New Manager

dantheram

Terry is indefensible after the documentary. If you haven't watched then please try not to argue for him until you've watched it and formed your opinions based on all the facts available publicly. Those that are saying Ferdinand needs a thicker skin or to move on probably should try and understand the wider issue and the fact that if we just move on as a society then nothing changes and people continue to be abused for their race, gender, sexuality etc. and that is what needs to change.

Those that are found guilty need to understand the implications that this abuse has on others. It isn't an open and shut case. The incidents that are highlighted aren't the only time these things will unfortunately happen to the victims in their lives.These things will happen regularly and no amount of "thick skin" can actually prevent the emotional damage this causes over time/

The Ferdinand documentary also highlighted how the FA and Terry did everything in their power to try and protect their Captain and his reputation without offering any support to Ferdinand and making him feel like the accused, when he hadn't even brought the criminal charges against Terry. He was treated differently to Terry in all of this and his career declined (without him even realising it at the time) in the wake of all the media and social abuse he and his family received. None of them asked for any of this, but some "heat of the moment" words started it all. That's what we all need to understand and learn from.

I thought the Neil Warnock part was very interesting. Warnock openly admitted that he had learnt from the Ferdinand case himself and realised that he had used words like that in the past without thinking about the bigger picture, but he is learning from it and sees the need for everyone to understand why seemingly small actions and words can have greater consequences.

In short. We shouldn't even be entertaining the idea of John Terry being our manager. He has been given the opportunity to clear his name and refused to do so. His written "apology" after the FA hearing was all about him and how to preserve what little respect he had left and not acknowledge his victim in the case at all. John Terry is all about himself, no one else and certainly not about Derby County.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

Please explain the difference between Ferdinand's alleged abuse and Terry's - Terry was being racist. He lost the England captaincy over it. 

So he is getting castigated about personal relationships, that's absolutely non of your business to comment on! - He cheated on his wife with a friends recently separated wife - lack of moral fibre 

Ffs how petty are you going to get regarding unlicensed tours. - He was tens of thousands a week and wanted to make more, against the business interests of his employer, in any other business he would have been sacked. 

Do you know how many apprentices JT has financially and professionally looked after at Stamford Bridge? - No, neither do you

Like I previously said, name calling by both of them, grow a thicker skin, but be equitable too. If you are going to castigate JT then you should do the same to AF - They haven't done the same thing

I see you have ignored throwing food and taunting grief stricken American tourists who were stranded in London post 9/11.

There are lots of other incidents, assault, parking in handicapped parking spaces etc

Personally I wouldn't employ him. 

4 minutes ago, sage said:

I see you have ignored throwing food and taunting grief stricken American tourists who were stranded in London post 9/11.

There are lots of other incidents, assault, parking in handicapped parking spaces etc

Personally I wouldn't employ him. 

Personally I wouldn't employ you, as you seem to harbour illogical grievances based on you not understanding what AF said to start the verbal abuse.

46 minutes ago, ramseyram said:

Either Rooney or Terry will see us relegated, no doubt about that. Get Phil Parkinson in or danny cowley they will keep us up. Just glad I haven't had to waste the time and money attending games this season. If I was a buyer I would be holding off before considering buying in to this, go down and could be trapped in league 1 for a few years. 

An astounding level of knowledge you don't have 

2 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

And what happens to Rooney in that scenario? I'm not saying we can't lose Rooney but I just ask what happens there, coz the chance of him saying 'yeah, I'll go back to being coach' is not one I see happening.

As for a reformed character - I do suggest you watch the Anton Ferdinand programme. JT has the perfect chance at the end of that to close it but chose not to - even if he said 'I'll meet you behind closed doors, I don't want it filming'. But he didn't, it was all about him and the 'I've put this behind me', not a moment to think about how he could actually help the situation. That's not a reformed character, that's a scumbag.

The Ferdinand programme was one sided ..never a fair argument if only one side being heard ....typical BBC stirring up old poo 

44 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Ok ok can kinda see your points on Terry , Rooney with the inexperience . But then to go and suggest Phil Parkinson and Danny Cowley are the men that can keep this club up is just ludicrous.

I don't think it's Ludicrous at all...Just down right Bonkers Schadenfreude Lol GIF by MOODMAN

Has it always been this way or have some contributors always been so judgemental....whether it's players, managers or owners it seems some people are idealistic and will never be happy.

The club is bigger than the individuals that temporarily occupy the roles within the club. I follow the club and will give my support to those who play or are acting in the best interest to drive our club forward.

7 minutes ago, S8TY said:

The Ferdinand programme was one sided ..never a fair argument if only one side being heard ....typical BBC stirring up old poo 

Perhaps if Honest John Terry had agreed to appear on the programme it may have appeared more balanced. 

6 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Bit hard to get two sides when the other side doesn't want to talk about it.

I wouldn't say I'm a huge Ferdinand fan either (Rio or Anton) but if you feel that a programme considering why a footballer who was racially abused still hasn't received an apology for that nine years later - from either the FA, Chelsea or the player - is 'stirring up the poo' (at a time when two further examples of racial abuse in the modern game were cited) then I politely suggested you completely and utterly missed the point. 

4 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

Enlighten us on what you think AF said to instigate JT response

According to the programme something about JT shagging his team mates wife. It was bang out of order, no debate, but the point is irrelevant. Nothing that he could have said (unless he was himself racist) warranted that response.

3 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

According to the programme something about JT shagging his team mates wife. It was bang out of order, no debate, but the point is irrelevant. Nothing that he could have said (unless he was himself racist) warranted that response.

That's not the full explanation of what JT thought AF said

1 hour ago, dlm77 said:

Sign of the times Mostyn, If you go to Starbucks in the US, it's frowned upon to order black coffee. It's coffee without milk (Americano).

Sorry, you're suggesting that the term Americano is used to stop racial bias of coffee without milk?

Judge Judy Reaction GIF by Agent M Loves Gifs

Archived