New Manager

dantheram

6 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

That's not the full explanation of what JT thought AF said

I'm not saying it is, I'm saying it's what Ferdinand said he said.

As for what Terry claimed, the suggestion he said 'Hey Anton, did you call me a <insert the words you can see Terry mouthing>?', especially given the bile with which you can see Terry speaking, is just ludicrous. It's not ludicrous enough to get round the doubt aspect of law but it's pretty hard to make it match with what you see on the video.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, BaaLocks said:

I'm not saying it is, I'm saying it's what Ferdinand said he said.

As for what Terry claimed, the suggestion he said 'Hey Anton, did you call me a <insert the words you can see Terry mouthing>?', especially given the bile with which you can see Terry speaking, is just ludicrous. It's not ludicrous enough to get round the doubt aspect of law but it's pretty hard to make it match with what you see on the video.

So you don't know - At least we now know you form your opinions on supposition 

Just now, Hathersage Ram said:

So you don't know - At least we now know you form your opinions on supposition 

I don't know, what I do know is that he speaks with such anger that is more than reasonable to suggest he is not asking for a clarification.

1 minute ago, Hector was the best said:

Now let's start again......Paul Cook for me he will do nicely.

Not saying I disagree, but has he got the cache for a wealthy owner with ambition? 

Mind you, if Mel sells up, it's a different ballgame.

Terry has always seemed like a right Rick to me!

That said it’s interesting to see him getting a hammering when we currently have a “manager” who’s been convicted of drink driving and a public order offence in the USA. And we have a player also convicted of drink driving. 

Seems like he’d fit in nicely if we are going by past misdemeanors!

9 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

Again you are making assumptions - I am just sick of every Tom Dick or Harry using racism in every argument.

Very, very, very, very rarely do people "use racism" in an argument if no racist behaviour has occurred, because, surprisingly, nobody wants to be on the receiving end of racist abuse, nor do people want to find themselves involved in a high profile case regarding alleged racist abuse. What does anyone have to gain from making false accusations? Anton Ferdinand's career certainly didn't benefit from it, and I'm fairly certain the wave of death threats and further racist abuse didn't either.

Implying that anyone 'uses racism' or fabricates instances of racism to prove a point or win an argument is absurd, especially when you hear or experience what those on the receiving end go through as result of speaking out.

2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

No he was not. 

Yeh - Got my FA charge and court case mixed up in my zeal

2 hours ago, dlm77 said:

The court therefore found Terry not guilty.[207][208]

Yep - As above - My mistake

1 hour ago, Dethorn said:

Possibly the worst post I have ever read on here

"So regardless of anyone's personal opinion of the video footage he definitely is a racist as it was proven in court he was"

Particularly this sentence which is factually incorrect and possibly slander.

Serious questions

Should this be allowed to stay up on here ?

Is Cheron85 personally liable for his actions during the heat of this moment ?

If found not guilty in a court of law - can this board still ban or suspend him ?

Bit melodramatic mate...

I got my court and FA cases mixed up - and therefore will happily see whatever the mods feel appropriate as a punishment for me

However - I would include that the governing body of the sport Terry plays for a still works for and was a senior representative of them found him guilty of racism 

1 hour ago, rynny said:

I believe it to be an honest mistake from @cheron85 between the court case, in which Terry was found not guilty, and the FA case, which Terry was found guilty.

*puts pedantic hat on*

Also slander is spoken and libelous is written. 

Apologies - I was in fact getting me court cases and FA cases mixed up

I'm more than happy for any of the mods to go in and alter/delete/move the post as they deem appropriate 

Because I choose to respect the forum rules and if the governing body here deem me inappropriate I will accept that as proof that I am... 

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

Would you admit to something you weren’t guilty of just to make virtue-signallers on a football forum happy 8 years later? 
No, but even if I didn't believe I was guilty I would recognise that it might have caused hurt and would want to actively take opportunity to be seen as conciliatory - especially given the person and his overall perception in the media

I played pool against a bloke who missed an easy black, and literally called the ball a black bastud. Those in the pub all turned around, especially the black people took interest. If he was dragged into court, should be change context on the basis of appeasement?? 

If what he says in a public environment causes offence, then it is offensive. I would  suggest even John Terry's lawyer would struggle to get your friend off for shouting that in a pub and then claim he was talking about a pool ball ?

10 minutes ago, JohnHarkes said:

Very, very, very, very rarely do people "use racism" in an argument if no racist behaviour has occurred, because, surprisingly, nobody wants to be on the receiving end of racist abuse, nor do people want to find themselves involved in a high profile case regarding alleged racist abuse. What does anyone have to gain from making false accusations? Anton Ferdinand's career certainly didn't benefit from it, and I'm fairly certain the wave of death threats and further racist abuse didn't either.

Implying that anyone 'uses racism' or fabricates instances of racism to prove a point or win an argument is absurd, especially when you hear or experience what those on the receiving end go through as result of speaking out.

What utter drivel!

Archived