappointed if he goes, and they all say he will make a top manager. I did hear when Cocu was sacked that he had, had talks with us, this was before his name broke in the press, honestly not sure how true that was. He wouldn’t be my first choice in all honesty ( Paul Cook for me) but if he his, let’s get behind him, and the club, the same if Rooney gets the job.

I don't like him (John Terry).

I don't entirely believe he's quite the character some would make him out to be and I'm also not exactly convinced he's particularly reformed. Even if he's an arse he's a human and they tend to be more complex than a list of sins or virtues.

I just hope Chelsea find a role for him, ultimately that's where he belongs in some form or other.

I think he'd make a better fist of managing our squad than RnR and seems regarded well at villa.

Just not feeling the love. Question the risk. Would just hope we stay up and move on  as a club.

Win tonight please.

6 minutes ago, sage said:

If he had apologised and said just that 'it was the heat of the battle' then Anton Ferdinand would have accepted his apology and moved on.

Perhaps he should also apologise to Wayne Bridge.

Perhaps also to the people he showed around Stamford Bridge on unlicensed cash in hand tours.

Perhaps also to the distraught Americans post 9-11 he drunkenly cavorting in front of.

Please explain the difference between Ferdinand's alleged abuse and Terry's

So he is getting castigated about personal relationships, that's absolutely non of your business to comment on!

Ffs how petty are you going to get regarding unlicensed tours. 

Do you know how many apprentices JT has financially and professionally looked after at Stamford Bridge?

Like I previously said, name calling by both of them, grow a thicker skin, but be equitable too. If you are going to castigate JT then you should do the same to AF

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55074804

"Chelsea captain John Terry has been banned for four matches and fined £220,000 for racially abusing QPR defender Anton Ferdinand.

The Football Association found Terry guilty following a four-day hearing.

A spokesman for Terry said the player was "disappointed" the FA had reached a "different conclusion" to the "not guilty verdict of a court of law".

Before people get on their moral high ground remember the similar overreaction to our prospective new owners on the basis of their record on human rights being from Saudi....oh no sorry from UAE....oh and sorry again not even running the country therefore no involvement in any human rights atrocities other than being from a Muslim country and therefore guilty by association.

I haven’t seen the Anton Ferdinand documentary yet but I will watch it. However, unless there is new information that has come to light this has been done many years ago, how long do we keep pillorying someone? The fact he was acquitted means there might be legal ramifications if he was to say anything to the contrary. 
He’s clearly been accepted at Villa as both a player and a coach and Villa have a significant proportion of BAME players. How do we know he doesn’t support anti-racism movements? He may well need further education on racism in all its forms including covert racism but I think there is a huge proportion of the country that need educating in that regard so who are to criticise? 

If he does become our head coach I will judge him on his actions from now, and his performance as a manager as to do otherwise would be grossly unfair. Personally, I don’t think it would be the right appointment but he is much more qualified and suited to the job than Rooney.

2 minutes ago, dlm77 said:

I think @IslandExile meant that if Terry had actually admitted that he said those words and not that he was repeating the words back to Ferdinand in 'sarcasm'

Would you admit to something you weren’t guilty of just to make virtue-signallers on a football forum happy 8 years later? 

What you say in court on your day in court is important and enters the public domain forever, you can’t take it back!! 

I played pool against a bloke who missed an easy black, and literally called the ball a black bastud. Those in the pub all turned around, especially the black people took interest. If he was dragged into court, should be change context on the basis of appeasement?? 

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Ok fair enough. So long ago I couldn’t remember if he was banned or not.

Even so, still stand by what I said, how long do we hold it against him for. Clearly he has been accepted by Villa and remained supported by his Chelsea friends and colleagues including Ashley Cole who I’m sure would have spoken out. I just don’t think we are the right people to judge when we only know what’s reported we don’t really know the facts, why hasn’t there been such an outcry to get him out of football?  

But the fact he’s never addressed it I accept publicly it will tarnish him and there will be people that feel uncomfortable. 

Either Rooney or Terry will see us relegated, no doubt about that. Get Phil Parkinson in or danny cowley they will keep us up. Just glad I haven't had to waste the time and money attending games this season. If I was a buyer I would be holding off before considering buying in to this, go down and could be trapped in league 1 for a few years. 

2 minutes ago, ramseyram said:

Either Rooney or Terry will see us relegated, no doubt about that. Get Phil Parkinson in or danny cowley they will keep us up. Just glad I haven't had to waste the time and money attending games this season. If I was a buyer I would be holding off before considering buying in to this, go down and could be trapped in league 1 for a few years. 

Ok ok can kinda see your points on Terry , Rooney with the inexperience . But then to go and suggest Phil Parkinson and Danny Cowley are the men that can keep this club up is just ludicrous.

35 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Did you actually read the paragraphs you quoted? ?

Of course and I watched the documentary in which it said his defence was that he thought Ferdinand had accused him of saying those words, so he was repeating them in a question. "Are you saying that I said.....?"

I think it's beyond doubt that he said those words. The doubt is all about the context. I meant it would have been good had Terry admitted he used them inappropriately.

The court found him "not guilty" - correctly IMHO - because there was an element of doubt about the context.

The FA, with less burden of proof required, found him guilty.

21 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Would you admit to something you weren’t guilty of just to make virtue-signallers on a football forum happy 8 years later? 

What you say in court on your day in court is important and enters the public domain forever, you can’t take it back!! 

I played pool against a bloke who missed an easy black, and literally called the ball a black bastud. Those in the pub all turned around, especially the black people took interest. If he was dragged into court, should be change context on the basis of appeasement?? 

Sign of the times Mostyn, If you go to Starbucks in the US, it's frowned upon to order black coffee. It's coffee without milk (Americano).

I don't think any on here are asking for Terry change his words for the this forum, more we recognise that he may have made the journey of being called a racsist a little easier on himself. Whilst he holds/was held in such high esteem in the public eye, he should behave in such a way that he leads by example, especially as a club captian and an England captain.

'What you say in court on your day in court is important and enters the public domain forever, you can’t take it back!!'..... Is this from experience ?

58 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Because he's not been caught being a racist for ages now?

No

For me if you've been convicted of being a racist and using racist language you need to be proactive in showing you aren't - Where is his effort to try and show he's reforming? Has he been on awareness and diversity courses? Is he actively working with organisations which promote kicking racism out? Has he done ANYTHING to show he's against racism?

No - He's sat around on his paycheck assuming people have forgotten

He was found guilty in a court of law of being a racists scumbag - On that occasion - There apparently have been many others he's gotten away with - So regardless of anyone's personal opinion of the video footage he definitely is a racist as it was proven in court he was

Possibly the worst post I have ever read on here

"So regardless of anyone's personal opinion of the video footage he definitely is a racist as it was proven in court he was"

Particularly this sentence which is factually incorrect and possibly slander.

Serious questions

Should this be allowed to stay up on here ?

Is Cheron85 personally liable for his actions during the heat of this moment ?

If found not guilty in a court of law - can this board still ban or suspend him ?

Just now, Dethorn said:

Possibly the worst post I have ever read on here

"So regardless of anyone's personal opinion of the video footage he definitely is a racist as it was proven in court he was"

Particularly this sentence which is factually incorrect and possibly slander.

Serious questions

Should this be allowed to stay up on here ?

Is Cheron85 personally liable for his actions during the heat of this moment ?

If found not guilty in a court of law - can this board still ban or suspend him ?

I believe it to be an honest mistake from @cheron85 between the court case, in which Terry was found not guilty, and the FA case, which Terry was found guilty.

*puts pedantic hat on*

Also slander is spoken and libelous is written. 

14 minutes ago, dlm77 said:

Sign of the times Mostyn, If you go to Starbucks in the US, it's frowned upon to order black coffee. It's coffee without milk (Americano).

yep...it won't be long until the EFL's next pursuit against us for chanting 'black and white army' as some nutter somewhere will misrepresent that the chant is about or teams skin colour ?‍♂️

Archived